Marc Gasol thinks brother Pau should go to Spurs

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Apr 25, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Chicago Bulls center Pau Gasol will “very likely” opt out of his contract this summer and test the free-agent market. But where will he go?

Surely some team out there could use a seven-footer with Gasol’s experience and ability. After all, he did average 16.5 points and 11 rebounds this season whilst being named an All-Star for the sixth time in his career.

Gasol’s younger brother Marc, who plays for the Memphis Grizzlies, said his advice for big bro would be to go play for the San Antonio Spurs

- See more at: hhttp://thesportsdaily.com/marc-gasol-says-advice-to-brother-pau-gasol-would-be-to-go-to-spurs/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=marc-gasol-says-advice-to-brother-pau-gasol-would-be-to-go-to-spurs

2. kukoc4ever

kukoc4ever Let's win a ring! Staff Member Moderator

As I was going through this the other day the Spurs seemed like a nice landing spot as well.

Other potential options? (i have not looked at their financials)
    Toronto?
    Cleveland?
    Miami?

3. kukoc4ever

kukoc4ever Let's win a ring! Staff Member Moderator

I also think its funny that its a no-brainier he'd be a good fit on multiple championship contenders but the guy that made the all-star team the least two season is huge of the problem behind the Bulls 2015-2016 failure.

And we saw that the Bulls were a #3 seed in the East and were a whisper (and Gasol ankle sprian) away from knocking off Lebron's Cavs, who took the mighty Warriors to six in the Finals last season.

4. _GB

_GB Bulls Fan Staff Member Moderator

One of the best franchises in the league, and a perennial contender?

I wonder how much thought he had to put into that one...

5. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

SA would be an ideal place for him to go. I read recently that rumors are swirling that Durant could wind up there as well.