Lose this game.

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by Greyvtrayn, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Not interested in moving out of the WC1 spot. Let's lose this one!

2. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

For some reason they cannot beat CBJ this season

3. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Except for the game they beat them. But yes they are 1-2 against them into tonight.

4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I'd rather make sure you get points. Columbus will likely finish higher anyway.

5. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

I disagree....I def think the Rangers are a better team. Columbus had that crazy run in december but i feel the Rangers are a more balanced team. That being said, i suspect the Rangers will finish ahead of them in the standings..to their disadvantage.

6. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Oh yea I forgot about the big comeback game

7. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

One of the best wins of the year.

8. RangersFan

I believe the Rangers are better than CBJ. Outside of the long winning streak CBJ has been a good but nothing special team. With 26 or 27 games left it is too early to predict how these teams will finish, but winning last night obviously increased the odds that the Rangers will open against Pitt again. Long way to go though, so who knows. The Rangers could get 2nd still and host Pitt (tied and Pitt has 2 games in hand). Too early to really call with any certainty yet.

What we can focus on is the ridiculous playoff system the NHL has. 4 of the top 5 teams in the NHL are in the Met, and 3 of them will be in the same half of the bracket come playoff time, that is an asinine system. Don't give me rivalries or brackets, give me a logical system. Last season the 2 best teams played in the 2nd round, Pitt and Wash. This season the Met has 4 teams with 75 points right now, only the Central has even 2 teams with 75 or more points. The other 2 divisions don't even have a 75 point team.

The NHL needs to stop the nonsense of trying to force rivalries and go back to conference standings. You can have brackets still if you want a bracket challenge (1/8 winner plays 4/5 winner no matter what like the NBA does). But this nonsensical ranking system the NHL has needs to be tossed aside for a logical and balanced system, and frankly just about ANY new system they come up with will be better than the current ridiculous system.

Only in the NHL.

9. RangersFan

Quote from the Brooks article this AM:

Due to the idiocy of the NHL playoff format that rewards decent teams in weak divisions at the expense of strong teams in powerhouse divisions

For once he is dead on. Crazy.

10. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

Tonight vs Blue Jackets is the Rangers' perfect loss. Loss puts them in 4th place in their division .
    It is their destiny.

11. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

They played a dumb, idiotic, defensive game. Clendening was a bumbling embarrassment. Kreider was a no show. He might have well not even taken the ice.

12. RangersFan

Can't win them all. 9-2-1 in their last 12 games. They were due for a down game, and CBJ has come out of their break hot with two big W's.

They need to tighten up the PK and stop looking for SHG's and start getting the puck out.

They might hit a little down patch here after a hot run, it was due. Overall I think they'll be fine. Curious to see who they add on D this week.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017