Marbury- "I don't see it working here for Keith..."

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by sunsfan1357, Sep 11, 2003.

1. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

Marbury- "I don't see it working here for Keith..."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketba...0p-105203c.html

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"In Knick-land, Latrell Sprewell is out and Keith Van Horn is in - in for the shock of his pro basketball life, according to his former Nets teammate, Stephon Marbury. "I don't see it working here for Keith," Marbury said bluntly at the Garden last night before he played in the 11th All-Star Classic to benefit Wheelchair Charities. "It's a whole other world here. "I don't see Keith playing here long. I don't think he'll want to play here long. He's been put in this situation... . The atmosphere and the team is not suitable for him." ' </div>

Thoughts?

2. knicks235

knicks235 JBB JustBBall Member

its true, the atmosphere is not compadable with kvh, although i really hope he can thrive from it right now i think he will be chewed up and spit out of the big apple........

btw,starburry is talkin alot about the knicks ,does he want in? [​IMG]

3. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think the team is a good fit for KVH, but he still is a good player and many people in NYC think he sucks. He still can average 17 points and about 7 rebounds. He can do somethings Spree couldn't but he can't defend as well. I think marbury has always wanted to play in NY.

4. Ice

Ice JBB Member

He belongs in Utah

5. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

Honestly, is there any place where Keith Van Horn can succeed? He wasn't doing all that bad in NJ, but they wanted to free up minutes for RJ. Personally, I think the guy sucks.

Then again, the Knicks suck, so maybe this is the place for him.

6. JWilltheFreak

JWilltheFreak JBB JustBBall Member

When KVH was playing for nets Marbury was a ball huge.

KVH will be a good fit in knicks because they need scoring an that team
    and he is a 3 point thread.

7. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">btw,starburry is talkin alot about the knicks ,does he want in? </div>

Marbury has made it no secret that he still desires to play in New York. In a SLAM interview a while back he said he still wants to play there. His heart and soul is in New York so I don't blame him for wanting to stay there. He isn't letting it effect his playing or anything in Phoenix right now, but I think by the end of his career Marbury will have played in a Knicks jersey.

8. Waneko

Waneko JBB JustBBall Member

Van Horn

The bottom line about this guy is he is overrated, soft and un-assertive. So what if he can average 17 points in a good year. You can't go far in the playoffs with a guy like him because he will choke when the defensive intensity is turned up, like at the end of games or during critical games. That's why he averages something like 10 during the playoffs. A 6-10 guy at the macho forward position should get more than 7 boards a game when he makes that much money. More importantly he should get the tough ones which he doesn't. Instead he gets pushed around a lot under the rim. Those 7 rebounds are finding him for the most part. He can't guard anybody either. So why is he where he is? Because someone's still waiting for him to be the next Larry Bird.

In fact, if Scott Layden weren't one of those guys hoping for him to become Bird, he should pick up the phone and call Bird himself and offer Van Horn for Ron Artest, straight up. Unfortunately Scott Layden hasn't finished with his Leggo set, so we'll just have to wait.

9. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Waneko:</div><div class="quote_post">The bottom line about this guy is he is overrated, soft and un-assertive. So what if he can average 17 points in a good year. You can't go far in the playoffs with a guy like him because he will choke when the defensive intensity is turned up, like at the end of games or during critical games. That's why he averages something like 10 during the playoffs. A 6-10 guy at the macho forward position should get more than 7 boards a game when he makes that much money. More importantly he should get the tough ones which he doesn't. Instead he gets pushed around a lot under the rim. Those 7 rebounds are finding him for the most part. He can't guard anybody either. So why is he where he is? Because someone's still waiting for him to be the next Larry Bird.

In fact, if Scott Layden weren't one of those guys hoping for him to become Bird, he should pick up the phone and call Bird himself and offer Van Horn for Ron Artest, straight up. Unfortunately Scott Layden hasn't finished with his Leggo set, so we'll just have to wait.</div>

Nice post I agree, with parts, but he isn't overrated. Most people say he sucks, which he doesn't, he's no superstar but he is a good player who can be a good second option.