Manu!

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by NBAddict, Mar 8, 2003.

1. NBAddict

NBAddict JBB JustBBall Member

Ginobili's stats for the Spurs vs Nets game, March 6, 2003:
    E. Ginobili 33 minutes, 6-11 shooting, 1-2 from beyond the arc, 5-5 freethrows, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 5 steals, 18 points.

Is it a coincidence that the Spurs are starting to play their best ball now that Ginobili has recovered from his ankle injury in the Worlds?

What do you think of the international backcourt of Parker and Ginobili? Do you think the Spurs should add Kidd to the mix? Which players should the Spurs pursue assuming they sign TD?

2. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I like the international backcourt of Ginobili and Parker. I think it gives the Spurs the added offensive punch that they need. While Ginobili was injured the Spurs had to go to Duncan every time and let him and Parker play a two man game. Ginobili is the deadly shooter that the Spurs need healthy if they want any chance to go far in the playoffs. If the Spurs could add Kidd then they could have the most deadly line-up in the league. With Kidd at PG, Parker at SG, Ginobili at SF an dDuncan at C, the Spurs would every night but more talent ont he floro for there team then any other team. If they keep Duncan and Kidd then I think they will be legitimate contenders for the NBA title.

3. LaBballFan

LaBballFan JBB JustBBall Member

Manu had 2 great games in a row.
    He is great player,I really liked his dunks in Europe,I was all like :shock: :shock: White man can really jump

I think he will be one of the best role players next season

He will average baout 14 points next season........count on that!!
    Only problem is that he isn't so young,he is 25.
    He will have 3 good seasons and he will be too old.
    Spurs will be able to sign Timmy D.
    D Rob's and Smith's big contracts will expire and they will have enough cap space to sign Duncan and add someone.

I don't know who will they sign but my guess is Kidd or Kandiman.
    I really like Parker so I wouldn't like them to sign Kidd.

One of my friends told me(their fan) that he would like them to sign Kandiman and Lamar Odom.
    If they do that they are gonna be the best team in the whole league

Imagine that line up

Parker ( 13 ppg,5 apg)
    Ginobili( about 12 points,4 boards)
    Odom(15 ppg,6 apg,6 rpg)
    Duncan (25 ppg,13 rpg)
    Kandi ( 15 ppg,10 rpg)

That would be crazy!!!

4. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Sorry but odom is coming to detroit [​IMG] manu is a great young talent.He watches the game so well and gets in good positions to steal the ball.I'm confident that kidd and duncan will be on the same team next season. 8) next season spurs will be NBA champions for sure..

5. LaBballFan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">Sorry but odom is coming to detroit [​IMG] manu is a great young talent.He watches the game so well and gets in good positions to steal the ball.I'm confident that kidd and duncan will be on the same team next season. 8) next season spurs will be NBA champions for sure..</div>

I don't like this!!

I don't like Kidd and I don't like Kandi and Odom combo!!!

My Lakers are in trouble :oops: [​IMG] :twisted:

6. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I was told my mate who is a pro player by the way....that duncan expected to sign the max and kidd for like a 3 year deal but it is 99% sure kidd wil sign with spurs whatever the deal.Might also sign elden campbell or juwan howard depending.

7. NBAddict

I don't think Kidd will end up in San Antonio. Money talks as well as big markets. My bet is he stays in New Jersey.

It will be interesting to see how many Clippers end up with the Spurs. It was also suggested during the Nets - Spurs game that they roll over that cap space and use it to sign Garnett in the summer of 2004.

I don't think that will happen either but imagine a team with both Duncan and Garnett!

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Unless stephen jackson was joking with me [​IMG] ..kidd will sign.Might sign elden campbell to..

9. LaBballFan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">Unless stephen jackson was joking with me [​IMG] ..kidd will sign.Might sign elden campbell to..</div>

You got good sources!!!

Can you please teel me about Kandi and Odom so I can teel this to my friend??

10. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Last i heard a while back the nuggets were very interested in signing Kandi...as well as signing arenas.Odom is interested in playing for detroit next season and wants to be with a winner.As well knowing we will get a good pick given to us by memphis.

Things can change my now til the end of the season and signing Fa of course..but thats what know so far.

11. NBAddict

In my signature I just put a link to Sports Cars and NBA stars. A poster in my forum (actually a moderator) does some work tricking vehicles for the stars. This morning he posted pictures of Artest and Bender with their rides.

Moderator: feel free to edit if this message is a violation.

12. SCBrian

SCBrian JBB JustBBall Member

stephen jackson is having such a great year...

wutta break for the spurs having him play the way he has...i think he's one of the real reasons the Spurs have played so well all season...him and Ginobili...they haven't had that kinda athleticism in a long time...

imma Laker fan so naturally i hate stephen jackson and his raining 3's on us =P but he's been playin some damn nice ball...

13. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

well hes a damn good baller. can you see my avatar?

14. Mel JBB

Mel JBB JBB Webmaster

ginobili is a very good player. i watched him during the world games in the summer, when his team humilated Team USA. he was all the talk during that whole tourney.

can't believe he was a second rounder!!

15. steviefranchise

steviefranchise JBB JustBBall Member

Ginobili's gonna be an awesome player someday man, he's kinda like Steve Nash, in a way.

16. jmantic15

jmantic15 JBB JustBBall Member

great player. nuff said