Mark Hunt signs 30-month contract extension, will be one of NZ's highest paid athletes

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Apr 14, 2016.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/04/ufc-he...ew-multi-fight-deal-reportedly-worth-millions

At 42, heavyweight slugger Mark Hunt has inked a new multi-fight deal with the UFC.

The new contract was announced on Wednesday’s new edition of FOX Sports 1’s “UFC Tonight.” Specific terms of the agreement were not revealed.

However, New Zealand’s Stuff.co.nz reported the deal is for six fights over 30 months and is of the “multi-million dollar” variety and will make the Kiwi one of the nation’s “highest-earning athletes.”

Hunt (12-10-1 MMA, 7-4-1 UFC) told Stuff.co.nz that he’s happy with the new deal but told UFC President Dana White financial reward isn’t his only goal for the moment.

“It’s not about the money,” Hunt said. “Of course I had to get paid for my work, but I want that title. Dana gave me a message, and we talked about it. There were some back-and-forth negotiations.

“I think I still deserve a title shot, and in the end, I thought six fights should do it. I’m glad to finish my career at the top end with the UFC. I want to bring the gold Down Under.”

[​IMG]

2. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

War Hunto!

Celtic Fan likes this.
  3. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

W-T-F...... fun fighter and all but good golly this reeks a bit of desperation and a sure sign of just how shallow/bad the HW division is.