Marines

Discussion in 'Nets OT Forum' started by Dr. Love, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Dr. Love

Dr. Love New Member

hello aagin, ive recently had some interest interest in joining the marines, I would like to challenge myself but I want to know more about the marines. Ive just talked to a recruiter in person and he told me all the good stuff about the marines but I want to know more. Have any of you ever signed up? is it complete hell? some told me its really good and really fun while others tell me its the worst. I'd really appreciate some opinions and insight from you guys. ALso, can i tell a recruiter to wait a couple of months for me to make my decision? I kinda already told him yes today but I wana think this through some more, Im 17 BTW,

2. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

All I know is that in Britain its a proud and noble thing taking 6 months to become one, in America I think you get sent a video and as long as you return it within 6 months your in.

3. NattaNerNuttaMan

NattaNerNuttaMan NattaNerNutta like Spike

Military
    Well, I'm in the Army and have been in for almost 10 years....I have no serious complaints. But we have been getting deployed alot lately....and if you can handle the burden of being away from family for long periods of thime....and can put up with the early totem pole system until you gain rank...it's really not that bad.
    Now with the Marines....I have no idea. All I know when it's all said and done....I would've joined the Air Force instead

4. drexlersdad

drexlersdad SABAS

the marines- where you get to travel to ancient exotic locations and meet interesting and stimulating people in their native culture....and kill them.

5. Ma3oxuct

Ma3oxuct Nets Preview Team

I've never join personally, but I know a friend who has. The Marines hasn't done him any good. He got a major shoulder injury a few weeks into the start of training. Now he's struggling to get the thing repaired because the military hospital didn't help and its not like he has the money or medical insurance to seek some help from a private medical practitioner.

I personally thought about joining the marines when I was in college and struggling with the school work. I thought I didn't have the brains and discipline to figure out all this math and do all these readings, let alone pass exams......lo and behold it ultimately turned out that I did have both the brains and discipline and did quite well in school.

Based on my experiences on others' experiences, I recommend giving the whole school thing a good try. And if you ultimately do not do well in school after 2-3 years, then join the marines and hopefully you won't get seriously injured and come out of the whole thing a better man. Really the big thing the marines will give you is discipline and physical strength, both of which you can gain for yourself by safely training by yourself.