My first act as moderator

Discussion in 'NFC South' started by Thoth, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I thought that if justice were to prevail then I s/b named moderator of the Atlanta board.

I love Conspiracy theories so just bring 'em. I do however love & look forward to contrary opinions.

2. Thoth

C'mon someone help me out here. I feel like Pats37 over in the New England forum a few days ago.

I can't understand why no one wants to venture into this forum? Please tell me.

3. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

A Miami fan as Moderator of the Falcons Forum? Seems like a classless move. I think you should resign the position and move on with your life.

4. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

BA, I think it's funny that your the moderator for the Falcons forum. SF said that your request just beat mine. Great minds!

Zach, while your telling people what they should do, I think you should get a sense of humor and quit talking to us like PB or Jett. If you want to talk about classless, that was the way we were all treated at the "other site." People were bullied for a long time. It will take more than a week for all the pent up feelings to be vented. We'll move on in time, but for now, we're going speak our minds because we can. Why are you so bent on defending those creeps? Why do you come in here talking to BA like Jett spoke to you on the "other site." I saw that post. Basically, Jett said that you lacked class and you told him to lighten up, then you come in here and say basically the same thing? I know you don't think that BA would read your statement and actually consider it when the language is so confrontational, do you? I didn't like PB and Jett because they were so self-righteous, hypocrital, hateful and like to use their postition as moderator to push people around. I've always thought your a pretty good guy even if you come across a little self-righteous at times. Lord knows, none of us are anywhere near perfect. (Especially Steelerfan!) You seem really unhappy these days. Is this really about BA or what has happened over the last week with us moving or is it something else?

5. Thoth

Zack. Obviously, you aren't aware that I love to be sarcastic and I still have not learned that sarcasm doesn't come across well in a written manner. Did I take exception to your post? No. Why moderator of this forum? I put up w/ the aforementioned moderators at the other site longer than the rest so I thought why not.

I certainly hope you have no issues w/ me. I know we don't see eye to eye when it comes to politics but thats the way the cookie crumbles. I hope that is not the basis of why you seem to take exception to me. I am more than willing to talk if you have problems w/ me privately.

Dale; Its true that great minds think alike. My rationale for getting to moderate this board was spelled out in my reply to Zackman. I was not going roll over and play dead for Zackman but I truly have no issues w/ anyone on this site and have gotten over any ill will towards everyone at the "other site"

Though, I disagree about none of us being perfect. SF is the closest & myself the furthest

Peace on Earth. Merry Christmas.

6. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

How much did SF pay you to say that? jk

7. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

I guess I am a little disappointed at what transpired in TheRedZone. Apparently I wasn't checking the site very often when you all got so upset. If my posts were being unjustly deleted or if I was unjustly banned I'd be pissed. That never happened to me in TheRedZone.

I hear some of you asked to be banned, I'm not sure why. Were your posts deleted? I would like to hear at least a couple specific cases of why there's so much hatered toward Jett and Paul Brown. I don't think disagreeing on politics or religion should have caused anything like this. I saw Idiotboy and brownisatwit/blue_52 get justly banned. I never noticed anyone being abused.

I can see why Travis would want to find a new site. I have no clue as to why anyone else felt such drastic measures needed to be taken. I don't know if Don Maier is Jett, but I believe Shaky when he says he isn't. I have no reason not to.

I'm not posting here because I have anything against TheRedZone. I just came because I was invited in the RZFFL. I think the more Fans the better. I also think the more differing opinions the better. A site where everyone agrees is not a better site in my opinion. I miss reading Jett and Paul Browns posts ... they both no football and are loyal to their team. Everyone knows that I'm very close politically to those guys ... and proud of it.

At first I thought I missed it because I was busy for a few weeks, but as I read some of the posts in here it seems some feel they were abused for a long time. I did not see that at all. I am not saying that I couldn't have missed it but I did not see it.

In closing I'd like to say that yes Jett did take a parting shot at me. He thinks that everyone posting on this site was out to get him ... and that's not the case. I read where he feels he has a knife in his back. That's sad from my point of view. I don't have ill will towards Blackie or Dale of anyone else for that matter. I just haven't seen any evidence that justifies boycotting TheRedZone.

Enlighten me please.

8. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

I guess I am a little disappointed at what transpired in TheRedZone. Apparently I wasn't checking the site very often when you all got so upset. If my posts were being unjustly deleted or if I was unjustly banned I'd be pissed. That never happened to me in TheRedZone.

I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am Zack. I had been there for three years, and good years at that. I had also volunteered to be a moderator in the Steeler forum and tried to be as involved as I could in supporting the "Code of Conduct" and gaining support on the site. So you can imagine that picking up and leaving wasn't exactly the easiest thing for me to do.

I hear some of you asked to be banned, I'm not sure why. Were your posts deleted? I would like to hear at least a couple specific cases of why there's so much hatered toward Jett and Paul Brown. I don't think disagreeing on politics or religion should have caused anything like this. I saw Idiotboy and brownisatwit/blue_52 get justly banned. I never noticed anyone being abused.

Certain members had watched some injustices occur one after another and couldn't bear to hold their tongues. And after there was no real response to the injustices, they asked to be banned. What's the point to try to make a point in a forum that is "do as I say, not as I do" and that is what was going on. There were posts that were clearly problematic by certain members, and posts that shouldn't have been deleted by other members. And they were being handled with a double standard. No one wants a site that everyone agrees and sings in harmony, just a sight that you don't get warned for saying how you feel. Politics and religion had nothing to do with this. I have no hatred for Jett or PB, I just didn't agree with the way they "policed" a very good forum. It had become the "no fun" forums.

I can see why Travis would want to find a new site. I have no clue as to why anyone else felt such drastic measures needed to be taken. I don't know if Don Maier is Jett, but I believe Shaky when he says he isn't. I have no reason not to.

I think I explained why I was ready to leave. There were other reasons for me, but to be fair to the old admin, I will not hang their dirty laundry out there. But I will say that I felt unfairly treated as a moderator. As for Shaky, I take him with a grain of salt. I'm not sure who I trust as far as the Rams fans go. That's all I can say about that as well. As it's not appropriate for me to say more.

I'm not posting here because I have anything against TheRedZone. I just came because I was invited in the RZFFL. I think the more Fans the better. I also think the more differing opinions the better. A site where everyone agrees is not a better site in my opinion. I miss reading Jett and Paul Browns posts ... they both no football and are loyal to their team. Everyone knows that I'm very close politically to those guys ... and proud of it.

I am here now and will remain here. This is my home and I will work very hard to make this a great site to post in. I enjoy everyone's ideas and thoughts on football and life. Do I agree with everyone? Absolutely not. But that's what makes it fun. I want to argue a little, talk a little smack, be able to say that I think someone, some team, or some coach SUCKS. I don't want to be warned for not liking a team or a call. It's bs. As for the politics, who cares? I'm a Conservative Republican and usually agree with them & you on most political issues, but I don't hold that against any of the Dems here. I respect other's opinions, and don't feel as though it puts me at a disadvantage.

At first I thought I missed it because I was busy for a few weeks, but as I read some of the posts in here it seems some feel they were abused for a long time. I did not see that at all. I am not saying that I couldn't have missed it but I did not see it.

In closing I'd like to say that yes Jett did take a parting shot at me. He thinks that everyone posting on this site was out to get him ... and that's not the case. I read where he feels he has a knife in his back. That's sad from my point of view. I don't have ill will towards Blackie or Dale of anyone else for that matter. I just haven't seen any evidence that justifies boycotting TheRedZone.

Just do what you want Zack. I like having you here, but I'm not asking you to not post there. That's just silly. You are a valuable asset to any board, and a good guy to boot. No one is asking for your blood, we just want you to know that you are welcome here. And we will be shooting some sarcasm about the dynamic duo from the RZ, but like Dale said, it's just to get some stuff off of our chests. Eventually it will die down and everyone will move on. I'm sorry because I know that I was vague on some issues, but I don't feel right posting details. If anyone would care to back me up on my post with details feel free. I'm not in a position to do so.
    Enlighten me please.

9. Steelerfan_2005

Thanks for the props BA. I don't think I'm perfect or close, but I will always listen and try to help anytime someone needs me for something. I think everyone that knows me, knows that.

As for you Dale.... ahem! I just gave him 10 bucks... sheesh, always calling me out.

And as for BA being classless or being a moderator of this forum classless, it was for fun and shouldn't be looked at as anything other than that. BA will not abuse his position, this I can assure you. He's a good guy and shoots straight. Everyone needs a little justice now and then and this was a perfect fit.

10. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

I do appreciate the response SF, but like you said it was vague. I'd like at least a couple detailed examples of what caused such drastic measures. Anyone can email me at upzackman@yahoo.com if you're not comfortable posting the details.

11. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

Zackman, people will find it difficult to provide exact details since all of the evidence is removed from view and access. I never had a personal issue with anyone in charge on that site, but I always felt that there was a double standard regarding who could say what [to whom]. The best remaining evidence of the perceived double standard is found in a post from the site owner; "All I wish to say is the rules here will be the same for all, moderators and normal forum users." One of the most galling things to me towards the end was the continued insistence by PB and Jett that the forum moderator had complete autonomy to dictate every aspect of a forum discussion. Entire posts were deleted from threads because of single words, single sentences or paragraphs that were deemed not on target for the current discussion. Class divisions created by the moderators led to confusion and divisiveness throughout the site. Class divisions should never determine the validity of an opinion or allow for restrictions in expressing one.

I believe you when you say that you never saw any abuse or bias in the administration of that site. However, either Mr. RZ saw the problem first hand, or he was overwhelmed by the number of members with that perception. As you say, your posts or ID were not unjustly removed, so why would you have a perception of something being amiss.

Now for the tricky part? Zackman, I believe that part of the reason you never saw what many others did is because in my opinion you were included in the protected class. The reason I find saying that tricky is that I don't think that you intentionally used that [class protection] to your advantage, and probably were not aware of that perception by others (or at least me). I don't want to leave an impression that I don't like you. I think that you and I get along fine because we are, well, old; At least by the standards of this site. I enjoy a good sparring session. [​IMG]

I don't have an opinion either way regarding people wanting to post to the other site. For the time being, I choose not to do that, but I may some day. As far a people saying that they want to leave their own parting shots, I have already voiced my opinion that it is ill advised, but I am not experiencing the same feelings of anger as some of them.

12. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

Thanks for your view Chip I appreciate you taking the time to answer.
    But the one problem that I've had is still there. SF stated in his response "Certain members had watched some injustices occur one after another and couldn't bear to hold their tongues." They're sure holding their tongues now. From your responses, I take that neither you or Steelerfan had any posts deleted, if you did you would have told me what you wrote and what was deleted.

So who are these "Certain members" and why don't they tell me what these unjustices were? You say they were "One after another" so it should be easy to remember a few in detail. I feel Paul Brown and Jett are inocent until proven guilty. Not one person has publicly posted a specific case of abuse. Why??? I smell fish and she isn't pretty. [​IMG]

13. Steelerfan_2005

I was going to start naming specifics, but instead I'll just ask you straight out. Do you think this was planned? Do you think that I conspired against PB & Jett so that I could get everyone to this website? Because I see where this is going and I'm really just curious if that's what you think. As far as everyone else is concerned, give the other posters some time. It looks like several are missing which is probably holiday related.

But let me know if that's what your getting at because I don't see any point in beating around the bush.

14. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Zach, a lot us were complaining to the webmaster and then confronting Jett and PB in the forums. I had my fair share of arguements with them. I made many posts stating my problems with the moderators and the double standards. I made my points in a concise and straight forward manner. I never got a straight answer. I got a "final warning" from PB and a song and dance from Jett. I'm sorry that you missed it, but I don't plan on reliving it play by play again. I got tired of PB and Jett warning people for little infractions compared to what PB himself was doing. Jett always had his back. Both of them always spoke to regular posters in a hateful and disrespectful manner. If you want an example, look at the way they're talking to you on the Crapzone now. Besides, you posted on the Crapzone that the webmaster email you some of our complaints. Didn't you read them? You don't see it because you don't want to see it and I don't know for the life of me why. This isn't a court of law. Most of us hated posting on the same board as PB and Jett. We told the webmaster. We confronted PB and Jett and for two weeks we were left subjected to their wrath. The webmaster said he wouldn't "stick his head in the sand" then he handed the problems to Jett, who some of us had a problem with anyway. A lot of us said enough to that crap and we left. We found a new place to post. Again, I'm sorry you missed that, but I'm not going to go over all the gory details for all the people who missed the blowup. I couldn't possible reconstruct it if I wanted to. You smell fish and she isn't pretty. Who made you judge and jury? I know your not happy here. I wish you could be, but there are a lot of posting sites on the internet. You can post here. You can post a the "other site." Maybe, PB and Jett will let you know where they're going to be posting and you can post there. I really think your upset because you liked the way things were, but things won't be the same again. They can't be the same again and I don't think any answer we come up with will be a satisfying one.

15. Steelerfan_2005

I think you made a lot of good points and I know there are so many others here that feel the same way. I just feel it is up to them how much they want to share or how much they want to leave alone. As for explaining myself, I have done enough for now. I'm not going ask for favor by anyone specifically. Judge me for what I've said, what I've done, and what you think. I have no guilt from my actions. Supporting your friends in their time of need should never have to be apologized for.