Moving Skjei at the deadline

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, May 4, 2018.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

If Ottawa takes a defenseman rather than Tkachuk which they badly need at 4 with Karlsson likely to be dealt, Rangers have a real shot to trade up to 5 with the Yotes. Yotes need an NHL defenseman now who is young and talented. I think they would do the 9th overall and Skjei for their 5th. Rangers acquired 3, young, talented lefty d-men in their deal. Tkachuk would be a perfect player to rebuild around. Possibly pair with Howden down the line.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

It's tough to know what to make of Skjei after this year. Was it just a poor 2nd year due to the change around the team or is he maybe not quite as good as we may have thought? I wouldn't be opposed to something like that deal. I'm not sure if Arizona would value him as a big deal with the year he had but it might be worth asking. I still think Hayes should be used in a trade. Guy just is too on and off.

3. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Hayes flourished and was consistent once Miller left. Hayes and Vesey should have been on the PP a lot more than Miller.

4. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

As I see it, no one on this Ranger team is untouchable! There are too many missing pieces and a
    shitload of the same type players who are no where near the composition of a championship
    team. Rangers have a ways to get there. It’s not going to happen next year. We are not the
    Golden Knights!

5. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

We're gonna get a good player in #9 anway. We can trade something less than skjei with the 9 to go up to 5. If were trading skjei I would rather move him in a Trouba trade