Must See JT-TV

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by DolfanDale, Apr 29, 2008.

1. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Those, who got their panties in a wad over my Tom Brady thread, should enjoy THIS. Jason, tell me that they MADE you wear that shirt.

2. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

heh heh. JT is certainly improving his "footwork" during is "offseason workouts". I can't wait to see him on a sportcenter highlight this year using one of his new dance moves to slip past a left tackle.

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

his other dance was waaaaay better....

4. The Return of the Raider

Visit to Dolphins' HQ widens Taylor-Parcells rift?
    What?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3373679

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Taylor was taking a break from "Dancing With the Stars" when he stopped in to visit Dolphins players in South Florida. According to the Herald, after receiving a warm reception from his teammates, Taylor decided to seek out Parcells.

But according to the Herald, Parcells had no interest in talking to Taylor. Parcells even looked at Taylor, the newspaper reported, before going back to watching tape.

Through his dancing, Taylor has become a network TV star this offseason, but Parcells is unhappy his best player has been focused on a budding Hollywood career rather than being back in Florida working out with teammates.</div>

Drama.

The whole time Taylor is out doing his TV thing, Parcells is working his ass off putting this team together, trying to turn this thing around. Parcells is slowly stewing over the whole absence of Taylor, deflecting questions about him, trying to stay focused on the new rookies he just collected this weekend. Taylor shows up at HQ, and walks right to the room Parcells is in. Parcells is surprised to see him show up. He keeps the poker face on, and tries to ignore him. Its possible Bill didn't want to create a scene at that exact moment and just kept his mouth shut. He didn't want to let on that he was just talking about Jason to one of his assistants, and was probably still pissed. There were probably other people in the vicinity, peeking around the corner, watching how the whole situation developed. Parcells seems like a guy that you need to make an appointment with if he's otherwise already busy. His silence is deafening for Taylor, who was feeling let down by the disrespect. Parcells is in full drill seargent mode, and he's not going to jump out of his shoes and give Taylor a big bear hug. He's keeping score. Perhaps the whole trade rumor was all a Parcells demonstration of his authority - a message that he knew would reach Taylor wherever he was dancing.

Drama

5. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

If Parcells is really treating Jason poorly, then that's the most disappointing thing that I have heard about the new regime. Okay, Jason wasn't drafted by Parcells, so he's not a Parcells guy. That isn't Jason's fault. So, Jason is in Cali doing the dance thing. What is he missing? According to the article, JT might be in Cali until May 20th. I don't see how this is a big disruption for the team. Jason hasn't been anything but a high character guy and the best player on the team for several years running. He has represented the Dolphins in a positive manner on and off the field. I just don't see how Parcells can see Jason Taylor as a problem. If I were Parcells, I would try and get Jason on board with the rebuilding process. Jason may be declining by the time the Dolphins start contending, but he can provide great leadership and an example of how a professional football player conducts himself in the meantime. Besides, the biggest knock on Jake Long is if Jake can handle the faster DEs in the NFL. How beneficial could it be to Jake Long to have to face Jason Taylor everyday in practice? I really hope this is the press trying to generate a story during a slow period because I would hate for Jason to leave the Dolphins bitter.

6. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I think its all being blown way out of proportion....If you are in your office working with the door open, you feel someone step into the doorway, you look up, then back down to what you were doing, if that person wants your attention, shouldnt they say something? According to reports, Taylor didnt say a word, Parcells didnt say a word, they just went on with business....Jason Taylor being pissed, if its even true, because Parcells didnt initiate a conversation is high school girl type crap....If you want to converse, speak up, or get out, its a week before the draft, Parcells is busy....

7. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef @ Apr 30 2008, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think its all being blown way out of proportion....If you are in your office working with the door open, you feel someone step into the doorway, you look up, then back down to what you were doing, if that person wants your attention, shouldnt they say something? According to reports, Taylor didnt say a word, Parcells didnt say a word, they just went on with business....Jason Taylor being pissed, if its even true, because Parcells didnt initiate a conversation is high school girl type crap....If you want to converse, speak up, or get out, its a week before the draft, Parcells is busy....</div>

I think it's also worth noting that JT has an expectation, right or wrong, that he should be the center of attention anywhere he goes. He had just gotten back from dancing for television which would imply center-of-attention status. The publicity that he received from TV only reinforces that. Had JT changed with fame and fortune? Is he the same guy that he was when he was just a rookie?

8. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

It just keeps getting worse. Jason was just named one of the 100 Most Beautiful People in the World by People Magazine. Somewhere, Deacon Jones is rolling his eyes.

Here's a quick interview with Jason.

9. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale @ May 1 2008, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It just keeps getting worse. Jason was just named one of the 100 Most Beautiful People in the World by People Magazine. Somewhere, Deacon Jones is rolling his eyes.

Here's a quick interview with Jason.</div>

I hope the other players give him as much grief as possible. Like put a vanity set in his locker or something just to tease him. He is due for a lot of ribbing for this! You know they'll do it too. lol

10. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ May 1 2008, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale @ May 1 2008, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It just keeps getting worse. Jason was just named one of the 100 Most Beautiful People in the World by People Magazine. Somewhere, Deacon Jones is rolling his eyes.

Here's a quick interview with Jason.</div>

I hope the other players give him as much grief as possible. Like put a vanity set in his locker or something just to tease him. He is due for a lot of ribbing for this! You know they'll do it too. lol
    </div>

Will they? There aren't that many veterans on the team. This might be a time when Jason starts missing Zach because you know Zach would have a good time with this.

11. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

I think both guys played it well. You know me and I know you. No hard feelings or anything but we're both used to be the alpha's in the group so until that day.

i just picture the whole thing playing out like a western movie, JT is Clint, Parcells is Wayne. the town probably isn't big enough but it's going to be good to watch play out as the fins looked for back to back #1's.

12. The Return of the Raider

They can do it after the 2008 season, but I would bet that some contender is going to come knocking on their door shortly before the mid season trade deadline. Stay tuned...

13. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ May 1 2008, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>They can do it after the 2008 season, but I would bet that some contender is going to come knocking on their door shortly before the mid season trade deadline. Stay tuned...</div>

I think ROTR is right on target. If your a contender and thisclose to the Patriots, what could make the quickest difference? Adding a guy that can make Brady get happy feet.