Mason Could Jet To Portland Next Summer

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by NJNetz, Sep 12, 2006.

1. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Desmond Mason will become a free agent after this season, and it is a safe bet that he will visit Portland at some point during the next summer.

Fueling speculation is the fact that Mason lives in the Portland area during the offseason.

Mason, who has been working out at the Blazers practice facility, scrimmaging with Blazers and other NBA players, said he doesn't want to think about free agent possibilities until after the season.

"I have always heard rumors out there about me coming to Portland because my wife is from here,'' Mason said Monday. "But right now, I'm staying focused on what is going on in Oklahoma City (where the Hornets are training). But you know, anything is possible. But right now I want to help my team get to the playoffs because we were so close last year.</div>
    Source

2. asdf

asdf JBB JustBBall Member

Mason would definitely be a nice pick up for the Blazers in the off-season... A Miles (assuming he stays in Portland and changes his act, which is highly unlikely) and Mason tandem would be interesting from a highlight reel persepective.