My Cavs Offseason Opinions

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by briang8818, May 23, 2006.

1. briang8818

briang8818 JBB JustBBall Member

<font color=""DarkRed"">Cavs Players I Love And Want To See Back:</font>
    LeBron James: No explanation
    Anderson Varejao: Pure energy every second he's on the floor. I'm not sure, however, that I want to see him on the floor for any longer than 25 mins. He is prone to fouls, but his energy is something no other team has.
    Eric Snow: People continue to disrespect Snow because he can't shoot. It didn't stop us from winning 50 games and making it to game 7 of the conference semis. His game isn't shooting, it's running the floor and being a bulldog on defense. I love what he brings. I can't believe I ever wanted Jeff Mcinnis over him.
    Donyell Marshall: He does it all; shoots, rebounds, blocks, hustles. Can't fault the man for anything. And he came up big in the playoffs.

<font color=""DarkRed"">Cavs Players That I'm On The Fence About, But Still Like.</font>
    Zydrunas Ilgauskas: I'm a big Z fan, he is a very rare force in the NBA, the 7 footer who can make free throws and hit the open jumper. Z stepped up his defense big time this year. Unfortunately, he stepped down on offense. The Wizards series should have been mismatch heaven for Z, but he disappeared.
    Drew Gooden: He's really off the bench material, and can be very good at it. But I'm not sure if that's in his future. He brings more energy than most Cavaliers, but it's not consistant energy.
    Larry Hughes: It's not fair to judge the kind of season he had, but it wasn't what I had hoped for. There was a point where he was putting up 30 points in the same games LeBron was. That alone can make him deadly. Let's see what a full season has in store for him.
    Damon Jones: Couldn't shoot to save his life in the regular season, shoots lights out in the playoffs. I just want consistancy.

<font color=""DarkRed"">Cavs players that are on their way out:</font>
    Flip Murray: The best trade deadline aquisition of the year. His regular season clutch shooting got us in the playoffs. I can't help thinking about him "spiking" the rebound off the Rasheed missed free throw in game 6 that probably cost the Cavs. Not to mention, he has big time FA money coming to him.
    Luke Jackson: He's probably let his best chance to get accustomed to the NBA game pass him by. I can't imagine he's gonna start staying healthy now.
    Stephen Graham: Mostly an injury replacement once Luke went down, he won't be back.
    Sasha Pavlovic: Very talented, very inconsistant. I can see him being a solid contributor with another team though.

2. discolemonade

discolemonade JBB JustBBall Member

why sasha? sure everytime he drives he picks up a charge, but he can throw down... sometimes