McMillan Not Impressed at Tyrus Workout

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Shapecity, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Blazers president Steve Patterson informs me today that the Blazers attended a workout today in Orlando with Louisiana State forward Tyrus Thomas. Also in attendance: Golden State and Toronto.

"Watched a pretty good workout,'' Patterson said.

Coach Nate McMillan was less enthusiastic about the workout, saying he couldn't gauge much by watching a guy shoot jumpers within his range with nobody guarding him.

Thomas will workout again for the Blazers on June 20. He will not work out against any competition, much like Texas big man LaMarcus Aldridge has requested.

As I said earlier today on the chat, Toronto GM Bryan Colangelo was busy again today, stopping to have a chat with Boston GM Danny Ainge after the first scrimmage. The word around the pre-draft camp is that Toronto is more than willing to deal the top pick, probably in search of a point guard.</div>

Source

2. On_The_Rim29

On_The_Rim29 JBB JustBBall Member

I'd take McMillian's word over Patterson's at this point. McMillian has been the only good thing to happen to this franchise lately, and I'd trust his judgement.

3. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

in this Article (http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1336) Thomas says that he can dribble and has an Small forwards game.

If so why not show off your skills so you can be put in a situation that you want to be in. He wants to play small but we all have seen him as a pf/ center at Lsu. Just play against a defender, talk is cheap. dont talk about being a small show us your a small. Until then your a undersized bigman.

P.S Thomas stop talking like an ass.

4. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

Tyrus Thomas is a certified bust. I wouldnt pick him until the second round.