NCAA 06 is out

Discussion in 'College Football' started by J-E-T-S 1083, Jul 12, 2005.

1. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

NCAA 06 is out who already bought it

2. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

i just bought it today, the prep star mode wasnt that great. It was just going through drills and it didnt really matter how you did because if the 3 teams that wanted you, you didnt like you could just walk on to any college.

3. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

Got that!

4. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

you cant do anything in the offseason either, i wanna bring in some good WR to help my QB, but i cant because im in the race of the heisman.

So if you like just playing and not worring about recruiting, race for the heisman mode is for you

5. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

got it for $27.84. Thanks to that tourny i got 2nd in. heheheh.

Fun game. I am in the middle of adding everyones name.

6. Vikings_4life

Vikings_4life nfl-*****s member

I Wish I had time to play it. Sounds like a cool game. Working two jobs sucks. I can't wait to go back to college.

7. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Porky how long did it take you to add all the peoples names??

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Porky how long did it take you to add all the peoples names??</div>

I am still in the process. first I do my favorite teams and players and then all the frosh and then the leftovers. I am working on the frosh. I don't do it all at one time because it gets to boring.

9. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I just wait to import it in year 4 because they will be like half the players that dont have names if you do in year one if you do most of the names

10. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Thats why I name all the players because I want to play with Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart in Madden or my beast of a reciever Calvin Johnson.

11. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I always do the all americans, and ACC starters

12. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Heres what you should do name all the good players, and they have this option in rosters where they will auto-name the unnamed players.

13. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

yea but its fake names. Plus all those bad players become good players. Derek Williams is only an 84 right now as a frosh. In 4 years he will be a 99 maybe.

14. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

im naming the top 20 at each positon

15. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I got it from Blockbuster last night and played it all night....Im disappointed in "Race for the Heisman"....that feature could be increadible but instead its dumb....I dont think I will ever get into that aspect of the game becasue its not done well....I still like dynasty mode, but I think I prefer last years version....Im glad I didnt buy this game, like I had the impulse to do....

16. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

Very well put Beef... except I bought it. I started playing the race for the Heisman and won it easily as a freshman receiver. I hate that you have no team control during the offseason, so I trashed my season. I'm starting over in dynasty mode. I can't say that I recommend the Heisman mode, because it's so hands off. The concept sounded better on the box. As for the dynasty mode, the controls, the gameplay, and the general stuff, I do like it. I haven't done an offseason yet, but I'm sure it's as fun as the past versions, if not better. I like the drills and I like the scouting that can be done during the season. It's an ok game, but it's basically a waste of $50 waiting for Madden to come out in less than a month.

17. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

of course or going to win race to the heisman when you play the games on varsity. The game is better than last years version.

18. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Heisman version suxs so bad, you dont even have to contend for a spot on the team, you can just walk on and get the job. That is total BS. I hate that you can walkon to any team you want, what is the point of doing those drills? If your just one player in the game, then why can you control ever guy on the field. It doesnt make sense, during the drills your just one person, but on game day you have to play defense.

19. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Im also finding the recruiting to be difficult....Ive done what I usually do, which is make a school(The Beefadel), put them on academic, and then try to build into a powerhouse....I routinely sign 3-4 good players during the season(although I have had several "soft" verbal commitments visit a different school and reneg), but the offseason is sparce....Ive been recruiting exclusive in my home state and pipeline states, and I struggle to sign anyone....I havent been able to build interest in anyone that didnt list me as top 8 to begin with....I know a lot of it is because Im a one star program, but I cant build if I cant win any game and I cant win any games if I cant get any players, so its becoming a lifeless cycle....in 4 years, Ive won 8 games and I schedule the largest collection of cupcakes you have ever seen, all Div. 1A catfish, ripe for the picking....Im not giving up, but it is proving to be a difficult start from cellar to the penthouse....

20. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Thats what makes it fun. It's a challenge. I usually don't create teams I use real ones. So far I got a Texas A&M one going and it looks good. 3rd year in and I have a HB that is just amazing.