NBA 2k8 ratings released

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by GMJ, Sep 18, 2007.

1. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

http://www.gametap.com/home/read/article/8...11519c6c74a0c45</p>

According to Operation Sports these are from a legit source. Jon Robinson writes for IGN.</p>

Notables: </p>

Al Horford is rated higher than Kevin Durant and Greg Oden. So is David Lee.</p>

The Bulls have a top 15 player in every position (!)</p>

Vince Carter is a SF and Jefferson a SG? I will say this raises questions about its legitimacy, but this list has been accepted in other legit forums.</p>

David Noel is tied for first in the dunking category. I've liked David Noel in the past for his dunking ability, but I'm not so sure he should share the lead with Vince, Igoudala, J Rich, Lebron, Josh Smith, Kobe, J R Smith, and Gerald Green. (Al Thornton is a 94, Thaddeus is 92).</p>

Post your reactions here</p>

</p>

2. BuLLzDoMaIn

BuLLzDoMaIn BBW Elite Member

Wellllllll with the bulls</p>

</p>

</p>

Kirk is a top 10 in PG</p>

Gordon is like top 10 in SG</p>

Deng top 15 in SF</p>

PF??? idk bout tyurs </p>

</p>

wallace for sure top 15 Center</p>

3. MosDefinitely

MosDefinitely Member

I think everyone is falling for the Celtics hype...there is no way Paul Peirce is better then Carter in my books and Allen better then both of them. Anyways as a Raptors fan im pleased as Ford is an 84, Bosh is a 92 and Calderon is a 80. I was hopeing they could bump up Bargnani and Parker to 80s but ill settle with a 78 for each.

4. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Personally I think the Nets should have top 25 players for each position.</p>

Kidd is a better pg than Arenas (arenas is a better sg)</p>

Carter's rating is good, so is Jefferson's (he became a better shooter, but injury and quickness should be hampered).</p>

Krstic being tied for 20th is fair considering the names above him, and him sitting out a year.</p>

I think Magloire is better than Doleac and Spencer Hawes. Thats how I justify everybody being top 25.</p>

5. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

Horrible ratings. Gordon an 82....thats fine depending on how your doing the ratings, but when Monta Ellis is scoring out higher than Gordon, you have to redo your ratings big time. Hinrich the best player on the Bulls due to this game? Wallace 2nd best? Horrible. </p>

</p>

6. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Yep gotta agree with what you're saying BG7. Monta is good, but Jefferson and Gordon have got to be above him. I say spot Monta at 80.

7. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BG7 Lavigne)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Horrible ratings. Gordon an 82....thats fine depending on how your doing the ratings, but when Monta Ellis is scoring out higher than Gordon, you have to redo your ratings big time. Hinrich the best player on the Bulls due to this game? Wallace 2nd best? Horrible. </p>

</p></div>

Ellis is the better all around player. Gordon is a better shooter but outside of that Ellis has him beat in every other aspect; penetration, finishing after contact, passing, turnovers, defense (no comparison here).</p>

These aren't rankings, they're ratings. The more well rounded a player is the higher rating he'll have, thus why you have a guy like Baron Davis above Kidd, Paul, Deron Williams, etc. Baron can shoot, hes a top 3 penetrator at the PG position, top 5 passer, top 3 defender, top 3 rebounder, probably the best athlete at PG, hes clutch, etc. while some other PGs are "better" in real life but not as well rounded. Compare that to a Jason Kidd who is better in real life but because hes a poor shooter/scorer in real life his rating in the game gets knocked. </p>

8. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

A lot of problems. I will be editing these rosters a bit. Here are some noticeable problems:</p>

1. Paul Pierce has been a 94 and 93 for the past 2 years, why did he drop to 91? He's the same player he was 3 years ago, except smarter.</p>

2. Paul Pierce is certainly a better all-around player than Vince Carter.</p>

3. Ray Allen is up there, but I wouldn't say he's a better all-around player than Pierce.</p>

4. Jose Calderon all the way up at 80.. eh... and at SG? What?</p>

5. Every Warrior listed is overrated, except Al Harrington.</p>

6. So Michael Doleac at 73 and a top 25 center in the NBA? No Kendrick Perkins?</p>

7. Nash all the way up at 96, but Kidd at 92? How do you figure? ESPECIALLY when talking about overall skills/ratings.</p>

8. Arenas up at 96 may be a little excessive, especially considering the fact that he's 5 up on Pierce. No...</p>

9. Older players' ratings should start to decline. Stack could drop a point or two. Cassell and Hill shouldn't be in the 80's anymore, and Zo shouldn't be all the way up at 82. Zo's rating goes UP this year? How?</p>

10. Barbosa is too high at 85.</p>

11. Skip is a little too high at 79.</p>

12. Vince should be at the 2, Jefferson should be at the 3, and Jefferson should be a little higher than 80, especially if Stephen Jackson is up at 82.</p>

13. Lewis is a little overrated, I'd drop him to 86 or 87 tops.</p>

14. Josh Smith is not a better basketball player than Andre Iguodala.</p>

15. Tayshaun Prince should be higher, and above the likes of Jackson, Davis, Gay, and Peja.</p>

16. Marion should be listed as a SF, and down a couple rating points.</p>

17. I love Big Al, but I think 85-86 sounds right. It's funny, because if he didn't make the headlines as a guy who got traded for KG, he'd be at 84-85.</p>

18. Randolph is overrated. 85 at best, because he's a black hole and plays zero defense... always out of shape, and a questionable character.</p>

19. I think I might take the overall ability of a guy like Jeff Green or Al Thornton over Wally Szczerbiak.</p>

20. Amare might be able to drop 2 points or so.</p>

21. Kaman is better than Biedrins.</p>

22. Aldridge is a natural 4, and should be labled as one with Oden in town. What were they going to do, have him come off the bench in the game? I also think Aldridge is a better player than Bogut, with more upside as well.</p>

23. Etan Thomas improved this year, huh? Hmm...</p>

24. It's so filthy I have to say it again... Michael Doleac a top 25 center? At 73? And no Kendrick Perkins listed?</p>

I'll be tinkering a bit this year... </p>

9. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Doleac a top 25 center is a joke, but that doesn't mean Perkins should be on the list (for the record Magloire is better than both of them ), it means neither one should be.

10. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32)</div><div class='quotemain'>21. Kaman is better than Biedrins.</div>

At what? Shooting FTs? </p>

11. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Run BJM)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32)</div><div class='quotemain'>21. Kaman is better than Biedrins.</div>

</div></p>

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" width="425" height="350"><param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Itu6BeKEi8Y" /><param name="width" value="425" /><param name="height" value="350" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Itu6BeKEi8Y" width="425" height="350"></embed></object> </p>

</p>

12. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Run BJM)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32)</div><div class='quotemain'>21. Kaman is better than Biedrins.</div>

</div></p>

No, I even gave him a pass on that. My mother is a better free-throw shooter than Biedrins. But Kaman is a more polished player, especially offensively, around the basket. When healthy, he's a double-double waiting to happen, is stronger, has a much softer touch, and I think Biedrins really thrives in the up-tempo setting. Of course there are things Biedrins does better than Kaman, and of course he's more physically gifted, but I think Kaman is the better and more polished all-around player at this point.</p>

</p>

13. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Navarro??? wtf?? why does he deserve top 25 in SG? </p>

and why did RJ and VC get switched around..? VC is a SG, and RJ is a SF. </p>

and i can think of at least 2 shooting guards better than Navarro. i don't get that.</p>

and no love for Warrick as one of the top dunkers in the NBA? OR Dwight Howard? damn, that's harsh.</p>

i agree with almost everything this dude says in the "Overrated/Underrated" comments section. </p>

14. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Am I out of the loop about JR Smith being tied for the best dunker in the league? I wouldn't even put that guy top 20

15. high54life

high54life Sky's The Limit

How are LeBron James, J.R. Smith, Kobe Bryant, and Josh Smith 99's? Let alone David Noel. I know Noel won his college dunk contest and all, and is real athletic but this guy rating these must be a Bucks fan. They probably let BCB do this. Anyways, I'd put James a 96, J.R. a 93, Kobe a 97, and Smith a 95. The only people that deserve a 99 rating are Vince Cater, Andre Iguodala, Jason Richardson, and Gerald Green.</p>

My Top 20:</p>

1.Vince Carter, 99</p>

2. Jason Richardson, 99</p>

3. Gerald Green, 99</p>

4. Andre Iguodala, 99</p>

5. Kobe Bryant, 97</p>

6. Desmond Mason, 96</p>

7. LeBron James, 96</p>

8. Josh Smith, 95</p>

9. Gerald Wallace, 94</p>

10. Rudy Gay, 93</p>

11. J.R. Smith, 93</p>

12. Thornton, 92</p>

13. David Noel, 91</p>

14. Richard Jefferson, 91</p>

15. Fred Jones, 91</p>

16. David Noel, 91</p>

17. Trevor Ariza, 91</p>

18. Nate Robinson, 90</p>

19. Nick Young, 90</p>

20. Wilson Chandler, 90</p>

</p>

16. Montaman

Montaman JBB JustBBall Member

I'd add James White to that dunk list.</p>

As for the Warriors... I'd probably put Monta Ellis at 81 or 82 rather than 84, but I think their other ratings are pretty spot on. Baron Davis rates as the fourth best point guard in the game, but I imagine most would prefer to have Kidd rated over him. I think Baron's fine to be rated a point higher than Kidd as Kidd gets older, but if you were to insist Kidd should be higher as a point guard, I'd put him two and Davis three. Baron's point guard skill set issuperior toIverson or Arenas'.</p>

17. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Oh true, what with James White not being on the list, I'd say it's safe to assume he didn't make the game.</p>

18. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMJigga)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Oh true, what with James White not being on the list, I'd say it's safe to assume he didn't make the game.</p>

</div></p>

</p>

wow, didn't even think about that....that'd be a shame. Pops should be on that list too, somewhere.</p>

and IMO Josh Smith is being a bit underrated by you, high5..</p>

19. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

Horford is rated too high IMO...</p>

20. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Well if Horford is the most "NBA-ready" then it should make sense that he's rated higher.</p>

I'm definitely going to CAP Pops and White when I get the game.</p>