MLS Offseason

Discussion in 'Americas' started by acdc, Feb 10, 2008.

1. acdc

acdc New Member

Well, We've already seen a number of moves. DC has aquired Gallardo, Gomez was signed by the Rapids, Mathis went to LA, and Davino signed with FC Dallas. Do you guys think there will be any more offseason moves? Blockbuster signings?

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I'm sure Mo Johnston's got something up his sleeve. It seemed like that dude was making a move every other week last season. And, surprisingly, he came out of South America empty handed.

btw, Welcome to S2 acdc! I'm not all that knowledgable about the MLS but I'm sure our group of football posters should have something to say.

3. acdc

acdc New Member

thanks man. see you around [​IMG]

4. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Welcome to S2 acdc.

Great to have an MLS fan here.

Do you follow the other leagues? (if so, what are your favorite teams)

5. Brand New

Brand New so wavy

Cardozo To Chivas USA.

How come theres no MLS forum here?

6. acdc

acdc New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing @ Feb 10 2008, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Welcome to S2 acdc.

Great to have an MLS fan here.

Do you follow the other leagues? (if so, what are your favorite teams)</div>

Thanks. Huge NBA fan. my fav team is the Bulls. But its not a good year to be a fan of them.

And as for Cardozo To Chivas USA. I havent heard that one yet. Did he already sign with them?

7. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

Havn't heard of any but hope they are maybe the MLS can be the next spanish league or italian or even english

8. agoo

agoo Member

Clint Mathis is playing in Greece.

A lot of the deals that have happened have been players leaving MLS. Pat Noonan, Nate Jaqua, Andy Dorman, Joseph Ngwenya, Chris Gbandi, Matt Pickens and others are all gone. Brad Guzan is likely out in the summer, along with Jozy Altidore.

I was looking at MLS Rumors (a blog, I'll link when I find it) that had Luis Figo going to New England. That makes sense as there is a large Portugese population in the greater Boston and Providence area. I'm sure it would also help push Mike Videira sign with the MLS and New England. Other moves that make sense for the Revs would be signing a Brazilian and an Asian player, simply to tap into growing markets in the area. Of course, the Revs are beyond reluctant to spend any money at all on anything, so that's really all a pipe dream.

DC United have been the major movers with Marcello Galardo and dealing for another designated player spot. I'm sure there will be a flashy signing or two once teams start getting relegated and can't afford expensive backups.

9. acdc

acdc New Member

There's pretty much been a lot of talk about Figo going to the MLS. But I think that's a long shot right now. The last few weeks really has been great for all teams because lots of acquisitions from South American and Europe as well.

10. Millard Fillmore

Millard Fillmore New Member

MLS is the worst league ever. It's not even worth discussing.

11. man_u_barmy_army

yea it is we football heros want the game to affect america in the way it affected all of us (apart from you of course)

12. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

worst league or not, it's slowly gaining steam and providing a better level of soccer to support on this side of the globe compared to what was here before.

13. man_u_barmy_army

yea incresase the level of football in America

14. Mixx

Mixx JBB JustBBall Member

Construction
    I live in America, I'm full blooded European and where I live some people don't even know what football is they are like.... oh football yeah were you tackle and throw the ball, so yeah. Football should keep on increasing over here and I hope more European supergiants come here and play the MLS teams so Americans can see what True Football real is and how beautiful it is.