NBA Live 2005

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by CohanHater, Mar 23, 2005.

1. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Anyone here play NBA live 2005 in career mode? I'm going to try to make "reasonable" trades with the updated rosters to see what I can transform this franchise into. (meaning I'm going to try to trade Murphy, Pietrus and some fillers for Carmello). I think it'd be cool to see what people can do.

2. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CohanHater:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyone here play NBA live 2005 in career mode? I'm going to try to make "reasonable" trades with the updated rosters to see what I can transform this franchise into. (meaning I'm going to try to trade Murphy, Pietrus and some fillers for Carmello). I think it'd be cool to see what people can do.</div>

I recently re-vamped our roster so that the only people who remain are Biedrins, Dunleavy, J-Rich, Baron, and White

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I usually play in franchise mode. I think you need a 3 way trade to dump Murphy because Denver has all these power forwards that are breaking the bank (Camby + Kmart + soon-to-be-FA next season Maybyner Nene Hilario). Plus I hate how NBALIVE2005 doesn't have team options or base year compensation rules that come into play. Because Murphy is definitely BYC and is hard to trade.

I play primarily franchise mode because I love playing as the point guard and love going a whole season and winning the trophy on the hardest mode (frustrating!). I eventually turned injuries off because the CPU's play like a bunch of thugs that I just want to send in a goon of my own to break a femur or too on their roster. Best play of the game, I used Mark Blount to flatten Kevin Garnett after one their guys took out Gilbert Arenas. Payback, biatch. No suspension for flagrant foul. Wohoo!

4. Custodianrules2

Do they simulate GM tendencies with the team owner's motives? No, so you have to pretend.

Because Allan Bristow + the Hornets owner would give you Baron Davis for practically nothing because Baron Davis also happened to whine about not wanting to play for them and wanting to go back to Cali. Maybe you can factor in players likely to be disgruntled because of coach's system, other players on their team that are cancerous, the location's environment or other reason. A lot of trades happen because of the owner and money or the player affecting team chemistry reasons.

5. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I just play nba live with my teamates.

6. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

I play franchise mode as well. But, they really should work on GM AI. If you spend enough time willing and dealing, you can come up with 90+ rating from Warriors [​IMG] It would be really nice if they can recognize owner's spending ability, which team wants to win now and which wants to dump salary, understand luxury tax. Actually, it would be really fun, if they set up entire financial set up. So, if your team is popular, have a superstar or exciting players, you will generate more money by selling out, raise tickets, hotdogs, and parking prices and stuff. Well, I can only hope...

7. Custodianrules2

How about better looking dance girls that can dance or better live music during halftime? If I get to control the franchise I want to do at the all levels and on a Mark Cuban type budget. Then, I'd have the team plane more tricked out than the movie Soul Plane. How do you like that when the team plane is all pimped out with blue lights and all covered with blue and gold trim as it's bustin out 3-wheel motion down the run way at Dallas Fort Worth Airport?

8. CohanHater

Enterprise Architect
    I think that they should seperate the game into 2 discs (allstar weekend on 1 disc and the regular game on the other) That way they cn focus on actual gameplay (like being able to throw an outlet pass and your guy actually catching it on the run

9. CohanHater

Enterprise Architect
    It seems like every trade I offer is rejected. Is there some sort of secret to this?

10. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CohanHater:</div><div class="quote_post">It seems like every trade I offer is rejected. Is there some sort of secret to this?</div>
    I'm having the same problem. I wish the game would know that Davis is not happy there.[​IMG]

11. Custodianrules2

Is it a computer game or is a console game? Because you can just go to http://www.nbalive.org/ and apply those roster patches so you have Baron Davis already on your team.

They even got the ugly alternate jerseys for the dubs
    http://www.nbalive.org/portal/file/482

I think the secret is to play during the season and then figure out another team needs and then offer players that could improve the other team's style of game. Like I noticed weak 3 point shooting teams would kill for a guy like Derek Fisher. And as long as they aren't too over the cap and they aren't giving up some guy who is their franchise guy or way more valuable than the guy you're trading, they'll do the trade. I'm not sure if expiring contracts show much more valuable, some teams like NY are just content in staying in salary cap hell.

12. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm having the same problem. I wish the game would know that Davis is not happy there.[​IMG]</div>
    Just offer DD, Speedy, and interest scrub.

13. Custodianrules2

14. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Rich23:</div><div class="quote_post">Just offer DD, Speedy, and interest scrub.</div>Not that easy. Hornets are at their max roster limit and they reject every trade. I'm going to play online tomorrow so atleast i will be able to play with their updated rosters.

15. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Not that easy. Hornets are at their max roster limit and they reject every trade. I'm going to play online tomorrow so atleast i will be able to play with their updated rosters.</div>The uptadated rosters are awesome. Just update their stats to this years play [​IMG]

16. CohanHater

Enterprise Architect
    I'm playing on Playstation 2. You can tupdate rosters before entering career mode and in the main "manage rosters" not the league one, trade anyone and manage the rosters to the post trade-deadline teams. But in game, if I want to trade, it's tough to do.

17. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J-Rich23:</div><div class="quote_post">The uptadated rosters are awesome. Just update their stats to this years play [​IMG]</div>Thats what we were trying to figure out dude!

18. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

My tip is offer Murphy and filler for Dwight Howard. Great trade and you really improve