Morrison, Turnovers Doom Celtics

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by olskoolfunktitude, Nov 22, 2006.

1. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

this is a recap by ME! [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Just when it looked like the Celtics were starting to turn their fortunes around and prove their detractors wrong, they stumbled into Charlotte and laid an egg against one of the Eastern Conference cellar dwellers, falling to the Bobcats 92-83.

After blowout wins against Indiana and Portland , and what should have been a blowout win against New York , some fans were thinking ?5 in a row? when they glanced at the Celtics' schedule and saw games against the Bobcats and Knicks on the horizon.

Last night the C's reminded their fans that for this team, every win is still a grind and none is a given.

Even if the Celtics were the defending champions they would have been beaten by just about anyone with last night's effort, easily their worst of the young season.

How bad was it? The Celtics did not score a field-goal in fourth quarter until a driving layup by Wally Szczerbiak with 5:28 left to play, better (or worse rather) than halfway through the final period. By then the score was 80-70 Charlotte , and the Bobcats were able to all but relax and watch as the Celtics eradicated any chance they had for a comeback with their sloppy play.

And they did have chances. After Szczerbiak's layup, the Celtics went on a mini-run of sorts and were able to get within 3 points of tying the game when Szczerbiak rebounded a missed shot by Adam Morrison and quickly heaved the ball to Tony Allen who dribbled thrice and coaxed in a nifty little layup plus a foul.

The C's would get no closer, however. They managed a few hard-earned stops down the stretch but were unable to capitalize due to some very costly turnovers. In their recent winning streak, the Celtics had managed to cut down their giveaways to 14 a game. Last night they committed 18, which really isn't all that many by their somewhat lofty standards. The problem, however, was that they seemed to come at the worst possible times, like, say, the last few minutes of the game...</div>

here's the link if you want to read the rest of it....
    won't really tell you anything you don't already know unless you didn't watch the game.

http://www.nesportsnews.com/celtics/index.html

scroll down though and you can read a pretty nifty preview of the atlantic division that i wrote (not sure how great i feel about my predictions now though. we'll see)

2. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

I konw that Adam Morrison had a good number of backbreaking buckets, but I don't think it was him that really shot the C's full of holes. In actuality, Doc had already resigned his team to giving Morrison shots, but they certainly hadn't planned on the offense performing as poorly as it did. Szczerbiak had a terrible day, and Pierce was literally hurting the team with the way he played. So let's not give Morrison credit he doesn't necessarily deserve.

3. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

not trying to say he was a superstar out there but he really did hurt the C's with some huge buckets in the 4th quarter