Michael Vick to former Eagles teammate LeSean McCoy: 'Don't take things so personally'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by truebluefan, Jun 29, 2015.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Michael Vick's always been that big brother figure to former Eagles teammate LeSean McCoy. When they were teammates in Philadelphia for five seasons, Vick regularly imparted his life experience on the younger McCoy, who idolized the electric quarterback when he first entered the league.

Even though McCoy's now a veteran with six years of NFL experience, nothing has changed. Vick's still dishing the advice in that direction.

The unemployed quarterback saw McCoy recently at former teammate DeSean Jackson's charity event in Washington, D.C., and tried to help the Pro Bowl running back after he created a firestorm with comments inferring that Eagles coach Chip Kelly was racist.

"I try to give my little piece of advice that I can offer him. He's his own man. He has his own feelings and emotions. So I can't interfere with that," Vick said Monday at Ron Jaworski's Celebrity Golf Challenge at Blue Heron Pines. "The only thing I try to tell him is stay positive, don't expose yourself so much. You're still blessed to be playing in the NFL, a great league, and don't take things so personal. Your life is great on and off the field. Keep it that way."

McCoy was traded by Kelly and the Eagles this offseason to the Buffalo Bills. It didn't go over well with McCoy.

The outspoken running back's comments have left everyone in and around the Eagles organization answering questions that have nothing to do with football.

- See more at: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/06/michael_vick_to_former_eagles_teammate_lesean_mcco.html