OT Merged: NBA2k17... Anyone having luck with the Blazers in this game?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BigGameDamian, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

How else do you think I would know that you can pass the patch off as a mole?

Chris Craig likes this.
  2. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

i think it would be worthwhile to put nards in as the teams only PG, and simulate his entire career in franchise mode

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  3. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

The pick n pop with Leonard is lethal. I dropped 28 with him in an NBA Finals Game 7.

I am working on a Full, Realistic NBA Simulation in MyLeague. I take control of every teams personnel and roster moves and automate all coaching, scouting, and injury decisions. All trading, drafting, and free agent offers are done by me, as well as a more randomized player development model done with rolls from 1-100 (1 = Rapid Decline, 100 = Rapid improvement). I make that realistic based on age (Younger is more development, Older is more decline)

In 2016, the Chicago Bulls won the championship after trading Valentine, Portis, and picks for a revitalized Chris Bosh at the trade deadline. Portland moved Festus Ezeli for Tyreke Evans and Crabbe, Harkless, Plumlee and picks for Cousins and Garrett Temple

In the offseason, the biggest free agent moves were Gordan Hayward signing with the Timberwolves to give them a core of Towns/Wiggins/Hayward/Lavine/Dunn. Andre Iguodala(?) signed to be a starter with the OKC Thunder, further depleting the Golden State bench.

In 2017, Portland had a starting lineup of:
    Lillard / CJ / T. Evans / Aminu / Cousins
    and we beat the Indiana Pacers in Game 7. They had a lineup of:
    J. Holiday / Redick / PG13 / Young / Turner.
    Portland was a 4 seed, beat Golden State in the WCSF then best a revitalized OKC squad in the WCF.

The most intriguing story going into 2018 are the New York Knicks, who resigned Carmelo, while adding DeAndre Jordan and Dwayne Wade. Markelle Fultz, who averaged 17ppg last year as a rookie, slides from starting SG to starting PG, giving them a loaded starting lineup of
    Fultz / Wade / 'Melo / Porzingas / Jordan

The biggest mover was Derrick Favors, (can't remember where he went). The Boston Celtics traded up from 4 (BKN) to select C DeAndre Ayton 1st overall.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  4. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    I'm playing last year's playoff bracket on 2K17 now. I swept the Clippers easily. On to GS...

5. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Been trying the Ezeli/Aminu + Leonard/Davis frontcourt rotation for the last couple of game, it's awesome. Leonard is far better than I anticipated.

Harkless is quietly good. Only 72 but has decent ball handling skills and even though is open shot 3pt is 70, he has knocked a lot for me. Had a game against Dallas recently where he dropped 18 pts in a quarter. Turner is fantastic as backup PG/SF in current scenario and Crabbe is just awesome. Plumlee I don't have use for though, Ezeli is much better and I prefer Meyers as second option now.

6. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried starting Ezeli at C and Plumlee at PF while sliding Aminu over to SF? Turner off the bench.

7. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Ok. I just beat the Warriors 98-68 in Golden State in 6 minute quarters. This edition is easier than any of the previous ones. The defense gives you more space to shoot, CJ and Dame hit off balance shots they would never hit in 2K16, and steals are very easy. I'm loving this.

Chris Craig likes this.
  8. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I have no idea what this means but it sounds very fun.

Chris Craig and BonesJones like this.
  9. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Aminu has to be at PF, I find him one of the best power forwards in the game. He's amazing from 3 point range when you get him open and defends well. Rotate Harkless, Crabbe and Turner at SF, they both fare better there. I tend to change who starts there based on the opposition, trouble with starting Crabbe is that there is no SG to come off the bench and take the burden off Lillard and CJ. I like having Harkless starting so I can even swap both Lillard and McCollum at the same time and throw Turner at PG, Crabbe at SG.

Lillard has already had a 54-point game for me, CJ dropped 42 on Magic. I now want Harkless to have a breakthrough game with 30+ (his record was 24). Crabbe will easily get 40 at some point.

I intend to develop the hell out of Connaughton, Montero, Vonleh and Layman. Will put training intensity at very high with no days off since they don't play in games anyway.

dviss1 likes this.
  10. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

You let the CPU do rotation subs for you? Put that shit on manual! Lol.

Chris Craig likes this.
  11. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

It's like they understand how much harder they made 16. Even while I'm adjusting to the movement it's easier to get to the bucket as well as block shit's cleanly.

12. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

When I play online Stotts isn't letting Harkless have anytime unless I make the sub and take over coaching.

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  13. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Meh, you let Stotts coach? Be a man and put it on manual coaching.

Chris Craig likes this.
  14. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Nah can't be bothered going into menus so much. I preset when and which subs I want to make and that's it.

15. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Just edit Crabbe, and put him where he is supposed to be stat wise

dviss1 likes this.
  16. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Put it on manual man, play a real game

dviss1 likes this.
  17. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

What improvements would you give him though? I'm thinking about editing Turner and giving him a 75-76 open 3 point shot as I think he will improve this season and it would make him much more fun to play. I would also improve Harkless' 3-point shooting. Then again it would feel a bit like cheating, although I believe that these stats will change during season in dynamic ratings but MyLeague save created now will not update.

18. Chris Craig

I updated his medium and 3pt shooting, free throw shooting just a tad, shooting off the dribble

19. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    I play online a little bit and can hang with most. My major issue is that my bigs like drift around and guys get easy looks down low. By the time they pass it down low and rotate my guys its too late a lot of the time.

Lillard can slash with the best of them in that game.

20. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

His open 3 is 90 though, he is not better than that. I will probably improve his ball handling too and off drible shots, then improve Harkless open shooting and Meyers ball handling.