Myers confirms Warriors have interest in Roy

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

http://www.csnbayarea.com/basketbal...-have-interest-in-?blockID=728950&feedID=5986

Warriors general manager Bob Myers said on Friday morning that the team has interest in former Portland Trail Blazers guard Brandon Roy, who has made it clear that he will try to play in 2012-13.

On Dec. 15, 2011, the Blazers announced that they had used the amnesty clause to waive Roy, and shortly after that Roy announced that his professional basketball career was over.

But Roy, 27, has been training over the past several months with the goal of joining an NBA roster for the start of the season.

There’s a connection between Myers and Roy; Myers used to be Roy’s agent.

“It’s a possibility,” Myers answered, when asked if the Warriors would have interest in Roy. “He’s an easy phone call to make.”

2. Custodianrules2

This is tough. Even if he does get back, I don't think the guy could play for a full season. He's got no cartilage in his knees. Don't get me wrong, Brandon Roy is my favorite shooting guard and him being a warrior would simply be awesome even if it means we get 50 games out of him. Classy guy, great skills, great competitor.

3. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

i would be in favor of this, warriors are easily my team that i hate the least

4. Custodianrules2

I also follow the Blazers, so that's why I'm a big fan of Brandon Roy.