Lundkvist to Dallas for 1st

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Sep 19, 2022.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Conditional fourth also. It’s being reported that the first is top 10 protected. This made sense I was looking at Dallas as one of the candidates but I thought the Rangers needed picks because there’s just not room on the roster right now for young players

Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Wow, heck of a return. That should be in the 20-25 range. I didn't think he'd do bettter than a very late 1st/early 2nd at best.

3. kreidertime

More like 12-15. Dallas isn’t that good

Ranger71 likes this.
  4. Ranger71

Yeah, maybe a 1st round exit at best.

5. kreidertime

They may not make the playoffs. Their leading scorer is a relic. They get a key injury or two they could be in trouble they don’t have a lot of depth.

6. Ranger71

We could have a great season and still end up with a top 10 pick if they package them together.

7. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

That trade was a steal by drury for that return for a player that was never gonna play here

8. PorterPanzer

PorterPanzer Active Member

I agree Mel, there's no place for Nils which is a good problem. Getting a #1 was the result of Drury being patient.

9. kreidertime

I’ve said it for a while now the Rangers need to start acquiring extra first and second round picks because management handed out so many top-heavy contracts that were stupid. In a couple years they will have to let players go. That being said I think Lundkvist is going to do fantastic on Dallas on the powerplay. Some idiots were comparing him to Poink which is a joke. He is 10 times more talented.

10. kreidertime

Though as usual senile Brooks lives in a fantasy world. Rangers are not adding Kane at the deadline. Especially giving up 2 first rounders. It's dumb. What they need is not Kane. They need thickhead Gallant to fully commit to developing Lafreniere and Kakko. Then they need Chytil to not suck in the regular season and actually take a big step forward. If he doesn't, then they need to find a way to get an better center in here. Kakko and Lafreniere developing as scorers is the key to a cup run. Panarin showed he can't be counted on in the playoffs to score like a star. Giving up 2 first rounders for a playoff rental guy in Kane isn't the answer either.

11. PorterPanzer

Nils saw the writing on the wall, guys like Jones and Robertson bulked up and passed by him while he worked with his agent to get traded. He's a very good player but the Rangers have enough small dmen with more talent. I don't think Drury would give Chicago anything near that for Kane. What further development can the Rangers offer their youth? Most of them were put right up on the big team, played the minutes they deserved and now they all have postseason experience. I don't think there will be any problems with Laf, he was dominant at the end of the season. Kakko has missed significant time so he's lagging behind. Either way the Rangers are heading into the season with a much stronger lineup.

12. kreidertime

Give me a break you play them fucking 18 minutes a night and put them on the first power-play unit like every other fucking organization does what don’t you understand

13. PorterPanzer

The Rangers PP finished 4th in the NHL last year after being bottom dwellers for years . Laf was 7th on the team in PP minutes (so please move on to another fabrication) behind Mika, CK, Fox, Panarin, Strome and Trouba (Chytil 8th, Kappo despite being hurt 9th). Enough of the tall tales and find a legitimate criticism of GG please.

NYR Fan likes this.
  14. PorterPanzer

Laf had 93+ minutes of PP ice time last year and mustered 13 shots/Kakko 53 PP minutes 8 SOG. Considering the amount of games he missed Kappo still received a ton of PP ice time. Stop making excuses for them, any future success is totally on them.

NYR Fan likes this.