Mike williams stock has went up.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bucs40etrain, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

From tampa tribune

TAMPA - Former University of Southern California wide receiver and Plant High product Mike Williams may have solidified himself as a top-10 pick in the upcoming NFL Draft with Thursday's workout at the University of South Florida.
    Williams (6-foot-4 5/8, 228 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds with the wind and 4.52 against it. He had a vertical leap of 37 1/2 inches.

NFL officials praised the performance.

``Mike did great. It's a hard thing for him to be the center of attention, to have to be a guy who everybody's eyes are on, but he did a nice job. He handled it well,'' said former Bucs General Manager Rich McKay, whose Atlanta team holds the No. 8 pick.

``He ran well and caught the ball well. He was nervous, but he did a nice job. He has size, competitiveness and productivity.''

At USC, Williams had 176 receptions for 2,579 yards and a school-record 30 touchdowns in two seasons. In addition, the All-American had 12 100-yard receiving games and averaged a touchdown every 6.1 times he touched the ball.

Last season, Williams had 95 catches for 1,314 yards and a school-record 16 touchdowns in leading the Trojans to a co-national championship.

``Today was important, because you want to know a lot more about a young guy,'' said Arizona coach Dennis Green, whose team holds the No. 3 pick.

``Show me a guy who loves the game of football and his athletic ability. Then he can play in the NFL for a long time. Mike's performances always showed he loved the game, and then it just was about getting to visit him for a little bit.''

Bucstrain's view:
    i think he earned a top 10 spot, i wouldnt be shocked
    if al davis drafted him. We all know al davis loves former
    trojans, and he loves former wolverines as well.

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

i definately think he has proved that he is a quality player, however his time is slower than roy williams which means al davis would rather have him because he loves to stretch the field. Larry fitzgerald time was similar but he is a bit higher profile coming out so i think he will go before williams. Then teams looking for something other than WR because of the depth in this draft might cause him to fall as low as 12th to the jets, but more likely 8th to atlanta

3. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

I agree bearsfan i do think williams will go somewhere
    after roy and larry, i wouldnt be shocked to see roy
    end up first of the wrs taken. I think chad difinetly
    needs more help at wr, santana moss has potential
    but i noticed when teams really focus on him he
    is normal. They really couldnt rely on chrebet who
    may not be back and i beleive conway is gone.

Im excited about the draft i cant wait. Its what i
    call christmas in april.

4. Bearsfan1

Christmas in april hmm? well i dont know that christmas can compete with the draft but it would be a close 2nd [​IMG]

5. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I think Williams stock has actually gone down...the TSN Draft guide had him going #2 overall to the Raiders, something that still might happen....as for the statement that the draft is Christmas in april, I cant agree more....its my christmas for sure....atleast it is to me what Christmas is for most of the country, a time to get a lot without giving anything, Ill celebrate Christs conception in December, but I celebrate the NFL seasons birth in April, its the weekend I most look forward too all year....

6. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

speaking of draft weekend.....where exactly are you from Bucs? BF1 and I are having a little draft party on Saturday and Sunday and your welcome to come if your close enough....actually thats an open invite to anyone on this board who wants to show up and watch the draft and play some Madden, but I figured you might be in central FL already.....

7. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>speaking of draft weekend.....where exactly are you from Bucs? BF1 and I are having a little draft party on Saturday and Sunday and your welcome to come if your close enough....actually thats an open invite to anyone on this board who wants to show up and watch the draft and play some Madden, but I figured you might be in central FL already.....</div>

I'd love to crash your little fiesta but its one heckuva road trip.

I plan on being logged into this website as to give all my thoughts. Is it possible to get a chat room (somewhere) going like we did for the fantasy draft. I can guaratee ours will be much more useful than the same tired cliches Berman & Kiper peddle year after year.

8. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Adder, if you can get here, you got a place to stay for free....and from my house, you can be at Disney in an hour, Cocoa Beach in 20 minutes, Daytona Beach in 50 minutes, or into the Indian River Lagoon within 10 minutes

9. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Man, sounds like a blast. I wish I could be watching with you guys.

10. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

Sounds like fun, wish I was a little closer that weekend. I can't even do the chat room thing, I have a wedding that day to attend... I'm going to have to call for the updates.... BOO!

11. Bearsfan1

SF sounds like you need to reset your priorities, a wedding?? [​IMG]

12. Glenso1188

Glenso1188 nfl-*****s member

I feel your pain steelerfan, since I found out a couple weeks ago I have a tournament few states away in Vermont. So send those updates in my direction as well.

13. Bearsfan1

well it looks like it is just myself and the beef chilling on draft day.

14. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I guess so...Itwill be difficult to enjoy the 3 TVs(one on the draft. one on the Cubs. and the other dedicated to Madden2004) and all the food and drink by ourselves, but we will get by...

15. Steelerfan_2005

That's just cruel and unusual punishment Beef.... I didn't need to hear that...

16. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>speaking of draft weekend.....where exactly are you from Bucs? BF1 and I are having a little draft party on Saturday and Sunday and your welcome to come if your close enough....actually thats an open invite to anyone on this board who wants to show up and watch the draft and play some Madden, but I figured you might be in central FL already.....</div>

Beef and bears,

Thanks for the invite, with my business i travel alot.
    I live in both michigan and fl during the year. I try and
    get to my place in fl when i have the time. Siesta keys
    and clarkston michigan. Currently im in michigan where
    i have been for 6 months trying to bust ass to get some
    free time in my pad down there. I appreciate the invite
    and i may have to take ya up on that some other time.

17. Steelerfan_2005

Sounds great and like a lot of work... I might be in Florida in July and will have to look you Floridians up...