Michael Redd - surprising?

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by starman85, Dec 10, 2003.

1. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

Wow! I know this will probably get moved to the Bucks forum eventually, but since Michael Redd is burning just about every team out there, I figured it should go here first. The guy just got off a seven game stretch where he had 26, 20, 23, 26, 25, 24 and 28 points, for an average of almost 24.5 ppg. He really hasn't had any really bad games for the Bucks, and the season numbers(over 22 ppg) he has are more than what Ray Allen last did when he was here. So are the Bucks really missing Ray? The bench scoring role that Redd had during Ray's stay has been taken by Des Mason, so they really don't appear to be hurting there.

I think the bigger question is, is anyone surprised? When the Bucks lost Allen and then Payton, I think most assumed Redd would fill in the gap as much as possible. But I think this is above most people's expectations: in a season where overall scoring is way down, Redd has stepped up his production by over 7 ppg, and has gone a step further in putting himself among the game's elite shooters.

So that's what I want to know: is anyone surprised by what Redd has done, and if not, why? And do you think he can keep up this production all season?

2. Drew Gooden

Drew Gooden JBB Banned Member

I'm not suprised because Michael Redd is so explosive on offense. Dont forget that last year he averaged 15 ppg off the bench............ Michael Redd will probably stay at 20 ppg during the season. Does anyone think Redd can be an allstar?

3. ~Fatality~

~Fatality~ JBB JustBBall Member

Michael always had the talent to shoot the ball, and shoot it well. Hes one of the best shooters in the game right now.

4. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Redd is not surprising me at all. He's got such a great jump shot that I think he's bound to be a great player. He's gonna be one of the better Eastern Conference guards in the years to come.

5. Ice

Ice JBB Member

Surprising? No not really.

The Bucks have lost so much over the years that Michael Redd needed to step up. He has the talent and ability to do so, its nice to finally see him succeed. Since given the starting role his numbers are up by about 7 points. Again, great to see him do well.

Do they miss Ray Allen? What team wouldn't? He's a great player and any team would feel the loss if he left.

6. MVPlaya

MVPlaya JBB Banned Member

Not surprising, but more than what I expected from him...

7. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, didn't even notice he was putting up those kind of numbers. I knew whenever Ray Allen was moved, he would fit in the starting lineup, I didn't know he would do this good, but I knew he had the ability to put up a good amount a points every game, one of the best shooters in the NBA.