My Sixer Rebuilding!

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Kid Canada, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

1.Trade Eric Snow for Theo Ratliff. I'm sure Atlanta would do it. (fillers would be needed I think)
    2.Trade Keith Van Horn for Latrell Sprewell.
    3.Resign Kenny thomas.

Roster
    C-Theo/Dalambert
    PF-Thomas/Clancy
    SF-Sprewell/Buckner/Williams
    SG-McKie/Buckner
    PG-Iverson/Salmons (if Jason Terry can play pg than Iverson can). Line up is a bit undersized but would be fine.

2. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

#1 Doesn't sound too bad.
    #2 Would be a bad idea on New York's part.
    #3 Is alright.

3. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

They aren't going to trade Theo for Snow.
    NO ONE would trade Spree for KVH [​IMG]
    Kenny will be resigned.

4. AI4EVER

AI4EVER JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">they arent gonna trade theo for snow
    NO ONE would trade spree for KVH [​IMG]
    kenny will be resigned</div>

I hate to say it about KVH but its the truth. He's a nightmare and even though the offer was on the table, they would have never let Spree go...not for VH at least.

5. Babygurl_815

Babygurl_815 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "AI4EVER":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">they arent gonna trade theo for snow
    NO ONE would trade spree for KVH [​IMG]
    kenny will be resigned</div>

I hate to say it about KVH but its the truth. He's a nightmare and even though the offer was on the table, they would have never let Spree go...not for VH at least.</div>

I agree with everything that was said.

6. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

Keep Iverson at the 2 spot, that's where hes ripped it up. He started as a pg, but the move to 2 guard is what let him do his thing. The Snow, A.I. backcourt works. Why mess with it? Theo is a free agent too, they wouldnt need to trade for him.

Yeah, and the VH for Spree trade wouldn't happen either.

7. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

I don't think that either team would do trade number one. Trade number two would be moronic for the Knicks, but I wouldn't be suprised if they did it. The last one was done, but I don't think that it will help them THAT much.

8. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

Snow for Theo wouldn't work, they already have a solid pg in Terry.

9. Cpops57

Cpops57 JBB JustBBall Member

The trade stinks.

10. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Sixers might get GRob for KVH instead of Spree.

11. Sasha

And they did, I like that trade very much. We get a second scoring option, but the con is, would they get enough touches for both of them. I'm also glad that Latrell got out of New York finally.

12. cross yo ova

cross yo ova JBB Banned Member

Iverson showed he can play point, but when it comes down to games he'll shoot too much to be pg. Plus he will score more if he recieves the ball, instead of coming up with the ball every time and shooting sometimes without passing.

13. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

Iverson has too stay at the 2. Yes, he has shown he can play the point, but that is not what you want. After a little while he will go back to the mentality of "me me me", so I like Snow there, spread the ball around, but AI still gets the shots. Well, KVH is gone now, and that was a good move.

Sure, Big Dog Glenn Robinson can't play D, but that is another scorer, 20 and 6 added, but I am not sure how they will play together. Iverson couldn't play with Stack, Larry Hughes, Keith Van Horn, or Tim Thomas, but who can play with KVH.

Signing back Kenny Thomas...good decision Phila.

And Glenn Robinson's D, who cares, we have enough of these "Philly players/Larry Brown" hardworking D guys. Eric Snow, Aaron McKie, Monty Williams, Tyrone Hill (if he is there), Greg Buckner, enough of that. I hope GRob and AI are a good duo.

14. Sasha

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting STCBBall3:</div><div class="quote_post">Iverson has too stay at the 2. Yes, he has shown he can play the point, but that is not what you want. After a little while he will go back to the mentality of "me me me", so I like Snow there, spread the ball around, but AI still gets the shots. Well, KVH is gone now, and that was a good move.

Sure, Big Dog Glenn Robinson can't play D, but that is another scorer, 20 and 6 added, but I am not sure how they will play together. Iverson couldn't play with Stack, Larry Hughes, Keith Van Horn, or Tim Thomas, but who can play with KVH.

Signing back Kenny Thomas...good decision Phila.

And Glenn Robinson's D, who cares, we have enough of these "Philly players/Larry Brown" hardworking D guys. Eric Snow, Aaron McKie, Monty Williams, Tyrone Hill (if he is there), Greg Buckner, enough of that. I hope GRob and AI are a good duo.</div>
    I don't think we will be keeping Hill, we have a chance to get Clark and we now have Jackson. Two solid defenders. Hill was just brought in because T-Mac got hurt.

15. AI4EVER

AI4EVER JBB JustBBall Member

If I had a team like Iverson's (last season) I wouldn't have passed the ball either. He's not a ball hog though he could of passed more. I don't know how the team will be this year, we didn't get alot of the trades that could of helped us more but I think we'll be straight. I'm really lookin for Willie and Kyle to show up to show they can do something.
    I'll also be lookin for Snow to become more visible too.

16. Sasha

How can you say that, he did pass. Last year was his 3rd best passing season. He was a better passer his first two season averaging 7.5 apg in the first, and 6.2 apg in the second. But both of those years he played point guard, and it was his job. He even outshined Kobe and Tracy in the playoffs this year by being the 3rd best passer in the playoffs, averagin 7.7 apg.