Magic at Heat

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by Ice, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Ice

Ice JBB Member

WHERE: AmericaAirlines Arena, Miami.

RECORDS: Magic 28-25; Heat 40-16.

BROADCAST: TV -- WRBW-Ch. 65. Radio -- 580 AM (WDBO); Spanish-language -- 1030 AM (WONQ).

MAGIC UPDATE
    : If G Doug Christie (left ankle sprain) cannot play today, the Magic might give G Jameer Nelson his first start or insert veteran Hedo Turkoglu in Christie's spot. . . . F Grant Hill (bruised buttocks) will play after missing two days of practice this week. He practiced Thursday. . . . The Magic are coming off a lopsided loss to the Indiana Pacers and have slipped to the No. 7 seeding in the Eastern Conference playoff race.

HEAT UPDATE: Reports out of Miami say that C Shaquille O'Neal (sprained knee) might sit out the back-to-back against the Magic, his former team. The Heat have three more days off after Sunday's game in Orlando, giving O'Neal additional time to rest. . . . The Heat beat the Magic 117-107 in Miami on Dec. 19. O'Neal scored 27 points, but it was veteran G Eddie Jones who hurt the Magic most. He scored 25 points, hitting 4-of-5 from 3-point range. Dwyane Wade also scored 22 points.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: The level of the Magic's intensity. They had no fire or focus in the first game after the all-star break, and they have had the past three days off. If Shaq sits out the back-to-back, these are two games that can restart the Magic's playoff push.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/bask...?coll=orl-magic

Shaq or not, I predict the Heat will take this by 7.

2. FlaBoy

FlaBoy JBB JustBBall Member

We lost how many years can we say that prob every year losing by 3 with/out Shaq please they dont have Shaq so drive it and force them to foul and make the free throws. Iam saying now we lost this game and prob most of the next games are playoffs are destroyed were not making it to the playoffs and will prob make a trade and fire Davis but i dont see us getting anywhere near the elite teams of the nba like we were for 2 years only. Losing is now natural to Orlando and they dont have any spark to win the defense is horible and with Shaq we would have lose by much more than 3. Another game vrs Heat we will prob get close but lose and will the kings next there goes our playoffs and Davis. (Dwane Wade fouled Battie and should have been fouled out)

3. MagicForEver123

MagicForEver123 JBB Banned Member

Well, yes we lost, but it wasn't a bad loss. I mean it seems as if Hill played great once again, Dwight was okay and Jameer in his first start was great as well and we didn't have many turnovers. What killed us was Francis with his 5-14 shooting and only making 6 of his 10 FT to go along with only 4 assists. He needs to share the ball more.

What I really don't understand is, how can we lost the rebounding duel. Okay only by two but they had 4 more second chances than we. I mean we were once considered as one of the better rebounding team making 2 rebounds more than our opponents but we lost this duel by two against a Shaqless Miami?

But it's clear now that Davis isn't the right coach for this team, we had such a great start and now? All gone. How and why could this happen? If it's not because of the coach, who is to blame?

4. FlaBoy

FlaBoy JBB JustBBall Member

The GM he doesnt know how to fire a coach but he knows how to make a superstar unhappy. The trade deadline pasted maybe everyone now knows there not being traded and is playing really bad. I would keep Dwight, Hill, Nelson, Battie, Kato and Turk a maybe on Stevio beacuse he is a crowd fav and i like him he fits good here but for every 1 else its time to go maybe draft picks will do but trade it to atl or Golden State give them Pat, hunter, stevenson and maybe trade philly Doug beacuse he really doesnt fit in here. Hes good but for Sacs offense and defense not the magics we need Penny back and Mobley back the kings are unhappy with him give him back. (all in offseason)

5. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

I would guarantee you that Weis did try to trade those players, but no one wants to trade anything valuable for those role players that aren't even very good.

Johnny Davis WON'T be our coach next year. Weis is starting to have problems with him. Honestly, I don't really see a way that we can make the playoffs, with the way we are playing. Only Hill and Jameer played good today. Dwight and Turk played decent. Francis would have had more assists if Dwight or Cato could finish under the basket. They robbed him of at least 4 assists. Francis at least came alive at the end and almost helped a comeback. Seriously the last 15 sec possession that we had was the worst possession of basketball that I had ever seen. Garrity fumbling it around and somehow after 14 secs run off Turkoglu just threw it up and it went in.