Mourinho Courts Lampard & Drogba

Discussion in 'Chelsea FC' started by Colonel Ronan, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    [​IMG]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>New Inter Milan manager Jose Mourinho has revealed he would love to work with Chelsea duo Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba again.

Former Chelsea boss Mourinho has made it clear he would like to be reunited with the pair he previously managed.

"I cannot forget Deco, Lampard and Drogba. These are players who I could never say no to," said Mourinho.

"I would love to work with them again in the future, but I am not too obsessed with this idea."

He added: "I don't know which of these three will leave their clubs but we will see."

Blues midfielder Lampard and striker Drogba have been linked with moves to the Serie A champions in the past.

But previously Mourinho has said any transfer dealings between the two clubs would depend on "if Chelsea wants to sell".

Mourinho has signed a three-year deal with Inter and the 45-year-old succeeds Roberto Mancini, who was sacked after leading the club to a third consecutive Serie A title last season.

England midfielder Lampard, 29, who has 12 months remaining on his current Chelsea contract, prospered under Mourinho while Drogba, 30, has made no secret of his desire to work with his old boss again.

"I want to start a cycle with the same team from last year, plus one, or two, maximum three new players," added Mourinho.</div>

[Source]

I wouldn't be surprised if they left. Rumor has it that Chelsea offered Lampard a 2 year contract, but he wanted a 4 year one.

2. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Lampard will leave, and I too wouldn't be surprised if Drogba left. He idolizes Mourinho, so he'll go wherever he goes.

3. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    Yeah, I never liked Drogba. He's a glory hunter in my opinion.