My Top Ten Players in the League

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Ghost, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

We all know that there are certin players that are in everyones top ten players in the league. Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan are great examples of this. you can really flip flop those two players at the number one and two players in the league. I would put Kevin Garnett at the one and Tim Duncan as the secound best player in the league.

After that it is anyone call. There are a lot of great players that can go in the three-ten spots as the top ten in the league. Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant Shaquille O'Neal, Jason Kidd, Paul Pierce, Elton Brand, Steve Francis, Shawn Marion, Baron Davis, Vince Carter, Stephon Marbury, Ray Allen, Dirk Nowitzki, Jermaine O'neal, Allen Iverson, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, and Chris Webber. All of those players are worthy of being in the top ten.

At the three spot I have to put Tracy Mcgrady because there is nothing that he can't do. At the four spot you have to go with Kobe Bryant, He is the carbon copy of Tracy Mcgrady and you can switch Tracy Mcgrady and Kobe Bryant at the three and four spot.

At the five spot you have to go with Shaquille O'neal, when healthy he is the third best player in the league behind Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan. There is no one that can contain him in the league, let alone stop him. If he could improve his free throw shooting he would be in the top three players in the league. At the 6th spot I would have to go with Jason Kidd, Because he is the best Point Guard in the league and has excellent court vision and can always find the open man, and when he is called apon he can hit the open jumper and play great defense.

At the seven spot I am going to go with Paul Pierce, This guy is lights out every night hitting jumper after jumper and drilling the three ball whenever he wants to. He is also a great post defender and can lock down his opponet. With the eight spot I am going to go with the Matrix Shawn Marion, is there something this player can't do, he scores, rebounds, passes, steals, blocks, and runs the fastbreak well and can guard anyone that steps out on the court agenst him. I mean sure his jumpshot is one of the ulgyest in the league but you know what it goes in and that is what counts. It does not matter how you score, but how much.

With the 9th spot in the league I am going to go with Allen Iverson. This guy could score with two broken legs and be double teemed. It seems like Allen Iverson is always playing injured. If he were to average eight asst a game this season I would move him up to the 6th spot. The only bad thing about Allen Iverson is the fact that he takes a lot of shots to get his thirty points a game. Now with the final spot on my countdown of the best players in the league, This one will surprise a lot of you but I am going to go with Elton Brand, He is a Twenty-Ten guy every night. In my mind he is one of the most under-rated players in the league right now. He is always in the top ten in rebounding and blocked shots.

There are going to be a lot of people who disagree with some of my choices. A lot of people would of put Chris Webber, in the top ten but I didn't because he is always injured and when he finally gets healthy he always gets hurt in the playoffs when his team needs him the most. There are a lot more players that could of been in the top ten Ray Allen, Chris Webber, Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, Dirk Nowitzki, Vince Carter, Rasheed Wallace, Jermaine O'neal, Shareef Abdur-Rahim. I have my reasons that I did not put any of them in the top ten, Mostly because they don't lead there team to the playoffs or they don't play defense, or they are injured a lot and can't play when it matters the most(when there team is fighting for a playoff spot). There is my top ten players in the NBA.

PLEASE POST COMMENTS.

2. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Tim Duncan #1. Toss up after him IMO.

3. Stockton

Stockton JBB

That's a good, well thought out list but I would've had Duncan #1, shaq lower, maybe not on the list(he just aint what he used to be and wont be this season with kobe,karl malone and the glove around him), Dirk somewhere between 5-10, and Marbury ahead of Marion. But that's still a very good list.

4. grizzoistight

grizzoistight JBB JustBBall Member

No way i would put tracy over kobe.. becuz kobe has proven himself in the postseason.. Stats dont matter in the reg season if u dont produce when it counts PERIOD

5. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

I have a question, who wrote that? lol.

Semi-accurate list, but whats the big deal anyway? We have 50 of these threads too.

6. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">I have a question, who wrote that? lol.

Semi-accurate list, but whats the big deal anyway? We have 50 of these threads too.</div>
    I wrote that. I want it to be a artical but i don't know bc's aol name so i could not give it to him.

7. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-MAC:</div><div class="quote_post">I wrote that. I want it to be a artical but i don't know bc's aol name so i could not give it to him.</div>

You can give articles to me too bro, just so ya know.

8. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">You can give articles to me too bro, just so ya know.</div>
    i would not give it to you.

9. jbbKing James

That's on you, you can just wait on it then.

10. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

ok thats fine with me. I will

11. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-MAC:</div><div class="quote_post">i would not give it to you.</div>lol

Very good article but it is all opinion. There are so many ellite players in the NBA that it is impossible to rank them against eachother. The reason I say Duncan #1 is because he is the back to back MVP, isn't the best player suppose to be the Most Valuable Player?

12. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

IMO he did not derserve it at all.

13. jbbKing James

Spurs had the best record in the NBA last season, plus won it all. Does that count for anything? Give us a break.

14. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-MAC:</div><div class="quote_post">IMO he did not derserve it at all.</div>His first one I didn't think he deserved it. I think J-Kidd was MVP hands down.

But last year? How did he not deserve it? He led his team to an NBA championship and took down the 3 time defending champs. Please explain.

15. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">His first one I didn't think he deserved it. I think J-Kidd was MVP hands down.

But last year? How did he not deserve it? He led his team to an NBA championship and took down the 3 time defending champs. Please explain.</div>

He was named MVP before all of that happened. And isn't it supposed to be for the regular season?

16. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting twolvefan11:</div><div class="quote_post">He was named MVP before all of that happened. And isn't it supposed to be for the regular season?</div>Like King James said, they had the best record in the leauge. Next question.

17. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Like King James said, they had the best record in the leauge. Next question.</div>
    He had more help than Kevin Garnett. His team played better defense than the wolves and defense wins titles

18. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-MAC:</div><div class="quote_post">He had more help than Kevin Garnett. His team played better defense than the wolves and defense wins titles</div>

[​IMG] so touching [​IMG]

19. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-MAC:</div><div class="quote_post">He had more help than Kevin Garnett. His team played better defense than the wolves and defense wins titles</div>MVP's don't make these kind of lame excuses. The Wolves had a 2-1 lead on the Lakers and choked. They didn't have the killer instinct. I have yet to hear Duncan complain about not having any help.

20. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">MVP's don't make these kind of lame excuses. The Wolves had a 2-1 lead on the Lakers and choked. They didn't have the killer instinct. I have yet to hear Duncan complain about not having any help.</div>

Outstanding call Rudeezy, that was an excuse for a biased opinion. The Spurs took out that Laker team that beat the Wolves. It's not like KG was a one man show, he still does not know whent o take the game over in the final minutes. Hudson had an MVP series himself against the Lakers, played outstanding basketball.