Losing the series (impact on interest)

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by julius, Apr 22, 2018.

1. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Despite the sweep last year and overall a disappointing season all things told, I still was looking forward to the season, especially after the draft. There were things that had me hold out hope for decent things in the 2018 season.

After 2017, we had hope that Nurk would continue to show the "Beast" ( instead we mostly got the "Least"). Moe played decent last year (but for the most part this year was a non factor). CJ was supposed to compete for a 50-40-90 stat line (but he regressed). Damian would finally have a big man to help him offensively and defensively (while Damians defense DID improve, his shooting %'s didn't seem to benefit from Nurk as much as we hoped). Turner had been working on his 3 (he did improve, but he's still not a consistent threat). Aminu would be healthy (he actually did show positive growth). The offensive would be clicking with the addition of Nurk (nope).

After last year, I felt they could fight for HCA in the first round! Instead, we got a team that lost 6 (I think) in a row at home this year, and totally came out of the playoffs flat and listless.

So now, after Nurk was (overall) a disappointment, Moe was mostly a disappointment and the team played pretty sub-par at home all year (and lost in the first round despite having HCA), I'm not sure I'm really looking forward to next year.

Even though Ed was awesome, Collins showed hints at something valuable and in limited time Baldwin showed some promise to being a competent backup, the loss in the series against the Pelicans really soured me on the future of the team. Although I never truly felt the team as constructed was built for a long run in the playoffs.

I wonder how this will impact the overall fan mindset?

At least after last year they could maybe see more positives than negatives (even if you think that was foolish). Not so sure about this year.

BrunoSOC and Orion Bailey like this.
  2. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

I am exited about significant changes as this current roster and play during the season had me the least interested in any Blazer team of the past decade, they just in general play lousy basketball to watch, combine that with the fact they are a tread mill team with limited options due to the infamous "summer of 16" . If they do not make any significant changes (mgmt and player) then I have nothing to look forward to, at a minimum I want a significant roster remake by trading one of CJ or Dame, I would also accept a blow up.

3. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

Whatever happen in the offseason, I still gonna be there next season like the good cuck I am

4. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

Blazer Love WILL NEVER DIE in me until the day I've breathed my last breath on Mother Earth. I'm looking forward to next season right now. This team has a lot of potential. It needs tweaks, not implosion.

5. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

As a season tocket holder, i hear what you are saying, but remember, alot can happen to this team by the time tip off starts cor 2018-19.
    A new coach might breed new hope.
    A cj trade might flip the switch.

The beauty of this is the future is not written. No matter how it looks like the story is going, it can change at a moments notice.

Don't think the book is over just yet. Only this chapter.

tykendo likes this.
  6. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    I look forward to every year. Next year will be no different and I will support this team during the highs and lows. I have no control over the decision making so my only choice is to support or not to support. I've been called a homer and I will smile everything that happens. Sports are entertainent for me and not life.

Orion Bailey and tykendo like this.
  7. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

Good post Orion & Cup. I agree with you both. For those of you who believe you wasted your time, quit watching, find another hobby, and stop whining about it. It's OK to be frustrated, and mad at times. That's what be a FAN is. But if you find it's a "WASTE OF TIME", then it's time to move on with your life. But don't belittle us for our passion for the Blazers, and the fire to see something special happen going forward. Because whether it happens, or not, you're attitude isn't going to change our love of our extended family, The Portland Trailblazers. Blazers RULE!

8. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

I honestly can't know because I don't get to watch or listen to every game like I used to. The horrible coaching for the last decade has made it easier to miss games. That anger is something I don't miss.

If I was screaming "wtf is wrong with you???" every game I'd probably be miserable.

I'm actually going to start an OT thread about it right now

BrunoSOC and DaLincolnJones like this.
  9. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

I'll say this: The only hats I wear are Blazers hats, and I'm looking for a new non-Blazers hat to wear. Not another team's hat - NEVER THAT - but I need something else to wear for a while. I'm just so over the Stottsfense.

10. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

We won't see significant changes, the roster will probably be the same and also Stotts will be the HC. Thank you pussy Neil Olshit