More Good News For The Cavs

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by BigTMacFan, Mar 12, 2003.

1. BigTMacFan

BigTMacFan JBB JustBBall Member

From The Cleveland Plain Dealer by Roger Brown

The biggie:
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">There are rising whispers around Gund Arena that Cavs forward Darius Miles, a big disappointment since being acquired from the Los Angeles Clippers, will try to force a trade during the off-season. </div>

Followed by:
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Rumor has it Cavs General Manager Jim Paxson got a mixed reception, at best, when he spoke recently to season-ticket holders.

Reportedly, Paxson got worked over by one unhappy Cavs fan, who grilled the GM on everything from underwhelming big man DeSagana Diop to the team's future direction. Word is when Paxson's talk ended, there was little applause - until the season-ticket holders were coaxed by nervous Cavs staffers, who began clapping loudly.</div>

Finished off with:
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Cavs clearly don't have a problem getting rid of people. From coaches on down, they toss folks out like others do remote-control batteries.

So, why don't more former Cavs employees follow the lead of recently released guard Bimbo Coles, who publicly ripped the organization?

Word is Cavs ownership is famous for seeking every possible loophole to avoid paying money owed to fired employees - so most clam up out of fear they'll give the team excuses not to pay.</div>

Just some thoughts:

1. I really have anticipated Miles being traded for some time now. If the Cavs land Lebron or 'Melo then I would think the Cavs will ship either Ricky Davis or Dejuan Wagner to make room. Thinks about this scenario - the Cavs draft Lebron James (or Melo). Now they have 4 players and 2 spots to insert them into. I won't be surprised if we see a much different Cavs team next year.

2. If your season-ticket holders don't like your GM, your players don't like your GM or the franchise leadership, and the owner has the reputation of being a bad boss, how much hope can your franchise have? I thought that Gordan Gund was going to be a good owner when he first took over. It seems though that he and Paxson are running the franchise into the ground.

2. Big D

Big D JBB JustBBall Member

<font color="blue">Moved to Cavs forum by Big</font>

3. BigTMacFan

BigTMacFan JBB JustBBall Member

So does that mean no one can reply to it in this forum?

4. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

lebron doesnt want to go to cleveland, and i dont know why carmelo would either.

5. Big D

Big D JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "BigTMacFan":</div><div class="quote_post">So does that mean no one can reply to it in this forum?</div>
    They can find it in NBA, then when they reply, it will show up in the Cavs forum. Everything still works like usual.

6. VinsanityMK

VinsanityMK JBB JustBBall Member

definetly trade away Darius... LeBron is acting stupid, he's already saying he doesen't want to go to some team when he hasn't even been in the NBA... If making the NBA is his dream he should follow it and stop saying "i don't want to go to the cavs".

7. jdub

jdub JBB JustBBall Member

i like miles, but he aint doin nuthin in cleveland, get him out

8. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

what's so good about that?

9. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "vinsanity03":</div><div class="quote_post">lebron doesnt want to go to cleveland, and i dont know why carmelo would either.</div>

It doesnt matter if they dont want to go there. If the team decides to draft that player he has pretty much no choice.

10. VinsanityMK

VinsanityMK JBB JustBBall Member

heh, they're stuck... They can always leave the NBA if they don't get it their way. :roll:

11. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "B-Ball215":</div><div class="quote_post">definetly trade away Darius... LeBron is acting stupid, he's already saying he doesen't want to go to some team when he hasn't even been in the NBA... If making the NBA is his dream he should follow it and stop saying "i don't want to go to the cavs".</div>

he's gonna demand a trade, like how stevie franchise did.

12. jmantic15

jmantic15 JBB JustBBall Member

that was so stupid how he did that i hate him just because of that

13. jdub

jdub JBB JustBBall Member

o seein franchises face when he got drafted by the griz, that was sum funny $*&@