Magloire to Memphis?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by DRob-50-Forever, Feb 5, 2007.

1. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/grizzl...5327872,00.htmlRumor is Memphis is trying to nab Magloire for Swift and Dahntay Jones.I think the Blazers should pull the trigger on this NOW!This would allow them to give Aldrich more minutes as the primary backup at center. This also woud also give them a better rotation by adding Swift and Jones. Jones is a defensive player and a solid rotation guy who could even start(insted of Udoka), Swift would be great off the bench and is an energy guy. Both are still pretty young, and they could even let Jones go after this season because he is an expiring deal. Look at the rotation they could have...Jack/RodriguezRoy/WebsterJones/OutlawRandolph/SwiftPryzbill/AldrichThat is a nice young rotation right there!

2. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DRob-50-Forever @ Feb 5 2007, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/grizzl...5327872,00.htmlRumor is Memphis is trying to nab Magloire for Swift and Dahntay Jones.I think the Blazers should pull the trigger on this NOW!This would allow them to give Aldrich more minutes as the primary backup at center. This also woud also give them a better rotation by adding Swift and Jones. Jones is a defensive player and a solid rotation guy who could even start(insted of Udoka), Swift would be great off the bench and is an energy guy. Both are still pretty young, and they could even let Jones go after this season because he is an expiring deal. Look at the rotation they could have...Jack/RodriguezRoy/WebsterJones/OutlawRandolph/SwiftPryzbill/AldrichThat is a nice young rotation right there!</div> Younger isn't always better. Stromile Swift doesn't make them better, nor does Jones. Getting rid of Magloire is a good thing but what they are getting in return isn't all that great. And it's Aldridge not Aldrich.

3. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Feb 5 2007, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>And it's Aldridge not Aldrich.</div>Wow big deal, my bad. I would say that getting Swift and Jones FOR Magloire easily makes them better.

4. HoNgKoNgKoBe

HoNgKoNgKoBe BBW Elite Member

Both of them are still pretty young and have good potential. But then Swift isn't as good as his last year with the Grizzlies before he got signed by Rockets. And I think Magloire is expiring. So the Grizzlies get a nice expiring contract as well and some veteran leadership.

5. moses2121

moses2121 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DRob-50-Forever @ Feb 5 2007, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I would say that getting Swift and Jones FOR Magloire easily makes them better.</div>I would have to agree that they make the team better not by much but it is better than having Jamaal Magloire on your team he has really struggled this year. Stromile is averaging 10 ppg this year up until he got injured and was actually playing quite well. Dahanty Jones has had some big games too this year and I think the Blazers should accept this deal.

6. blazerspwnu

blazerspwnu BBW Member

omg I hate magloire!! We lose every time hes on the floor. He travels every time he touches the ball. Or throws up some kind of crap prayer.pull the trigger blazers!!!we freaking traded away steve blake for this loser...Since the blazers are giving away bobbleheads of Magloire, I dont think they're gonna trade him till after the game where they give away 2,000 magloire bobbleheadds

7. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Im good with a Swift/Magliore trade, but Dahntey is our defensive stopper....hes our best defender right now(and a good one too)...he'll make the Blazers better if they got him. I wouldnt do this though.