Miles, Z-Bo Left Off Blazer Ads

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Shapecity, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Remember that Darius Miles interview at the end of last season, which included Miles pointing out that his not having a bobblehead was evidence that the team chose not to promote him?

Well, I wonder what he and buddy Z-Bo are going to think about the Blazers latest ticket promotion.

Boomer, a longtime reader, points out that he received in the mail a ticket promotion from the Blazers, which includes a 'Pick-6' offer in which fans can pick six games to attend. Alongside the promotion are pictures of Blazers coach Nate McMillan, and NBA stars Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Dwyane Wade, Dirk Nowitzki, LeBron James and Steve Nash.

Inside, are pictures of Blazers Jarrett Jack, Martell Webster, Joel Przybilla and Brandon Roy - four wholesome, young and talented players.

But there were no pictures of Miles. No pictures of Zach Randolph.

Why?

Perhaps the team wasn't confident one, or both, would still be on the team by the time the fliers hit public. Maybe the team was making a moral statement, choosing not to promote two guys who blatantly bailed on the team last season. Or maybe the team felt paying them a combined $132 million is promotion enough.

Either way, it was a bold statement, and don't think for a second that it won't be noticed by Miles and Randolph. Players are hyper-sensitive about these issues (as Miles proved in his April interview). Players note throughout the season about whose image is on which game ticket, or who is promoted on the big screen more during games, etc. It's a status symbol for them.

The ticket brochure diss shouldn't come as a surprise, however. As anybody who lives in Portland can note, the billboards and bus advertisements around town feature Martell Webster and Jarrett Jack. There is zero images of Z-Bo and Miles.

Looks like Patterson & Co. are finally listening to what people of Portland have been screaming.</div>

Source

2. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

That's quite a burn. I thought Z-Bo was thier franchise player.

DOUBLE BURNN!!!

Wow, that's cold.

3. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

During the draft it was clear that those two weren't a part of the Blazers' future plans. Drafting Aldridge (power forward), and Roy (small forward) were their replacements. Despite their talent, those two have the tendency to cause off-court drama and Portland is still trying to change their "Jail Blazer" image.

4. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

As much as i like ZBo and Miles I wouldn't mind to see them traded. And it seems a long time coming like the article said "Looks like Patterson & Co. are finally listening to what people of Portland have been screaming"

5. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

It doesn't make sense to do this now, while they're still a part of the team. It could very well lead to the type of distraction and embarrassment that they've tried to eliminate for their fanbase. I understand the reasoning behind it, but it just looks like the potential harm far outweighs the positive.

6. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

I wonder how they plan on moving Zach Randolph's contract? Maybe NY would want him?

7. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Junoon:</div><div class="quote_post">That's quite a burn. I thought Z-Bo was thier franchise player.

DOUBLE BURNN!!!

Wow, that's cold.</div>
    Oh. Burn City!