major props to brandon roy

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by nba dogmatist, Nov 5, 2006.

1. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

he's putting up great numbers, and he's really become the glue to this team. he plays great defense, he's scoring, and making plays for others. the whole team is playing better just being on the court with him. he really is a difference maker.

2. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

He's there only bright spot on this god-awful team..

3. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

So they are 2-1 because they only have one bright spot? [​IMG] Give me a break. Zach Randolph is averaging 23 and 9, and Juan Dixon, Travis Outlaw, and Jarrett Jack are also playing well.I agree though. He's playing very well. He is splitting the defense easily, making his shots, and showing very good court vision.And how is a 2-1 team "god awful"?

4. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ Nov 5 2006, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He's there only bright spot on this god-awful team..</div>Zach Randolph anyone? He is one of the most underrated players in the entire league. He puts up 20 almost every night and gets you about 8 rebounds. He is surrounded by young and unexperienced players so he gets overlooked. But Brandon Roy is playing great. I picked him to win ROY and if he keeps this up, it looks like he will do just that.

5. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

They have no offensive scheme at all. They stand around, and do there 1 on 1 bull sh*t. Ime Udoka is starting at SF, are you kidding me? Zach Randolph is just a bum, he doesn't play defense, he does have some nice offensive moves, but he could be so much better, if he got stronger and got rid of his fat. I like Martell Webster he seems to be improving, Jarrett Jack is a solid all-around basketball player, and Travis Outlaw has potential but he still makes some stupid desicions..Brandon Roy has played exceptionally well for a rookie, and he looks good. He's taken some boneheaded shots, but I think he just needs some time, and he'll be a great player for many years..Juan Dixon isn't exactly playing great? I don't know what your talking about, he's playing okay, and he hit a big shot last night..Jamaal Magloire is the most overated worthless piece of crap I have ever seen, in the first 5 minutes I mustve seen 3 turnovers mainly because of his stupidity. They beat the TWolves who also look like the 2nd worst team in the NBA behind the Blazers..When you have no flow on offense, nobody moves, no one sets picks, you have NO leaders, and your all inexpierienced your going to be terrible. And they are..Face the facts here, they beat the Timberwolves..Both teams are just horrible.

6. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ Nov 5 2006, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>They have no offensive scheme at all. They stand around, and do there 1 on 1 bull sh*t. Ime Udoka is starting at SF, are you kidding me? Zach Randolph is just a bum, he doesn't play defense, he does have some nice offensive moves, but he could be so much better, if he got stronger and got rid of his fat. I like Martell Webster he seems to be improving, Jarrett Jack is a solid all-around basketball player, and Travis Outlaw has potential but he still makes some stupid desicions..Brandon Roy has played exceptionally well for a rookie, and he looks good. He's taken some boneheaded shots, but I think he just needs some time, and he'll be a great player for many years..Juan Dixon isn't exactly playing great? I don't know what your talking about, he's playing okay, and he hit a big shot last night..Jamaal Magloire is the most overated worthless piece of crap I have ever seen, in the first 5 minutes I mustve seen 3 turnovers mainly because of his stupidity. They beat the TWolves who also look like the 2nd worst team in the NBA behind the Blazers..When you have no flow on offense, nobody moves, no one sets picks, you have NO leaders, and your all inexpierienced your going to be terrible. And they are..Face the facts here, they beat the Timberwolves..Both teams are just horrible.</div>Theyve always been a bad offensive team. they're doing better than usual on offense so far. They're averaging 95-96 ppg whereas they were last in the League scoring 89 ppg last year. Martell Webster is the one playing most of the SF minutes, and he is playing well. He has a nice stroke. Zach Randolph is great in the post, and a good rebounder. Hey, I wouldnt call 23 and 9 being a bum. Those numbers are better than Chris Bosh's last year. So how is he not a bright spot? Travis Outlaw had a huge game yesterday getting 18 and 15..Juan Dixon has been averaging 11 ppg, in only 21 mpg, so he is a bright spot atleast. He's a boost to their offense in limited minutes. Hey, Jamaal is a decent center. He rebounds, and plays defense. The TWolves look like the 2nd worst team in the NBA? LMAO, what a joke. Lol, why are you even a mod? You know nothing about the NBA.The Twolves have Kevin Garnett, Mike James, Ricky Davis, Randy Foye, Trenton Hassell, and others. How can you say that they look like the 2nd worst team in the NBA? They're 2-1 :lol:The Twolves are horrible? They were knocking on the door in the Northwest last year, this year they are much improved. How could you say that? Alot of people favourite them as a playoff team, including myself. You just lost all credibility from me.

7. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Nov 5 2006, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Theyve always been a bad offensive team. they're doing better than usual on offense so far. They're averaging 95-96 ppg whereas they were last in the League scoring 89 ppg last year. Martell Webster is the one playing most of the SF minutes, and he is playing well. He has a nice stroke. Zach Randolph is great in the post, and a good rebounder. Hey, I wouldnt call 23 and 9 being a bum. Those numbers are better than Chris Bosh's last year. So how is he not a bright spot? Travis Outlaw had a huge game yesterday getting 18 and 15..Juan Dixon has been averaging 11 ppg, in only 21 mpg, so he is a bright spot atleast. He's a boost to their offense in limited minutes. Hey, Jamaal is a decent center. He rebounds, and plays defense. The TWolves look like the 2nd worst team in the NBA? LMAO, what a joke. Lol, why are you even a mod? You know nothing about the NBA.The Twolves have Kevin Garnett, Mike James, Ricky Davis, Randy Foye, Trenton Hassell, and others. How can you say that they look like the 2nd worst team in the NBA? They're 2-1 :lol:The Twolves are horrible? They were knocking on the door in the Northwest last year, this year they are much improved. How could you say that? Alot of people favourite them as a playoff team, including myself. You just lost all credibility from me.</div>Martell is playing well, I like the kid, he's doing well, and he's working. Zach Randolph could be so much better, he just needs to lose some weight, and get in shape. He's got a great offensive game, one of the most underated offensive games in the NBA. He's athletic enough, to be an effective defender if he could just get in shape. Travis Outlaw had a great game yesterday, he made some mistakes, but he'll get better..Magloire is not a good center, he's basiclly not even there on offense, he played alright against GS getting 5 offensive boards, but other than that he has not impressed me one bit. Dixon has had his moments so far, he shot the ball well against Seattle, not so well against GS or Minesotta, but he hit a big shot last night. Mike James took WAY to many shots, I don't respect his game at all. He comes down court, and immediatly jacks up a 3.. the Twolves got KG involved in the first quarter, they looked pretty good. After that they didn't do jack sh*t with KG. He is the only one in the there offense that moved without the ball, set picks, and such. Foye didn't get alot of time, but he missed his shots when he was in, so he hasen't proved to be such a great player YET. I'm positive that will change though. Ricky Davis took some ill advised shots last night, but he did play solid on defense. I don't see this team making the playoffs, I see them being a high lottery team. Again I'm telling you WHAT I SAW LAST NIGHT. I didn't think either team looked good, that was one of the worst games I've seen..I am just telling you what I saw last night. :thumbdn1:

8. ballerman2112

I had a long response all typed out and my internet lost connection so yall are going to have to settle for a worse response.First of all, you are flippflopping way too much. First, you say that their only bright spot is Brandon Roy and now you are praising half of the guys on the team for what they have done this year. You say that Zach Randolph is one of the most offensivley underrated players in the league (which he is), but you also call him a bum a couple of post' previous. Martell Webster is playing good, Juan Dixon is playing good for only getting 21 minutes a night, and Travis Outlaw just had a beastly game. They have a ton of bright spots. And they are also doing this with out LaMarcus Aldridge. And he IS a brightspot most definitely. Also, Magloire isnt a bad center. He is an average center at worst IMO. He was an All-Star two seasons ago so I fail to believe that he lost all of that talent. With hard work and consistent playing time, he should have a good season.As for minny, they are not a bad team. Any team with KG on it is a close to playoff contender. They also have young talent, a few decent scorers, and a decent amount of role players. They arent that bad and they have a good chance of making the playoffs this year. Every team has a bad game every once in a while. The fact of the matter is that they won the previous two games....And CB4, you calling KingJamez "a joke" and telling him that he shouldnt be a mod is childish and unnecessary. It is obvious that you are jealous of his position and that was very uncalled for. If you want respect, you need to give respect.

9. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Nov 5 2006, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I had a long response all typed out and my internet lost connection so yall are going to have to settle for a worse response.First of all, you are flippflopping way too much. First, you say that their only bright spot is Brandon Roy and now you are praising half of the guys on the team for what they have done this year. You say that Zach Randolph is one of the most offensivley underrated players in the league (which he is), but you also call him a bum a couple of post' previous. Martell Webster is playing good, Juan Dixon is playing good for only getting 21 minutes a night, and Travis Outlaw just had a beastly game. They have a ton of bright spots. And they are also doing this with out LaMarcus Aldridge. And he IS a brightspot most definitely. Also, Magloire isnt a bad center. He is an average center at worst IMO. He was an All-Star two seasons ago so I fail to believe that he lost all of that talent. With hard work and consistent playing time, he should have a good season.As for minny, they are not a bad team. Any team with KG on it is a close to playoff contender. They also have young talent, a few decent scorers, and a decent amount of role players. They arent that bad and they have a good chance of making the playoffs this year. Every team has a bad game every once in a while. The fact of the matter is that they won the previous two games....And CB4, you calling KingJamez "a joke" and telling him that he shouldnt be a mod is childish and unnecessary. It is obvious that you are jealous of his position and that was very uncalled for. If you want respect, you need to give respect.</div>Well, ballerman, were 2-3 games into the NBA season, so far I've seen some not so good things from the Blazers, but Brandon Roy has been consistent so far, and he's lived up to his hype..so far..I'll finish this later.I'm just commenting on there team after one game I've actually seen.

10. ballerman2112

Well, they have a winning record so far so whatever they are doing has to be working. And I dont think you can attribute that all to Brandon Roy. Randolph is playing great and the young role players on that team are stepping up. Your right, Brandon Roy has been consistent and he has been playing great...but that doesn't mean he is the only bright spot on this team so far. that is all I am saying.

11. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ Nov 5 2006, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Martell is playing well, I like the kid, he's doing well, and he's working. Zach Randolph could be so much better, he just needs to lose some weight, and get in shape. He's got a great offensive game, one of the most underated offensive games in the NBA. He's athletic enough, to be an effective defender if he could just get in shape. Travis Outlaw had a great game yesterday, he made some mistakes, but he'll get better..Magloire is not a good center, he's basiclly not even there on offense, he played alright against GS getting 5 offensive boards, but other than that he has not impressed me one bit. Dixon has had his moments so far, he shot the ball well against Seattle, not so well against GS or Minesotta, but he hit a big shot last night. Mike James took WAY to many shots, I don't respect his game at all. He comes down court, and immediatly jacks up a 3.. the Twolves got KG involved in the first quarter, they looked pretty good. After that they didn't do jack sh*t with KG. He is the only one in the there offense that moved without the ball, set picks, and such. Foye didn't get alot of time, but he missed his shots when he was in, so he hasen't proved to be such a great player YET. I'm positive that will change though. Ricky Davis took some ill advised shots last night, but he did play solid on defense. I don't see this team making the playoffs, I see them being a high lottery team. Again I'm telling you WHAT I SAW LAST NIGHT. I didn't think either team looked good, that was one of the worst games I've seen..I am just telling you what I saw last night. :thumbdn1:</div>So first you say they are a horrible team with only one bright spot, and now you start praising their players? This is not how a debate should be at all. I dont care if Zach Randolph could be better. You cant diss a guy who throws up 23 and 9 a day. That just doesn't make sense. Magloire does what a Center needs to do. He gets boards, and plays hard on defense. As long as a Center does that, they're okay in my book. He isnt all that great offensively, but he will score you 10 points off rebounds, and inside points.Okay, so you are saying that the TWolves are the 2nd worst team in the NBA because they had one bad game? That makes no sense at all. Just stop talking. First you say they are the 2nd worst team in the League, now you say they'll be a high lottery team? Stop changing your mind, man. And you know what? I say that they're a playoff team. They have alot of offensive talent, and they were a great defensive team last year. They almost made it last year, and they are much improved this year imo. KG will probably have a better year too. I think it will take a littlewhile for their chemistry to settle in b/c of all the offensive weapons, but when it does, they'll be a sick offensive team.

12. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Nov 5 2006, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So first you say they are a horrible team with only one bright spot, and now you start praising their players? This is not how a debate should be at all. I dont care if Zach Randolph could be better. You cant diss a guy who throws up 23 and 9 a day. That just doesn't make sense. Magloire does what a Center needs to do. He gets boards, and plays hard on defense. As long as a Center does that, they're okay in my book. He isnt all that great offensively, but he will score you 10 points off rebounds, and inside points. After 3 games, they've won 2, thats great! It was ugly last night though, and I can guarentee they won't keep winning. Okay, so you are saying that the TWolves are the 2nd worst team in the NBA because they had one bad game? That makes no sense at all. Just stop talking. First you say they are the 2nd worst team in the League, now you say they'll be a high lottery team? Stop changing your mind, man. And you know what? I say that they're a playoff team. They have alot of offensive talent, and they were a great defensive team last year. They almost made it last year, and they are much improved this year imo. KG will probably have a better year too. I think it will take a littlewhile for their chemistry to settle in b/c of all the offensive weapons, but when it does, they'll be a sick offensive team.</div>I'm not praising there players, they are not a good team at all, they have some talent, and they have a future ahead of them. But right now they just aren't playing team basketball. I'm not dissing the guy, he has a good set of post moves, but he doesn't play defense, and he COULD be so much better. I don't like Magloire's game, he doesn't exactly hustle either, he's a veteren; he and Randolph should be out there trying to be leaders. I realize they've got alot of young talent. Aldridge, Roy, Randolph, Jack, Outlaw, Webster etc. They're all young, and they have potential, but the organazation needs to get some vet's in there, and some guys that can play D, and set up an actual offense. Are you like retarded? After one game, I've seen the TWolves and Blazers play in, neither team looked good at all. I'm inferring after one game, they aren't that great of a team. I don't care if you have them in the playoffs or not, if they don't get KG the ball they won't win. Mike James think's hes the savior out there. Ricky Davis can look like an all-star or he can look like crap. When I said high lottery team, I meant top 3-5 pick, thats what I think of that team. I don't think Mike James improved there team at all. He's not the type of PG you want, when your looking to improve and you need a playmaker. Granted I haven't seen Mike James play a ton, but when I have he looks like a ballhog out there, when he should be passing the ball off, and setting up an actual offense. I think KG will have a great year if they get him the ball, we all know he'll get it done on offense, but I believe it depends on Mike James, if he can get KG the ball for 15-20 shots a game, they will be very good offensively. KG brings so much to the table, he knows when to pass it or take the shot. James can shoot the ball well, but he needs to limit his shots, and know when to take the shot, or get the ball into the post to Garnett.

13. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Getting back on topic. Brandon Roy is doing everything people thought he could. It's very hard to compare him to anyone in the NBA right now. He can shoot, pass, run, handle the ball, defend. He does it all and he's really smart. The Blazers really lucked out in getting him, he's the perfect pick for a franchise thats been one of the bigger jokes in basketball lately. Other points. - Jarrett Jack's been playing great. He doesn't put up great numbers but he just runs the offense and plays in the flow of the game. He's the perfect PG for this team. He and Roy form one of the most steady/mature/smart backcourts in basketball. - Zach Randolph is a waste of talent, what he scores on offense he gives up the next play on defense. He needs to get in better shape and rebound the ball with more heart. Other than his bulk and offensive moves he's worthless in all other areas. - Travis Outlaw had one good game, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

14. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

And just think dogma, had we not traded for Telfair, we could have had Brandon Roy in Boston... I will also admit that as much as a love Roy, at the time I liked the trade (we needed a PG bad) and I didn't know we would get Rondo or how good he would be. But looking back, knowing what we have, we should have taken Roy and dealt Allen somewhere.

ANYWAY, since all that is irrellevant, I... Love... Roy! He has been my favorite player in this draft class from the beginning of his senior year at Washington. He does absolutely everything, he's the best rookie in this draft, and if he doesn't win ROY I'll shoot myself. There is nothing he can't do, and like BCB said he's such a smart player. I don't know how you can not like him.

Roy for ROY, and president!