Miami Heat vs New Jersey Nets

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by Wade3, May 5, 2006.

1. Wade3

Wade3 BBW Elite Member

Discuss the series here. My guess is Miami in 6 with Shaq having huge games.

2. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

Yes. New Jersey looked inconsistent and unimpressive in their first round series. Miami on the other hand, when Shaq was not in foul trouble, was 4-0. I think it's clear Shaq is still their MVP. When Wade was asked to be their guy (2 games) they lost both. When he and Shaq shared, or Shaq carried them, the Heat were 4-0

3. nykfan4life

nykfan4life BBW Elite Member

miami in 6. :rock: :rock: peace overrated new jersey.

4. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

All I know is that this thread will have some heated discussions in it. All those "who would win in a seven-game series" threads pitting these two teams together will finally be worth something.Anyway, I really don't know who to choose. Miami's key is to keep Shaq out of foul trouble. New Jersey had the Heat's number in the regular season, with Vince Carter averaging about 38 points a game against Miami. However, I just don't know who will come out on top.I can definitely see this going seven games.

5. Heatfan32

Heatfan32 BBW Elite Member

This is why I believe teams should be built around centers,in order to win they need to keep Shaq out of foul trouble,make sure they don't get into any arguements/chemistry problems and try to contain VC.

6. LightsOut

LightsOut BBW Elite Member

I'll say Heat in 5.

7. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

Heat in 6. The Nets are good but not good enough to beat the Heat.

8. jkidd51524

jkidd51524 BBW Elite Member

The underdog like usuall. I like it.

9. Wade3

Wade3 BBW Elite Member

If I were the Nets I would drive the ball alot in the the first just to get shaq 3 fouls or so. That would be the easiest thing for them.

10. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

I don't want to sound negitive or anything but this is the team that swept us in the playoffs last year. Not only have they added players, they are going underrated in this series. The ESPN analysts have Nets winning in 6 or 7.I know last year was different. Krstic has matured into a proven starter, Jefferson is fully healed and Collins has stopped Shaq this entire year. But on the other side, PAyton is looking for his ring and Shaq who can be dominating anytime he wants, also wants to prove that he can win one. Their bench also is full of talent while ours can turn on the heat but mostly stays cold against other teams.But the reason why I won't be dissipointed?This is where we were supouse to finish. Anything above this is bonus. The scouts said "Even with SAR, the highest Nets will finish is 3rd." We are here now and we are motivated to win but being realistic, it will be a tough battle and I will be there on that uphill climb right beside my team. I believe but if we happen to loose, I will stand with my head up and proudly say we had a great run this season.

11. DaCaliHustla50

DaCaliHustla50 BBW Elite Member

I'm for the Nets because the Heat have been having problems lately. I see them winning in 7 because even with all the problems the Heat are still a good team with Shaq and Wade. It will be a tough series for both teams. Give the ball to Nenad to get Shaq in foul trouble early

12. Wade3

Wade3 BBW Elite Member

Shaq would get more fouls if Carter and Jefferson drove the lane instead of giving the ball to Kristic.

13. MVPBaller

MVPBaller BBW Elite Member

The Nets pull the upset! :rock: :nasty:

14. Sham

Sham BBW Member

The Nets are playing a lot better than they did last season so I'm guessing this is going to be a long one.

15. anypoint

anypoint BBW Member

Interesting article I digged up:<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Nets say goodbye to Johnson, but Wade's coming nextBY MITCH LAWRENCENew York Daily NewsINDIANAPOLIS - Having survived Anthony Johnson - which have to be the strangest four words to ever begin a column about the NBA playoffs - the Nets now get to put their shaky perimeter defense up against Dwyane Wade.Wade owned the Nets last spring, when Miami swept Vince Carter and Jason Kidd right into summer vacation. He flew by them and over them and blew past them on the baseline. When all was said and done, he got the Heat to the second round as Shaquille O'Neal limped around on a bad thigh in all four games.Now it's a year later, and the Nets' chief defensive weakness again has been exposed. This time by a career backup guard who had the series of his life, outplaying a first-ballot Hall of Famer.With the Nets trying to close out a first-round series that shouldn't have been this close, Johnson shot like an old Pacer guard, Reggie Miller. But even making 16 of 23 shots and hitting for a career-high 40 points weren't enough as the Nets squeaked by the depleted Pacers, 96-90, on Thursday night.The former Nets reserve, who dominated Jason Kidd for the better part of six games, called his night "bittersweet." The only thing that ruined it was that he didn't deliver a win and get the Pacers back to the Meadowlands for Game 7 on Saturday."I had never scored as many as 30 points in any type of organized game before tonight," Johnson said. "I just stepped up and tried to carry the team."At least he tried. Johnson was game, but he had little help from Jermaine O'Neal, who again did not rise to the occasion in the playoffs, or the Pacers' usual array of backups, thrust into starting roles. Again, they were without Peja Stojakovic, Jeff Foster and Jamaal Tinsley - three starters. In the four games they were without Stojakovic, their only other proven playoff scorer besides O'Neal, they were 0-4. For the series, Stojakovic didn't even make one three-pointer.Johnson's stellar play and the Pacers' war of attrition was the story of this series. The first was shocking. The second was not. Indiana has been playing shorthanded for the better part of two years. That they got this far is a testament to Rick Carlisle's coaching, although there are people around the team who think Carlisle might be the first to go in a summer-long house-cleaning.If this was his swan song, Carlisle was as resourceful as ever. In the morning shootaround, he called on a member of his video department to get on the floor so that his team could practice five-on-five.From the start Thursday night, Carlisle had the benefit of having the best player on the floor. The Nets have the Big Three. But Johnson was every bit as good as Miller on his best night. He went at, and right by, Kidd time and again. That told you more about Kidd's slippage from the ranks of the elite than anything else.Johnson didn't mind taking matters into his own hands although he did admit, "Sometimes, when you put your neck on the line, it gets chopped off."For the series, he outscored Kidd, 120-48. That's no misprint. But if he can do that, just imagine what Wade will do. To refresh your memory, he twice went for more than 30 points against the Nets in the 2005 playoffs, averaging 26 ppg and shooting a blistering 58 percent. Defense will have to carry the Nets. That is their blueprint, even when Vince Carter is at his best, scoring. But who is going to guard Wade?It can't be Kidd, who never looked older than he did in this series. He had his best moments in the third quarter last night, when he gave the Nets a 12-minute show from back when he was dominating postseason games in 2002 and 2003. After getting outscored by Johnson 19-0 in the first half, Kidd came out and hit two big three-pointers to start a Nets surge. He mixed in two big assists to Richard Jefferson. He chased down loose balls to give the Nets extra possessions.But he never could stop Johnson, who went for 15 in the fourth quarter and pulled the Pacers to within two with a three-pointer with 56 seconds left."After Game 5, I saw him going out to the bus and he told me he's going for 40," Kidd said. "We both kind of laughed."There is no laughter in the Nets' headquarters today. Anthony Johnson humiliated them for six games.Now they get Dwyane Wade.</div>A lot of fear for NJ's perimeter defense...

16. LightsOut

LightsOut BBW Elite Member

^Great point. Wade should finally be able to have a breakout series. He really struggled aginst a very good Bulls perimeter defense as he did during the regular season, but now I'm confident he'll be able to return to his superstar talent against a weaker perimiter defense like the Nets.

17. MVPBaller

Carter makes the layup and 1!8-2 Nets :rock:Offensive foul on Shaq!12-2 Nets!TO heat! :dribble: :rock:15-5 Nets! We are flaming right now! :dribble: :happy0144:Richard Jefferson with 11 pointsShaq is in foul trouble already! :nasty:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Where are the Nets? :dunno: [​IMG]

18. DaCaliHustla50

DaCaliHustla50 BBW Elite Member

Nets dominating early, because they're controlling the tempoEdit: it's 48 to 31

19. MVPBaller

Come on Nets! :happy0144: :dribble:

20. Heatfan32

Heatfan32 BBW Elite Member

Wade is the only one producing,foul trouble as usual,fouls are probably our biggest problem.