More bad calls

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Glenso1188, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Glenso1188

Glenso1188 nfl-*****s member

I dont understand how you can not call the late hit out of bounds on tiki. Then to top it off they get the giants for roughing the passer on the steelers next drive. Very questionable, no way should that flag had been thrown. Which eventually set up the TD, huge swing right there. And jerome bettis is fat....

2. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

i have to give the Giants a lot of credit for staying in that game Eli did great maybe this is a glimpse of things to come

3. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

Finally saw Big Ben play, was not impressed, the only good throws he made were when he broke pocket and lobbed up lucky passes over teh defense. He made super slow decision despite the fact recievers were open all over the field.

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

Im disipointed they lost but still am glad they did good offensively. The tiki penalty really pissed me off.

5. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

I didn't see the whole game, but I was still impressed by Ben. He did lead the game winning drive and made the throws he needed to. I certainly would not mind seeing him play some more.

Unfortunately, I really only saw Manning throw that last INT, which wasn't his fault.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to watch Big Ben in the playoffs.

6. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

It wasn't one of Ben's better efforts even though he did finally break the 300 yard mark. Without Burress to balance Ward, he's not going to be able to throw the ball down the field that much.

And I have a feeling you'll all get to see quite a bit of him in the playoffs.

7. Bearsfan1

I predict, one and done. Sorry but i think it will be san diego or indy, and i would not pick steelers in either game even at home.

8. Steelerfan_2005

If they get no one back healthy, I might agree with you, but if they get Burress, Staley, and Haggans back healthy, I think they'll go all the way.

You forget that this is the same team that whipped New England & Philly at home. If they play at home throughout, they will do some damage.

9. Steelerfan_2005

What people don't know about Ben....

"What it (Offensive Pass Rankings) does not take into account is Roethlisberger's average gain (8.40) per attempt, which ranks second only to Peyton Manning (9.38) in the AFC. That is an indication Roethlisberger, who also has the AFC's second-best completion percentage (66.1), is not dinking and dunking the ball to his receivers."

10. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2004)</div><div class='quotemain'>What people don't know about Ben....

"What it (Offensive Pass Rankings) does not take into account is Roethlisberger's average gain (8.40) per attempt, which ranks second only to Peyton Manning (9.38) in the AFC. That is an indication Roethlisberger, who also has the AFC's second-best completion percentage (66.1), is not dinking and dunking the ball to his receivers."</div>

Qb rating system does take that into account. Completion percentage is 1/4th of formula, YPA is 1/4, Td and int % are also 1/4 each.

11. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2004)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    You forget that this is the same team that whipped New England & Philly at home. If they play at home throughout, they will do some damage.</div>

Did you forget that niether of those teams had their starting RBs for those games?

12. Steelerfan_2005

I didn't realize that Dillon and Westbrook carried their teams... thanks for the heads up. All along I thought Brady and McNabb & Owens were the guys....

I guess we probably would have lost both....

13. Steelerfan_2005

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2004)</div><div class='quotemain'>What people don't know about Ben....

"What it (Offensive Pass Rankings) does not take into account is Roethlisberger's average gain (8.40) per attempt, which ranks second only to Peyton Manning (9.38) in the AFC. That is an indication Roethlisberger, who also has the AFC's second-best completion percentage (66.1), is not dinking and dunking the ball to his receivers."</div>

Qb rating system does take that into account. Completion percentage is 1/4th of formula, YPA is 1/4, Td and int % are also 1/4 each.</div>

I was talking about Total Offensive Pass rankings (Team). But if you want to talk about Ben's QB rating, I believe it's top 3 or at least top 5.

14. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2004)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2004)</div><div class='quotemain'>What people don't know about Ben....

Qb rating system does take that into account. Completion percentage is 1/4th of formula, YPA is 1/4, Td and int % are also 1/4 each.</div>

I was talking about Total Offensive Pass rankings (Team). But if you want to talk about Ben's QB rating, I believe it's top 3 or at least top 5.</div>

Just was saying what I saw. He looked tenative, slow to make reads, and super-lucky