Manchester United's number 1 target?

Discussion in 'England' started by united4life, Nov 18, 2006.

1. united4life

united4life DYC Squad Backup player

Ok, there has been talk of buying torres in the january transfer window. There is also the talk of having a shot for hargreaves again from alot of people.

But hargreaves is injured and munich aren't willing to let there asset go, well not just yet anyway.

But is our money best spent in january on either of the players above? There are two more option's left to spend our money. The young american, one freddie adu is one. There is alot of press about the 17 year old but is it worthy? I've seen him play once or twice and he's ok. The talent's there, there's no doubt but to make him a real star work is involved!

The second is Nani. Another winger that Sir Alex rates very highly. He's got pace and he's pressed as the ronaldo of the left wing. I for one would like to see him. He could be another one of sporting lisbon's talent's just waiting to be unleashed.But is he worth the chance and the money it will take to bring him to old trafford?

One thing is certain. The two young talents of Adu and Nani won't be avalible forever with the giant's of europe taking notice to them too.

So do we go for the young talents and hope they turn into world class stars or do we go with the one plus for england in the world cup?

I'll leave it up to you. [​IMG]

2. SoilBorn

SoilBorn DYC Mr. Rock 'n' Roll

Torres is a necessity. He is the poacher-type player we need as he is absolutely clinical around the penalty spot or closer. Saha is great and everything but his strengths lie more towards holding the ball up and creating around the edge of the box but that's Rooney's territory. I honestly see Torres and maybe a back-up combative, defensive midfielder as the final pieces of this team as of right now.

Nani is a good prospect and I'd like to see United go for him in the summer if he's still up for grabs but Torres is the more pressing issue.

3. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

I doubt Torres would join United, I think theres only three clubs he would join and those being Milan, Barca and Chelsea.

Can't see Chelsea pursuing much intrested with the likes of Drogba and Schevkenko about, realistically if he didn't play for Valencia then Barcelona would get him, leaving Milan to snatch. [​IMG]

Guess time will tell.