Mets close to acquiring Danys Baez

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rex Grossman 8, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Mets are close to acquiring Danys Baez from the Rays for a package headed by Jae Seo or Aaron Heilman, according to the New York Post.Heilman alone is too much to give up for Baez, but if the Mets could get him in exchange for Jae Seo and fellow right-hander Brian Bannister, that wouldn't be bad. Lastings Milledge won't be a part of this. If the Rays trade Baez, Chad Orvella would take over as the favorite for saves, though Shinji Mori could also be a factor.</div>http://www.rotoworld.com/includes/topblurbs.asp?sport=MLB

2. ST34LTH

ST34LTH NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Who cares? Baez sucks.

3. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Elevation @ Dec 30 2005, 03:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Who cares? Baez sucks.</div>Actually people do.

4. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Oh yes, because an 2.86 ERA and 41 saves must suck. I think he would be one hell of a setup man for Billy Wagner. Why the hate for the Mets? I honestly dont understand.

5. NFLCChosen One

NFLCChosen One NFLC nflcentral.net Member

HAHA, I agree with Derek.

6. ST34LTH

ST34LTH NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Guys, i was kidding about the Who Cares part, but I was not with the he sucks part. I hate the Mets, cuz I like the Yankees, duh :PThe year before that he had an ERA of 3.57. I just dont think he is that great. oh well.

7. ortiz34

ortiz34 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stealth @ Dec 30 2005, 07:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Guys, i was kidding about the Who Cares part, but I was not with the he sucks part. I hate the Mets, cuz I like the Yankees, duh :PThe year before that he had an ERA of 3.57. I just dont think he is that great. oh well.</div> What are you talking about he's not good? He's a great young closer....well now set-up. He had 41 saves for one of the worst teams in the leauge. That says a lot. I think this really solidifies the pitching of the Mets. Great aquisition.

8. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Mets are all-star happy right now. They'll go out and get anyone.

9. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Jan 1 2006, 09:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mets are all-star happy right now. They'll go out and get anyone.</div> Not really.... [​IMG] But if the right offer comes around for someone who can help our club, then why not.

10. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

If they hear anyone might get traded they'll put an offer in.

11. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Jan 2 2006, 01:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>If they hear anyone might get traded they'll put an offer in.</div> Not really...Minaya will make a call or 2 of interest just to see what a teams asking price is, The once in a while that the asking price is just about right like Carlos Delgado he will go out there and pull the trigger before the price does go up, but if the asking price is way to high he will either wait for it to drop (ie: Ramirez) or just stop chasing them completly (ie: Soriano). I dont see how making a call or two of interest is a bad thing, it just means that the GM likes to explore all options, which then gets blown way out of porportion by the New York media.