Magloire Wins Player of the Week Award

Discussion in 'New Orleans Pelicans' started by starman85, Apr 12, 2004.

1. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">NEW YORK, April 12 ? The New Orleans Hornets? Jamaal Magloire and Denver Nuggets? Carmelo Anthony were today named the Eastern Conference and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, April 5 through Sunday, April 11.</div>

Magloire averaged 23 pts and 14.3 rebounds for the week in helping the Hornets to two more victories and another 40 win season.

http://www.nba.com/news/pow_040412.html

2. ReRun

ReRun JBB JustBBall Member

hes gonna be good, but hes sdtill young and is just starting to reac his prime. who did they play last week tho?

3. Linkin

Linkin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ReRun:</div><div class="quote_post">who did they play last week tho?</div>

If you click on the link you would see this
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Jamaal Magloire, New Orleans Hornets
    April 6 @ Sacramento: Scored 20 points and grabbed 13 rebounds in a 105-91 loss to the Kings.
    April 9 vs. Boston: Recorded 23 points, 17 rebounds and two blocks in an 89-80 win against the visiting Celtics.
    April 10 @ Milwaukee: Had 26 points on 7-of-11 shooting and 13 rebounds as the Hornets defeated the Bucks 91-87. </div>

Anyway, congratulations to Jamaal. He has improved alot since last year and has been playing great lately. He deserves to win this.

4. Fartman

Fartman JBB JustBBall Member

Jamaal Is great i have to admit that when i first saw him i said " he won't be too good" ut now after we sold elden last year after great games of the BIG CAT i'm happy that i was wrong he is really an important piece of the Hornets Puzzle i just hope he will stay in New orleans for a longgggg time and even beat Alonzo as the best center in franchise history but to achieve that he needs some more work, and also i'm glad he was an all-star this year I think he's going to be even Better after those three games, he had 13 or more rebounds that shows how important he is on our boards and more then 20 points in each game that's great, i just still wonder how would the hornets look with mash and B-diddy healthy and Jamaal Rollin like now ???? Is that possible ? a little off-topic can some1 tell me how many games since baron's coming to NBA and Jamal's being traded from miami did they play together?? sorry for off- topic i hope someone will answer [​IMG]

5. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

He's a very strange player, I likle him a lot, I know there are a lot of good shooting big men, like KG, Webber, Shaq, Duncan and others, but he seems different, he looks like he's made a living there. He doesn't even look like he's trying as hard as he does, he'll be so good in the near future, he looks like he does such difficult things with ease. I see him and Dalembert becoming monsters.

6. starman85

Fartman - I don't know the exact answer to your question, but in their first year together they played almost the entire season together as well as the playoffs. That was the year they made it to the 2nd round and pushed Milwaukee's Big three to seven games. The lineup was Baron, Wesley, Mash, PJ and Campbell, with Eddie Robinson, Lee Nailon and Jamaal Magloire coming off the bench.

7. Fartman

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting starman85:</div><div class="quote_post">Fartman - I don't know the exact answer to your question, but in their first year together they played almost the entire season together as well as the playoffs. That was the year they made it to the 2nd round and pushed Milwaukee's Big three to seven games. The lineup was Baron, Wesley, Mash, PJ and Campbell, with Eddie Robinson, Lee Nailon and Jamaal Magloire coming off the bench.</div>

After i read this i thought u were saying about baron's rookie season when, Baron E-rob and Ricky Davis made the High Voltage trio, but i checked that and u are saying about the 2000-01 season, Jamal Started 76 games and Baron came in for 82 games, so the had to play 76 games together. And that was that great season, now i remember the great SWEEP with Miami Heat great memories and then those games with Milwaukee, 4-3 [​IMG] That was Magloire's rookie season he came from the bench for 74 games.... But a season after that mashburn played only in 40 games :/ and in that season baron played 82 games... I hope they both would be healthy like in 2000-01 [​IMG]

8. starman85

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Fartman:</div><div class="quote_post">I hope they both would be healthy like in 2000-01 [​IMG]</div>

Don't we all. [​IMG]

If the Hornets were able to field a fully healthy squad, with Baron and Wesley in the backcourt, Mash and Brown at forward, and JMags down low, and then have a bench of Darrell Armstrong, Courtney Alexander, Steve Smith, Stacey Augmon, George Lynch, David West and Robert Traylor, they'd take the East, mark my words. Alas, in the west next year, even with all of those guys, they'd be no better than 6th.

9. Fartman

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting starman85:</div><div class="quote_post">Don't we all. [​IMG]

If the Hornets were able to field a fully healthy squad, with Baron and Wesley in the backcourt, Mash and Brown at forward, and JMags down low, and then have a bench of Darrell Armstrong, Courtney Alexander, Steve Smith, Stacey Augmon, George Lynch, David West and Robert Traylor, they'd take the East, mark my words. Alas, in the west next year, even with all of those guys, they'd be no better than 6th.</div>

I think Bass is going to sell Mashburn this year, i don't know why but i just feel like that... Do we even have achance for the playoffs being in the west next year ? With healthy squad YES but without i see in really dark colours. I hope Courtney Alexander will be back too i think he can be "the next best thing" but again i don't know why hehe i just have those strange feelings :/

10. starman85

Well, Magloire put up another 20-10 game this year as they won their season finale.

As to your supposition Fartman, I think that you're right in the next couple years, but not this summer. Bass is going to want to test the trade waters, which he hasn't done. His first priority is almost always the playoffs, so he'll see what he can get from Mash that will help BDizzle and JMags get back to the playoffs. Otherwise he might just play Mash next year and test the waters then.