Politics My libertarian view on banning abortion

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Mediocre Man, May 16, 2019.

1. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

So my one and only question is this......

How in the fuck did abortions get banned before assault rifles?

Their argument against abortion is it's murder (I believe it is as well) so what the fuck is children getting gunned down in school?

Our priorities are completely out of whack.

ehizzy3, THE HCP, Chris Craig and 7 others like this.
  2. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Children getting gunned down in school is already illegal.

3. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    And what has been done to try and reduce that risk? ZERO! Being illegal is meaningless unless action is taken to try and reduce the amount of mass shootings. I believe women should be in charge of their bodies and healthcare and I believe kids should feel safe going to school, the mall to the parks etc.

Chris Craig and dviss1 like this.
  4. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

If the state can tell a woman what to do with her own body, they can eventually decide that a woman has absolutely no right to do with her own body as she sees fit.

5. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

The argument is that it is not not guns that kill people, it's people that kill people.

Before @barfo says it, the obvious solution is to ban people... and that's why @SlyPokerDog is so rich.

6. trailblazer18

trailblazer18 Well-Known Member

I usually don't like to jump in on "issues." But I support life. Unfortunately, when a woman becomes pregnant, it is no longer an issue of a right of her own body. There is another person involved. We must defend the defenseless.

As for assault rifles, guns, school shootings. Again, we need to defend our children from senseless murder. I am all for finding a way to do that. I do not consider myself a gun owner (Although, I do have a very old 22 rifle passed down to me from my grandpa, so technically I am. I just recently took possession of it), so I am really uneducated on the best solution.

7. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

But, what if the women was assaulted and becomes pregnant against her will. This is not a black and white issue.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  8. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Alabama is FUCKING NUTS if THIS guy says this:

9. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Here's the thing, do you support privacy? Do you beleive a bureaucrat should come between a patient and their doctor?

If men could have babies there would be abortion clinics like starbucks around this MF.

10. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    And what if YOU got pregnant and we’re not ready to raise a child for 18 years? What if it was rape to YOU? What if it was incest on YOU? Would you will be so quick to “defend the defenseless “? And what about the mother? What about her rights to HER body?? How convenient and simplistic a take you have.

Go read Roe v. Wade and see the logic of what it says. it’s actually a very brilliant solution.

Orion Bailey, dviss1 and Chris Craig like this.
  11. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Assault rifles can't gun down kids in school on their own. They have to have a psychotic behind the trigger.

There are a very low number of psychotics with access to assault rifles.

The focus should be to contain psychotics.

12. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

LET'S BE CLEAR:

This will NOT ban abortions. Abortions will still happen in Alabama.

The difference is they will be in back alleys, babies will be born damaged and deformed, and the worst thing, WOMEN WILL DIE...

All under the guise of protecting life that they DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT once it's born.

FUCK these fake ass "pro lifers".

You cannot be Pro life if you are:

Pro gun
    Pro Capital Punishment
    Anti Healthcare for all

NO. You are simply anti abortion. Figure it out.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Orion Bailey, ehizzy3, Lanny and 3 others like this.
  13. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

If one believes that Abortion is Murder then:

Every time there is an abortion someone dies because of it. It is a 100% death rate.

When someone owns an assault rifle, someone does not die. It is a very small percentage of total available assault rifles that result in death.

That is the answer to your question.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  14. trailblazer18

I agree it it not black and white. I understand their can be situations like you describe.

riverman and SlyPokerDog like this.
  15. trailblazer18

I agree on your observation about men having abortions if places were switched, for sure. It still doesn't change my viewpoint that I believe we should be fighting for the life of these children.

And to your first point, I actually am indifferent to it actually being a law. I would rather see each individual make the choice to choose life, not have to be forced into the choice by a law.

16. trailblazer18

Again, there are of course terrible situations and make it not a black and white issue.

What I can't understand is justifying a murder because the person took the risk of being sexually active, all the while knowing pregnancy is a potential outcome of having sex.

17. trailblazer18

My viewpoints are biblical based. God's law says thou shall not murder, but it also contains capital punishment, so I believe both can exist. Guns are not a biblical issue, so if we ban guns that is fine. The Bill of Rights is not the Bible. The Bible is also clear about helping your neighbor (the Good Samaritan), so we should be looking out for each other, considering each others health. Whether the government should pay for that, that is up for debate.

My point is, you can hold some of the viewpoints listed, but don't have to hold to all. Not all Christians are staunch Republicans. Any association that a Christian has to be a Republican and hold Republican values is flat wrong - not Biblical.

18. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

The answer is to advance the medical process so the embryo is removed and preserved for implantation into a woman who wants a child. So a pregnancy is not terminated but instead delayed.

Chris Craig and Hoopguru like this.
  19. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Sounds like a blockbuster sci fi movie...then something goes terribly wrong.

Anyways...how far are from the level of technology needed to fo that? It is a good thought, but we need a more present solution. Not that I have one.

20. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I believe a woman has a right to what she does with her body, just as a man does. If laws are put in place to take that right away, then women's bodies will be controlled. But, I guess that is what those who "want to make america great again" want to do.

Roe V Wade should not be overturned. It is long set law. Banning abortion makes no sense and will cause many more problems than it solves.