My first money team

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Pats37, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I had the 6th pic in a 12 team draft.
    30yds per point passing
    10yds per point rushing/rec
    6 points for all TD's
    1 point per catch
    basic field goal and defense scoring + Special Teams TD's
    Prize money($200 Per Team) - 1st $1,500 2nd $700 3rd $200 last - pays extra $50 and $1 per transactions. Last place $50 and transactions fees go towards bar party after season.

QB T. Brady
    WR L. Coles
    WR D. Driver
    WR D. Mason
    RB D. Davis
    RB L. Jordan
    TE T. Gonzalez
    Def Buffalo
    K S. Graham

Bench
    J Bettis
    Ricky Williams
    D Givens
    D Brees
    H Miller
    J Wells

2. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Looks like a solid team. I predict Davis, Jordan, Gonzo and Driver will have really good years. Buffalo's defense is a great pick. I like your bench, too. And if LaMont Jordan can turn in a 1000 yard, 10 TD season, you'll be set.

You're should be pretty well off because the season is a marathon and not a sprint.

(If you took Domanick Davis at #6, who were the first five picks?)

3. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

6th pick and you took Dominick Davis. I find him to be a overrated back this season. Way to inconsistent. You could of got better backs than him at pick 6 or is it a keeper league? Jamal Lewis or Deuce McAlister should of been on the board. I think thats a bad pick. Jordan is an ok #2. Might lack TD's with the passing attack Norv Turner runs. Maybe 15-20 touches a game this season. Rest of your team looks good. RB's are nice but probably could of been better considering where you picked at.

4. Pack Attack

I took Davis over Jamal Lewis at #11 the other night. I thought about Lewis...but I just don't know.

I'll probably regret it by the end of the year. Lewis is primed to go off this year.

5. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>I took Davis over Jamal Lewis at #11 the other night. I thought about Lewis...but I just don't know.

I'll probably regret it by the end of the year. Lewis is primed to go off this year.</div>

I look at Davis and I see inconsitency of the board. Granted I'll take him in the 2nd but if I could land a Corey Dillon,Deuce McAlister, and Jamal Lewis who are always usually on the board when you get in that territory I don't see why you take an inconsistent RB the past 2 seasons with a horrible line in the first round. He has fantasy bust written all over him. I rate him a good #2 back but not #1. Pats37 has a nice team but probably won't win his league unless Davis explodes. I don't see that happening. Maybe he does. If so all the power to him and good luck.

6. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

yea the dom davis pick wasnt too great there, ur team still turned out decent, in the nfl forums league i got duece mcallister with the 10th pick i think, he and others must have been there.

7. Pats37

I wanted Duece but he was gone and so was Mcgahee...Lewis doesn't get enough catches which is huge in my league...Peyton was still there but I didn't want to take a qb at 6 and get real ? at running back...with the 1 point per catch and the fact that davis is a double digit touchdown guy he seemed like a better choice over a dillon or a lewis...I also think you'll be surprised at how many TD's Jordan will get...Turner does like to run the ball too..

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wanted Duece but he was gone and so was Mcgahee...Lewis doesn't get enough catches which is huge in my league...Peyton was still there but I didn't want to take a qb at 6 and get real ? at running back...with the 1 point per catch and the fact that davis is a double digit touchdown guy he seemed like a better choice over a dillon or a lewis...I also think you'll be surprised at how many TD's Jordan will get...Turner does like to run the ball too..</div>

Dillon shoud of been the choice. I can't believe you passed on him. I mean Dillon is on a better team. He'll see a lot of carries and he has a good o-line. Theres nothing wrong with your team but Davis at 6 is a big time reach.

9. J-E-T-S 1083

was Priest there i'm sure he wasnt but if he was that coulda been a better pick. I like Jordan hes gonna be a great RB for years to come especially with Moss to strech the field for him.

10. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

WR D. Driver woot woto!!! DD!!!

11. Pats37

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wanted Duece but he was gone and so was Mcgahee...Lewis doesn't get enough catches which is huge in my league...Peyton was still there but I didn't want to take a qb at 6 and get real ? at running back...with the 1 point per catch and the fact that davis is a double digit touchdown guy he seemed like a better choice over a dillon or a lewis...I also think you'll be surprised at how many TD's Jordan will get...Turner does like to run the ball too..</div>

Dillon shoud of been the choice. I can't believe you passed on him. I mean Dillon is on a better team. He'll see a lot of carries and he has a good o-line. Theres nothing wrong with your team but Davis at 6 is a big time reach.</div>

I was thinking Dillon and Davis but the only reason I like Davis better is the 1 point per catch and in our scoring system Davis score 309 pts to Dillons 250...Thats what did it for me.

12. Pats37

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>was Priest there i'm sure he wasnt but if he was that coulda been a better pick. I like Jordan hes gonna be a great RB for years to come especially with Moss to strech the field for him.</div>

No priest wasn't there and the fact that you got duece in the 10th round is laughable at best...I thought I was going to get him but he went 4th...The first Five picks were LT,Priest,Alexander,Duece,Mcgahee..then I basically chose between Peyton,Dillon,Lewis,James,Davis...I wasn't taking a QB...maybe if I was 8 or 9....and Davis is younger than both Dillon,james, and Lewis and primed for a big season....and despite the catch numbers he'll get me he had 11 scores in his last 9 games last season and they don't have as many options to go to for TD's like IND and NE...and Lewis just lacks in the catch department as well...unless he goes for 2,000 again Davis will outscore him. Also I like that Houston is trying to go to the Zone blocking scheme for the run game the way atlana did last season and denver has been doing for years.

13. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wanted Duece but he was gone and so was Mcgahee...Lewis doesn't get enough catches which is huge in my league...Peyton was still there but I didn't want to take a qb at 6 and get real ? at running back...with the 1 point per catch and the fact that davis is a double digit touchdown guy he seemed like a better choice over a dillon or a lewis...I also think you'll be surprised at how many TD's Jordan will get...Turner does like to run the ball too..</div>

Dillon shoud of been the choice. I can't believe you passed on him. I mean Dillon is on a better team. He'll see a lot of carries and he has a good o-line. Theres nothing wrong with your team but Davis at 6 is a big time reach.</div>

I was thinking Dillon and Davis but the only reason I like Davis better is the 1 point per catch and in our scoring system Davis score 309 pts to Dillons 250...Thats what did it for me.</div>

The thing with Davis is he is way to inconsistent. He'll give you many headaches in the beginning of the year when he is either banged up or just flat out not playing good. You could of went James who is probably gonna have a bigger year this year than Davis. James is gonna get a lot more carries this season with teams laying off the ball in respect for Manning. He should run for 1500 yards and also score 15 TD's. Plus he is way more consistent in a week to week bases. Davis will probably not show up until like Week 7. That seems to be his trend. I don't consider him a 1st round pick at all. I like Julius Jones and Kevin Jones ahead of him. Same with Ahman Green, Rudi Johnson as well. Not sure who was out there when you took Jordan but I consider him the lasts of the second tier #2 RB's. I consider Davis a #2 RB. Davis and a Jordan RB combo probably isn't the best in the league or even top 3 in the league. Davis is gonna need to play consistent throughout the year for you to have any chance in that league. Jordan is gonna have to see some carries inside the redzone. I don't see that happening. 15-20 carries a game. Which might hurt you.

14. J-E-T-S 1083

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>was Priest there i'm sure he wasnt but if he was that coulda been a better pick. I like Jordan hes gonna be a great RB for years to come especially with Moss to strech the field for him.</div>

No priest wasn't there and the fact that you got duece in the 10th round is laughable at best...I thought I was going to get him but he went 4th...The first Five picks were LT,Priest,Alexander,Duece,Mcgahee..then I basically chose between Peyton,Dillon,Lewis,James,Davis...I wasn't taking a QB...maybe if I was 8 or 9....and Davis is younger than both Dillon,james, and Lewis and primed for a big season....and despite the catch numbers he'll get me he had 11 scores in his last 9 games last season and they don't have as many options to go to for TD's like IND and NE...and Lewis just lacks in the catch department as well...unless he goes for 2,000 again Davis will outscore him. Also I like that Houston is trying to go to the Zone blocking scheme for the run game the way atlana did last season and denver has been doing for years.</div>

see i'm talking about the NFL forums league and i got Duece with the 10th PICK

15. Pats37

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>was Priest there i'm sure he wasnt but if he was that coulda been a better pick. I like Jordan hes gonna be a great RB for years to come especially with Moss to strech the field for him.</div>

No priest wasn't there and the fact that you got duece in the 10th round is laughable at best...I thought I was going to get him but he went 4th...The first Five picks were LT,Priest,Alexander,Duece,Mcgahee..then I basically chose between Peyton,Dillon,Lewis,James,Davis...I wasn't taking a QB...maybe if I was 8 or 9....and Davis is younger than both Dillon,james, and Lewis and primed for a big season....and despite the catch numbers he'll get me he had 11 scores in his last 9 games last season and they don't have as many options to go to for TD's like IND and NE...and Lewis just lacks in the catch department as well...unless he goes for 2,000 again Davis will outscore him. Also I like that Houston is trying to go to the Zone blocking scheme for the run game the way atlana did last season and denver has been doing for years.</div>

see i'm talking about the NFL forums league and i got Duece with the 10th PICK</div>

I know and I'm saying thats crazy...

16. J-E-T-S 1083

yea but u said 10th round which is much more crazy than 10th pick, but i agree with u he never should have been there. There were many questionable picks before that including two quarterbacks. Manning and McNabb.

i still dont think that Davis was a better choice than someone like James, Lewis or Dillion unless its a keeper league. But it doesnt really matter what i think u already picked him and ur team looks pretty good. [​IMG]

17. Pats37

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea but u said 10th round which is much more crazy than 10th pick, but i agree with u he never should have been there. There were many questionable picks before that including two quarterbacks. Manning and McNabb.

i still dont think that Davis was a better choice than someone like James, Lewis or Dillion unless its a keeper league. But it doesnt really matter what i think u already picked him and ur team looks pretty good. [​IMG]</div>

Ya I meant 10th pick..thats what I get for typing and working at the same time..haha. But I hear ya..I felt like I reached a little with the pick on most peoples boards but I was taking a small chance..though even when lewis had his 2,000 yard season he only score 325 points in my league and last season while missing a game and a half davis put up 309 points...I'm just banking on davis improving on last season before I bank on lewis getting 2,000 yards again...as for James he's the wild card there...if the colts stop passing from the 5 yard line like they did alot of last season I could have missed a much better back because he'll catch 50 balls as well...I'm not trying to say your points aren't valid just trying to show why I would take a shot on Davis over a Lewis/James/Dillon..and Manning I just hate taking a QB in a quality league knowing my running backs would have been Horrid...

18. Pack Attack

I think I would have taken James in your situation. But no one is going to know what the "right" thing to do was until the end of the year. I'm sure Davis will do just fine for you.