Nash: "Webster Will Not Start Next Season"

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Da_Future_2k5, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Da_Future_2k5

Da_Future_2k5 JBB Banned Member

Nash: "Webster Will Not Start Next Season"

so the question is.. who is the Blazers starting 2 guard.. or who will it be

derek anderson? a free agent? hmm

2. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

I think it will be DA. I like him a lot and I hope he stays. We have a great young nucleus now with Jarett Jack, Martell Ebster, and Telfair.

3. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

Even though i like D.A as a person alot i think he represents everything that is wrong with the Blazers in the past 2 seasons - inconsistency,Injuries and inability to deliever at will.
    The Blazers should at least sign Finely cuz a back court of Talfair and Derek Anderson makes me laugh, i mean how much points can these 2 deliever each night? 12ppg in 35%??
    ^thats just wrong i want the Blazers to sucseed now unlike Nash - i see the reality without Studemire and NVE and because of that i think that the team we have on our hands for next year can even suck more then the team we had this season.
    Who will score all the points?? Randolph? will he be the next Wilt?

I would strongly consider bringing another scorer or 2 to the team.

4. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

I too think that it will be Derek Anderson

5. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">Even though i like D.A as a person alot i think he represents everything that is wrong with the Blazers in the past 2 seasons - inconsistency,Injuries and inability to deliever at will.
    The Blazers should at least sign Finely cuz a back court of Talfair and Derek Anderson makes me laugh, i mean how much points can these 2 deliever each night? 12ppg in 35%??
    ^thats just wrong i want the Blazers to sucseed now unlike Nash - i see the reality without Studemire and NVE and because of that i think that the team we have on our hands for next year can even suck more then the team we had this season.
    Who will score all the points?? Randolph? will he be the next Wilt?

I would strongly consider bringing another scorer or 2 to the team.</div>
    I don't think that the Blazers will be able to sign Michael Finley because almost every team is interested in him. Teams like the Suns and Pistons who are already contenders are trying to bring him in to fill that last piece of the puzzle and push them over the top. I doubt he would come to a young Blazers team that is still rebuilding for the future when he is veteren and has a chance to win a championship if he signs with one of these other teams.

6. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Swish15:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't think that the Blazers will be able to sign Michael Finley because almost every team is interested in him. Teams like the Suns and Pistons who are already contenders are trying to bring him in to fill that last piece of the puzzle and push them over the top. I doubt he would come to a young Blazers team that is still rebuilding for the future when he is veteren and has a chance to win a championship if he signs with one of these other teams.</div>

nah... i don't think so...i mean why would he want sign in a team where he would be a poster-boy when he can still score?
    all im saying is that there is a chance that he might be interested in signing in a team where he would be one of the mvp's - he can be a poster-boy at detroit at the end of his career.

btw:kinda good that we have a cousin of Jason Terry in the Team together with a releative of Marbuary...good blood [​IMG]

7. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

Has anyone heard what nash said at the after-draft press confrence?

"Sabastian Telfair called me and said that he can finally pass the ball to a player who can shoot the ball,what he said again steve(patterson)? - he said 4 more assists per night" [​IMG]

8. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

I personally think that benching (or Darkoing as the kids like to say) Martell Webster his first season is a bad idea. Players will learn through practice and watching from the bench, but they also need in-game experience.

While I also believe Webster was the best player available (outside of Danny Granger), most analysts had at least 5-6 players ahead of him on their boards, and the pick was explained through the logic that the JailBlazers drafted him so that they'd fill an immediate need at Shooting Guard. So this just makes their pick look hypocritical. If you're not going to play the guy, then wouldn't it just be better to pick a player like Danny Granger, Fran Vazquez, or even Channing Frye?

The JailBlazers shouldn't be looking at the playoffs as an option next year, and even if they are, they can't possibly be thinking in terms of championships. I'm not suggesting that they tank, but while they're wallowing at the bottom of the standings, they should at least take the time to develop their future franchise players. You know, play Webster, Outlaw, Monya, Seung-jin, and Khryapa. I don't understand how teams far under a .500 record can play veterans in their late 30's while their 18 and 19 year old prospects are rotting on the bench.

9. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

Isn't that Jailblazers thing getting a little old? off the top of my head Golden State have J-rich who is a criminal and Rodney White which was in Jail this year,why not invent some stupid thing about GS? like the GS JailFighters or something like that?

10. Miami Flash City

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">Isn't that Jailblazers thing getting a little old? off the top of my head Golden State have J-rich who is a criminal and Rodney White which was in Jail this year,why not invent some stupid thing about GS? like the GS JailFighters or something like that?</div>

As long as the dunleavy and murphy in the starting lineup they just cant be called Jailfighters lol. Also Jason Richardson WAS a criminal he changed his ways

11. jbbDWade3

jbbDWade3 JBB JustBBall Member

I think they should start webster instead of DA cause they need to get martell some nba experience and DA isnt putting up any spectacular numbers

12. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Martell should not be judged on weather he will start or not until he gets into Blazers training camp and they see what he can do. It is wrong to just come out and say a player will not be starting right out of the gate when you do not even know who your coach will be or what kind of team you will have come opening night. Webster has the potential to be one of the best shooters in the league. So why not see what he can do? The Blazers need to keep their young guys, and have a total roster overhaul in my opinion. Like the Nuggets did a few seasons ago it?s the only way they will be able to progress with their team. The one they have in place right now is not getting any better.

13. jbbDWade3

jbbDWade3 JBB JustBBall Member

I think after the summer league and training camp, Nash, will change his mind about webster

14. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheTruth5:</div><div class="quote_post">As long as the dunleavy and murphy in the starting lineup they just cant be called Jailfighters lol. Also Jason Richardson WAS a criminal he changed his ways</div>

silly arguement,Talfair,Pryzbilla,Reef and NVE started in most games for the Blazers so what does that proove?
    And another thing:when people say they have changed their ways in most times it mean: " i'm saying that ive changed my ways to get all you guys off my back,from now on i will hit my wife/smoke weed but only if im sure im not going to get caught!"...
    At least Damon gave money to charity and only smoked some weed,Randolph was put into a tough situation when his brother was at risk - thats a tough situation for any human,i will not defend Patterson's acts though even tough the things he's done is not that rare in the league and in other teams's player as well ...

15. playmaker15

Sorry to say, but we still are the Jail Blazers, and Rod, Stoudemire probably gave the money to charity to clear up his image a bit, so it doesn't excuse him from doing what he did. However, I can see the reasoning behind Randolph's actions. People can change though, and JRICH is a perfect example.

16. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker31:</div><div class="quote_post">Sorry to say, but we still are the Jail Blazers, and Rod, Stoudemire probably gave the money to charity to clear up his image a bit, so it doesn't excuse him from doing what he did. However, I can see the reasoning behind Randolph's actions. People can change though, and JRICH is a perfect example.</div>

No we're not still the Jail Blazers! every other player in this league is a 6 foot thug! hell Caffey,Cassel and Payton are being brought to justice right now and are in danger of spending a year and a helf in prison so don't tell be that a few little things like being caught with some of youre fried dumb friends(miles) is so special...
    Studemire gave money to charity even before he got caught carrying some weed...

And if people can change then i guess sheed changed,and Miles "changed" and even Ruben said he is seeking guidence and is changing (no kidding...) - so why not drop the whole JailBlazers crap cuz they have changed?? - just like the JailWarriors prooved they have "changed".

17. playmaker15

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">No we're not still the Jail Blazers! every other player in this league is a 6 foot thug! hell Caffey,Cassel and Payton are being brought to justice right now and are in danger of spending a year and a helf in prison so don't tell be that a few little things like being caught with some of youre fried dumb friends(miles) is so special...
    Studemire gave money to charity even before he got caught carrying some weed...

And if people can change then i guess sheed changed,and Miles "changed" and even Ruben said he is seeking guidence and is changing (no kidding...) - so why not drop the whole JailBlazers crap cuz they have changed?? - just like the JailWarriors prooved they have "changed".</div>

Even if it was before the weed, it doesn't excuse him from his actions. Yes Sheed has changed, he has gotten better with going phsyco. As for MIles I don't know if you can say that he has changed yet. The Blazers are still the Jail Blazers because they get in trouble so often. As for the Warriors, they are having problems as well, just not as many as the Blazers have had.

18. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker31:</div><div class="quote_post">Even if it was before the weed, it doesn't excuse him from his actions. Yes Sheed has changed, he has gotten better with going phsyco. As for MIles I don't know if you can say that he has changed yet. The Blazers are still the Jail Blazers because they get in trouble so often. As for the Warriors, they are having problems as well, just not as many as the Blazers have had.</div>

BS.
    40% of the players in this league are pimping thugs! the Blazers players are not that special - im almost sure the Blazers are not even in the top 3 in regards to technicals.
    you were just brainwashed my friend,the Warriors are just an example im sure i can find other teams with criminals in it.

19. playmaker15

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">BS.
    40% of the players in this league are pimping thugs! the Blazers players are not that special - im almost sure the Blazers are not even in the top 3 in regards to technicals.
    you were just brainwashed my friend,the Warriors are just an example im sure i can find other teams with criminals in it.</div>

What makes you so sure? The Blazers may not get the technicals but they always find a way to get into trouble off the court. Stoudemire, Sheed, Miles, Randolph, Patterson. C'mon Rod you know they have this habit. I believe Damon has been cought with weed more than once to.

20. Miami Flash City

Marijuana:
    Damon Stoudemire
    Rasheed Wallace
    Qyntell Woods(also abused animals)
    Erick Barley
    Isiah Rider

DRUNK DRIVING
    gary grant
    zach randolph
    rod strickland

ASSUALT
    Gary Trent
    Ruben Patterson
    Wallace
    Grant
    FAILING TO LEAVE A FIGHT
    bonzi wells
    Barkley
    Cursing at an officer-Jermaine Oneal
    Tresspassing-Wells
    Providing Alcohol to minor girls-Marcus Brown
    Cocaine-Shawn Kemp
    Bad Parenting-Kemp

wow! these blazers are angels
    Rod we know your a good loyal blazers fan but bro admit it you know these blazers get into to much trouble