OT Merged: NBA2k17... Anyone having luck with the Blazers in this game?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BigGameDamian, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Yes, you can edit someone else's (need to go somewhere in setting and edit, do edit draft class) but that's a lot of work and you'd have to know the players well which I don't. I think there are some nice draft classes available on the Xbox too, I was actually playing this game on Xbox One last year and I remember I was able to find a draft class with Simmons and Ingram both around 77-78 and very accurately replicated playing style. They did have 88-89 potential but that's fair, top players from their classes should have big potential.

2. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

During the draft it is hard not to take advantage of trades being offered. If I have the 9th pick sometimes they will offer like the guy picked 3rd straight up, it's like really? Ok fine haha.

3. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Yes, that happens very often. The mechanism is very broken this year. Also, the strategy to rebuild is very simple in this one:

1. Take crap team (Knicks, Kings, whoever)
    2. Seek trades for as many first round picks as possible
    3. Tank well and proper, simulate the whole season with simulator difficulty 100/100 and make sure you don't have any good players available (trade all of them for picks).
    4. Wait for lottery, your pick will inevitably be in top 3, and if you have 5-6 more picks which is very easy to amass, you are bound to have at least 1-2 more in lottery.
    5. Either use your first pick or flip it for a good player. I'd recommend using this to get someone like Fultz or Ball because they end up being 90 overall. You will largely get the same quality of players offered for your later lottery picks that you get for no. 1.
    6. Trade for Kemba Walker Khris Middleton and Rudy Gobert/DeAndre Jordan as they are available for next to nothing, do it with your remaining picks. Best to trade anything you have in lottery because from 5-15 it makes no difference if you pick there or just select a few players after.
    7. Best of all, once draft is done and you had tanked the first season, try looking for trades for your first round pick from next year. You will get crazy offers. I once had to choose between Porzingis, Draymond Green, Aldridge, Butler, Jabari Parker and Embiid (probably some more which I forgot).

Boom, suddenly you are starting Walker, Middleton, Butler and Draymond Green a year from having nobody to play. It's silly.

I usually try to keep it realistic which is why I put "Trade Approval" on and just reject a lot of trades which I don't find realistic.

Must say I am loving my current Portland line up, having developed all 2017 drafted players to their peak (I put progression rate very high to avoid having to wait multiple seasons).

Lillard 35 / Napier 13
    McCollum 33 / Ferguson 15
    Anunoby 25 / Ferguson 10 / Harkless 13
    Markkanen 29 / Giles 19
    Nurkic 33 / Adebayo 15

I must admit I have bumped Nurkic's potential to 89 as I think that is his ceiling, not 79 he originally has (that is just silly). You can do that in Roster -> Edit Player. I'd recommend adjusting a few stats at least before playing.

I am playing between this save and Philadelphia save where I am also in 2018-19 season with all players properly developed (and acquired Porzingis, through trading free agency signing Durant for him). Fultz/Monk/Simmons/Porzingis/Embiid is just crazy stuff in 2018.

4. 3RA1N1AC

Do you know if there is there a way to save my GM besides auto save?

5. 3RA1N1AC

It seems whatever team you choose pretty much is dominant in a year or two, like lillard was MVP for a couple years after starting.

Haven't done my league yet, is it basically my GM without all the pep talks and press conferences?

6. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Yes and with ability to cut the season shorter. I play 29 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 5. This way I do not have to simulate or spend 80-100 hours playing all games. In MyGM I would have to simulate a lot of games.

7. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Downloaded the rooks. Zack had 19 mins off the bench for me and was 4-4 on 3s with 21 pts, 6 rebounds, 1 block.

8. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Was it EmbraceThaPace's roster? He's the best prospect creator in the 2K community.

H.C. and dviss1 like this.
  9. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I also got EmbraceThePace class but I bumped up both of them as I don't feel like waiting three seasons. Swanigan is 78 with 84 potential for me and Collins is 83 with 88 potential.

Swanigan needs different shooting form as it's impossible to hit a three with his current one. I just got him the same one that Millsap has as they have similar technique from what I have seen. Any better ideas? I thought Randolph but he shoots the ball differently.

I don't know whose technique to give Collins. I am thinking Duncan but not sure if it's going to work from distance. Any ideas? Maybe the same as Porzingis, he's very fun to shoot with and Collins could end up having similar technique. I was thinking Nowitzki but nah.

dviss1 likes this.
  10. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Only one I use.

11. RipCityRyan

RipCityRyan Put in Dickau!!!

I've been playing mycareer a lot but haven't had time lately. This game is very addicting!!

12. RipCityRyan

RipCityRyan Put in Dickau!!!

Anybody play pro-am?

13. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

When they release it for Switch in three months, there goes my free time.

RipCityRyan likes this.
  14. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

might as well by 2k18 when it comes out. September 15th

15. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

It will be 2k18. They decided not to release 2k17.

I'm now having some fun with 76ers and Knicks. Knicks are awesome with Smith/Monk/Wiggins/Porzingis/Drummond rotation which I've managed to build... but I have Fultz/Monk/Simmons/Porzingis/Embiid at 76ers and I boosted Simmons jump shot (assuming he will have improved that significantly instead of having slow linear progress and never getting there).

16. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

I am big into Myteam and career is fun but for whatever reason spending more money in Myteam has always been my thing. It's for sure a great game for basketball fans. Physics are on point but more work can be done. Stay away from NBA live. the animations and physics in that game are BAD.

RipCityRyan likes this.
  17. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

EmbraceThePace is releasing an updated roster everyday now, it includes all rookies, trades and will include free agent acquisitions. Looking forward to starting a new game with Blazers next week, feel like I've overpowered Swanigan and Collins and it's not fun.

Gonna stick with my Knicks save for now... I started second season, I got no. 7 (own) and no. 14 (from Denver for Rose) picks in the draft and bought no. 27 and 28 for future picks. I got Monk at 7, Smith at 14, Adebayo at 27 and Ferguson at 28. Also I traded Anthony and 2018 first round pick to Minnesota for Wiggins and Rubio (lopsided trade but the game accepted it), then flipped Rubio, Lance Thomas and 2020 pick to Detroit for Drummond. I managed to get rid of Noah and also acquire George Hill, Marco Belinelli and Marvin Williams through free agency, and traded little young pieces for Terrence Ross. Now I'm playing:

George Hill 30 / Dennis Smith 18
    Malik Monk 30 / Terrance Ferguson 18
    Andrew Wiggins 32 / Terrence Ross 16
    Kristaps Porzingis 36 / Bam Adebayo 12
    Andre Drummond 36 / Kyle O'Quinn 12

Looking to get some value for Hernangomez as he doesn't fit in this team. If I could get a good power forward or shooting guard for him, so I don't have to develop Adebayo or Ferguson in their first season, I'll be all for it. I enjoy playing in NYC.

18. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
  19. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

What level is that?

20. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Maaannnn @KingSpeed plays on like Pro level.... :biglaugh:

You gotta at least be on All Star man...

H.C., BonesJones and JFizzleRaider like this.