Monta on Jim Rome AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Warriorfansnc93, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

He will be on the show today that is on right now!!!

He said "a player who hit his first game winning buzzer beater, Monta Ellis".

I wonder if Rome is going to mention what happened last time he was on![​IMG]

2. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Just caught the last minute or so of it. Seemed like all the other interviews I've heard with him before except hes more articulate now and not such a terrible interview, but content is the same.

3. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    Just saw it. He made it through without getting pied.

4. Warriorfansnc93

The kid is from Mississippi, has a HS education and is an athlete. I dont expect him to be too articulate. He has not had the PR experience of a typical big time college athlete. I love the kids attitude though...

5. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

I didn't watch it but I'm sure it was boring... lol.

6. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The kid is from Mississippi, has a HS education and is an athlete. I dont expect him to be too articulate. He has not had the PR experience of a typical big time college athlete. I love the kids attitude though...</div>

Good point, and the area in Mississippi, Georgetown, happens to have the worst school system in America. I've been to that neighborhood for AAU games before and was scared to walk alone. It's a rough area, and in comparison to most of his old neighbors, Monta's very articulate.

7. Warriorfansnc93

Oh yeah, the kid has his head on straight and it would not suprise me if he was an honor student, but the kid is not going to be writing a dissertation any time soon...

8. hipokrat_x(LV)

hipokrat_x(LV) JBB JustBBall Member

9. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

^^^Wow, its hard listening to that interview.

10. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I agree with Ellis on KNBR about the trade. It was an even trade for both teams. It just feels like we score a lot more and steal the ball, but we seem to rebound a lot less and give up the rock sooner. Too many 3-point jacks, few interior stops down the middle, and lack of go-to inside scoring still remains the same. But we're either quicker, smaller, more athletic when we do it.

Unlike Murphy or Dunleavy, we got guys that want to be here and won't worry about stats.

11. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">

Unlike Murphy or Dunleavy, we got guys that want to be here and won't worry about stats.</div>

http://www.justbball.com/forums/showthread...9748#post759748

Read this interview Murphy had while with the Pacers... makes me sick and happy. Happy that he's not here anymore.

12. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">http://www.justbball.com/forums/showthread...9748#post759748

Read this interview Murphy had while with the Pacers... makes me sick and happy. Happy that he's not here anymore.</div>

I loved this part:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> Darrell Armstrong, who played against Murphy frequently the past three seasons in the Western Conference, describes him as "almost a Dirk Nowitzki-type shooter."</div>

Oh yeah, totally. Murphy is totally like Dirk. He should have made the all-star team this year, too.

Murphy for MVP!

[​IMG]