Martell Webster Will Likely Miss Opener

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Shapecity, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Martell Webster, who missed the final six exhibition games because of a back injury, took part in bits of practice Sunday, but there's a good chance he will not be ready to play in the Blazers' season opener at Seattle on Wednesday.

"I would keep it at questionable," coach Nate McMillan said.

At one point during a scrimmage portion of practice, Webster came off a screen and shot a three-pointer, then clutched his back in pain.

"It was a little weak," Webster said. "I've got to get muscle memory back. Coming off a screen for a jump shot wasn't comfortable. ... When I make certain movements, I get little pains."

Webster injured the back Oct. 17 against Golden State. He said he has been careful in coming back and has been particularly mindful of stretching and doing a lot of core work.

"It's vital for me," he said. "I've been strengthening my core, getting stronger down there, because this could be something that could cause a lot of trouble down the road. So I'm going to make sure I keep my core tight and strong, so I can prevent another back issue."</div>

Source

2. trailblazerfans

trailblazerfans JBB JustBBall Member

hope this doesnt turn in to a Tmac kinda of problem[​IMG]