ManUtd close in on Striker Tevez!

Discussion in 'Manchester United FC' started by Petey, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/6272664.stm</p><div class="mxb"> <div class="sh"><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Man Utd close in on striker Tevez </div> </div> <font size="2"> <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="203" align="right"> <tbody><tr><td> <div> [​IMG] <div class="cap">Tevez played a big part in keeping West Ham in the Premiership last season</div> </div> </td></tr> </tbody></table> West Ham striker Carlos Tevez is set to join Manchester United, BBC sports editor Mihir Bose understands. </font>

<font size="2">The discussions are under way and Tevez may move on loan or permanently to the Premier League champions. </font></p>

<font size="2">Tevez, 23, is currently on international duty with Argentina in the Copa America in Venezuela. </font></p>

<font size="2">West Ham have said they want to keep him after he helped them survive in the top flight last season but doubts have remained over his Hammers future. </font></p>

<font size="2">"I understand talks have been going on for several weeks now," added Bose. </font></p>

<font size="2">"Manchester United are certainly very keen on Carlos Tevez but they are very complicated talks because of the nature of the loan arrangement he has at West Ham.</div></font></p>

</p>

Tevez-Rooney (and Rossi)</p>

Giggs/Nani-Scholes/Anderson-Ronaldo</p>

Owen/Carrick</p>

Evra-Rio-Vidic-Neville</p>

EVS</p>

... what a potent squad. </p>

</p>

-Petey </p>

</p>

2. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Petey)</div><div class='quotemain'>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/6272664.stm</p><div class="mxb"> <div class="sh"><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Man Utd close in on striker Tevez </div> </div> <font size="2"> <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="203" align="right"> <tbody><tr><td> <div> [​IMG] <div class="cap">Tevez played a big part in keeping West Ham in the Premiership last season</div> </div> </td></tr> </tbody></table> West Ham striker Carlos Tevez is set to join Manchester United, BBC sports editor Mihir Bose understands. </font>

<font size="2">The discussions are under way and Tevez may move on loan or permanently to the Premier League champions. </font></p>

<font size="2">Tevez, 23, is currently on international duty with Argentina in the Copa America in Venezuela. </font></p>

<font size="2">West Ham have said they want to keep him after he helped them survive in the top flight last season but doubts have remained over his Hammers future. </font></p>

<font size="2">"I understand talks have been going on for several weeks now," added Bose. </font></p>

<font size="2">"Manchester United are certainly very keen on Carlos Tevez but they are very complicated talks because of the nature of the loan arrangement he has at West Ham.</div></font></p>

</p>

Tevez-Rooney (and Rossi)</p>

Giggs/Nani-Scholes/Anderson-Ronaldo</p>

Owen/Carrick</p>

Evra-Rio-Vidic-Neville</p>

EVS</p>

... what a potent squad. </p>

</p>

-Petey </p>

</p>

</div></p>

It's hard not to chose them as favorites for every single title next season. </p>

</p>

</p>

3. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    This is on our Manchester United home page :</p>

</p><h2>United close to deal with Tevez</h2> Thursday, July 5, 2007 06:51 AM

By Martyn Ziegler
    Special to PA SportsTicker
    </p>

MANCHESTER, England (Ticker) - Argentina striker Carlos Tevez is close to sealing a move to English Premier League giants Manchester United.
    </p>

The source of so much controversy for West Ham last season, Tevez is currently on international duty with Argentina in the Copa America.
    </p>

It is understood that his representatives and United are close to sealing an agreement for the 23-year-old and he is set to sign once the tournament in Venezuela finishes on July 14. </p>

The details of the transfer remain unknown as Tevez is still under contract for three more years with West Ham. </p>

The Hammers are embroiled in a legal dispute with his agent, Kia Joorabchian, who runs the company Media Sports Investment (MSI), after the club terminated an agreement giving the rights to any transfer fee for the player during transfer windows. </p>

Tevez's proposed move to United has been complicated by the fact he is still a registered West Ham player.
    </p>

The London club could dig their heels in and refuse to let him move without a fee, which would spark another legal wrangle. </p>

It is more likely however that they will decide the best way to end the whole controversy surrounding the player is to allow him to move on a free transfer, especially given that they did not pay a fee for him last summer.
    </p>

By not throwing a spanner in the works, it could also help West Ham end their legal dispute with Joorabchian which blew up after they unilaterally terminated all third-party agreements with him following Premier League action in April.
    </p>

Given the history surrounding the player, United are certain to go through all the paperwork in minute detail to ensure everything meets Premier League rules.
    </p>

Tevez later played down reports suggesting a move to United is close.
    </p>

"As far as I am aware, I have not received any official offers," Tevez told Argentina national newspaper Clarin. "Once an offer arrives then we will see. But the fact that Real Madrid, Internazionale (Inter Milan) and Manchester United are interested in me makes me proud."
    </p> Tevez added: "If I have to stay at West Ham, it would be fine. I am happy there and people love me very much."

</p>