Marcus Spears

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by BJames1156, Nov 15, 2004.

1. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

When do you think DE Marcus Spears from LSU will be drafted.

2. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

????? its so hard to tell now

3. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BJames1156)</div><div class='quotemain'>When do you think DE Marcus Spears from LSU will be drafted.</div>

Top DEs are usually coveted and go higher than they probably should. Obviously, LSU hasn't been making the noise they did last year, which will probably have a little effect in Spears dropping.

I haven't watched him play much this year yet. Where do you see him at?

4. Bleedblk&gld

Bleedblk&gld The Drive

He'll go in the late first to second round. And late first is pushing it.

5. LSUpackfan

LSUpackfan nfl-*****s member

I think he's a solid first rounder. Size and athleticism...was a TE when brought in, and was a basketball player in HS. He's 6-4 300 or somewhere near that. I'd love to see him in Green and Gold. No character issues at all...good kid.

6. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

Depends on combine. If he has bad combine he could drop as late as 3rd round, if he has good combine top 10. If he skips late first early 2nd

7. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

I think Spears will go top 15. Although the DEF is not as great as last year, they are still ranked 3rd in the nation in overall DEF. Although the DEF is not as spectacular, Spears is the only consistent player. He actually has kicked it up biig time the last few weeks. He should be a finalist for the Bednarik award, and the Lombardi award also. And if LSU continues what they are doing now and wins out (which they will most likely do because that is what Saban does) Spears will look alot better, and may be a definite top 10.

8. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

Top 10 I DONT think so

9. Cowboy71

Like I said, DEs are few and far between in the draft normally, which pushes up their value. I think he is 10-15 if he is the first DE chosen, but there is other DE talent there though. Kiwi from BC is pretty good but a little light. The James kid from Wisconsin is the same too.

I haven't seen a mock yet where he drops out of the first round, but like BF1 says, the combine may dictate a slide with a poor performance.

10. Cowboy71

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giantsfan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Top 10 I DONT think so</div>

I happen to agree with you, but why do you think not.

11. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giantsfan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Top 10 I DONT think so</div>

This is the reason why you dont see any 16 year old NFL GMs. You have no way to know how good he really is. How many times have you seen him play? even if you watched all 11 games he played this year on a broadcast you would not really know how good he is without seeing the coaches tape. Plus, if he is a workout monster after season, and blows away combine he is going top 10. Dont make such stupid statements.

12. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

Well i have been watching Spears his entire LSU career. The only DE i can think of better than Spears might be David Pollack from GA, but i think he is a little overrated. But thats just me. I honestly don't think there is a chance of Spears dropping out of the first round. now Webster may be a different story. He could drop.(Unless he steps up at the end.)

13. LSUpackfan

LSUpackfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BJames1156)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well i have been watching Spears his entire LSU career. The only DE i can think of better than Spears might be David Pollack from GA, but i think he is a little overrated. But thats just me. I honestly don't think there is a chance of Spears dropping out of the first round. now Webster may be a different story. He could drop.(Unless he steps up at the end.)</div>

I think Pollack is overrated, too. Don't ask why, because I don't even know. I think Webster will still be a top pick. He's been injured this year, and even with the injuries, he's mostly playing well. Give him time to heal and he'll get things straightened out. The thing with the LSU defensive guys is they're working in a pro system. Saban runs a similar D as NE does, and look at how NE picked up 2 of Saban's guys last year...they understand their roles. I'm not saying every one of them will be a superstar, but they will be solid in the NFL.

14. Bearsfan1

With all the free publicity that we are giving these players thye will probably go 1-2.

15. Cowboy71

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LSUpackfan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BJames1156)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well i have been watching Spears his entire LSU career. The only DE i can think of better than Spears might be David Pollack from GA, but i think he is a little overrated. But thats just me. I honestly don't think there is a chance of Spears dropping out of the first round. now Webster may be a different story. He could drop.(Unless he steps up at the end.)</div>

I think Pollack is overrated, too. Don't ask why, because I don't even know. I think Webster will still be a top pick. He's been injured this year, and even with the injuries, he's mostly playing well. Give him time to heal and he'll get things straightened out. The thing with the LSU defensive guys is they're working in a pro system. Saban runs a similar D as NE does, and look at how NE picked up 2 of Saban's guys last year...they understand their roles. I'm not saying every one of them will be a superstar, but they will be solid in the NFL.</div>

With the relationship between Belichek and Saban, you can call LSU the minor league team for the Patriots (or if you are from LA, you could call the Patriots the LSU North [​IMG] ), but don't discount the benefit these LSU players have. They could have less talent and may or may not be the best talent long run, but they certainly have a better chance of contributing quickly.

In fact, that seems to fit someone like Belichek perfectly.

16. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

But I don't think Spears will slip for Belichek to scoop him up. Unless the Pats lose the rest of the season.

17. DaBossMoss

DaBossMoss nfl-*****s member