Milwaukee, Portland Discussing Magloire Deal.

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Billups, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Billups

Billups BBW Member

FAN 1080 - Ian Furness, a host for Portland's FAN 1080 is reporting a proposed deal where the Blazers would send Steve Blake, Brian Skinner and Ha Seung-Jin to Milwaukee for Jamaal Magloire.

2. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

This would be nice for the Portland. They need to trim down their roster. They could just rent Magloire for a year. This is also nice for the Bucks, although I am sure they would rather get something younger to develop in return. They need some backcourt depth, which Blake can provide and he is underrated. Skinner helps to toughen up the frontcourt, while Ha keeps the bench warm. They are all expiring contracts(I assume the Bucks wouldn't pickup Skinners 6 mill option). Solid for both teams. The Bucks can just draft for depth in this years deep draft. Nice move for both teams.

3. Fabolous

Fabolous BBW Elite Member

Portland is reluctant to give up Steve Blake, their starting point guard. Although i really like this trade for Milwaukee, Brian Skinner is a quality center who rebounds, block shots, hustles and plays defense, a good way to replace Magloire. He doesn't have an ego problem so he wouldnt mind playing behind guys like Bogut. Skinner tends to be a fan favorite. I think this will create a Milwaukee like situation with Aldrige who will have to play behind Magloire, like Bogut. The winner of this trade would be the Bucks.

4. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fabolous @ Jul 29 2006, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Portland is reluctant to give up Steve Blake, their starting point guard. Although i really like this trade for Milwaukee, Brian Skinner is a quality center who rebounds, block shots, hustles and plays defense, a good way to replace Magloire. He doesn't have an ego problem so he wouldnt mind playing behind guys like Bogut. Skinner tends to be a fan favorite. I think this will create a Milwaukee like situation with Aldrige who will have to play behind Magloire, like Bogut. The winner of this trade would be the Bucks.</div>Aldridge isn't a center. Aldridge will most likely not start(barring a ZBo trade) and it has nothing to do with this trade. The question who starts, Ghost Face or Magloire? Throw in Raef too he should get some minutes at the 4/5.

5. Sean.ivity

Sean.ivity Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Photographer / Videographer
    Randolph will start aldridge will be playing behind all of them this year, at least thats what the blazers said.....lol

6. Sham

Sham BBW Member

It seems as though this POR team wants to focus on the interior game instead of everything else.

7. Sean.ivity

Sean.ivity Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Photographer / Videographer
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sham @ Aug 2 2006, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It seems as though this POR team wants to focus on the interior game instead of everything else.</div>well last year there was times when they had Kryapa startign center, they dont want that to happen again.......lol