NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rex Grossman 8, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Indiana gets a #7 seed with a 20-10 record? [​IMG]

2. TCOF

TCOF NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Yeah some of the seedings seemed kinda screwy to me too.I have all the 2 seeds in the Final 4 with Wisconsin over Memphis in the title game.I have Duke going out in the 2nd round. So much pain there.....

3. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Personally, I don't think Duke even deserves a spot. :whistling:

4. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Duke deserves a spot. Not Arkansas.Memphis doesn't deserve a 2 to me. Playing in C-USA means nothing and they're only 1-2 against the top 25 they did play. They should be a 3 seed at best.I have Winthrop in the Elite 8. Write it down. Most talented mid-major. Butler is so overrated, early season run over teams that really aren't worth mentioning so they stay in the top 25 plus they stumbled in their own crap conference.

5. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

GEORGETOWN ALL THE WAY [​IMG]

6. iknobaer

iknobaer NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Oregon is going to the Final Four. If they play like they did in the Pac-10 tourny, they are unstoppable.

7. Rex Grossman 8

I hope for another Bill Self choke job. :whistling:

8. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iknobaer @ Mar 11 2007, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Oregon is going to the Final Four. If they play like they did in the Pac-10 tourny, they are unstoppable.</div>As an Oregon fan, they are stoppable.

9. iknobaer

i know they are stoppable, Im a CAL fan, I know they are stoppable, but, IF they play like they did in the Pac-10 Tourny, THEN they are unstoppable.

10. Nebkreb

Nebkreb NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Texas is gonna win it...Durant is gonna destroy all competition...there is no one who can guard him in college...though im sad to see UNC and Texas in the same bracket...

11. iknobaer

Texas is not going to win it. Almost every single person I know and heard said Kansas would make the Final Four last year because of their amazing youth. Well, like I said last year, youth in college is not good. You need experience. Texas will not make it far. Maybe a couple of rounds. Last year I was right about Kansas, and I will be right about Texas this year. They won't make it to the Elite 8.

12. chang

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nebkreb @ Mar 11 2007, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Texas is gonna win it...Durant is gonna destroy all competition...there is no one who can guard him in college...though im sad to see UNC and Texas in the same bracket...</div>I really am concerned about Texas. They could easily be a Syracuse or be a Kansas/UNC (last year) Durant always gets the team to a hot start and then they seem to get too comfortable and lose it. Happened twice when they played Kansas.I don't buy that Oregon is that good. Have 1 off shooting night and it's done for them. I just don't buy that having pure guard play/outside shooting will be enough in the tourney. Lacking big men will hurt them imo.

13. chang

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iknobaer @ Mar 11 2007, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Texas is not going to win it. Almost every single person I know and heard said Kansas would make the Final Four last year because of their amazing youth. Well, like I said last year, youth in college is not good. You need experience. Texas will not make it far. Maybe a couple of rounds. Last year I was right about Kansas, and I will be right about Texas this year. They won't make it to the Elite 8.</div>A team starting 4 sophomores won it all last year. Syracuse won it all with Melo, McNamera (I think), and Hakim Warrick.Youth doesn't necessarily mean you're done. Chemistry counts a lot more. Kansas had too many "I want to be the star" last year, same with UNC and UCONN. Now UNC and Kansas of those teams are playing like a true team.

14. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chang @ Mar 11 2007, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iknobaer @ Mar 11 2007, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Texas is not going to win it. Almost every single person I know and heard said Kansas would make the Final Four last year because of their amazing youth. Well, like I said last year, youth in college is not good. You need experience. Texas will not make it far. Maybe a couple of rounds. Last year I was right about Kansas, and I will be right about Texas this year. They won't make it to the Elite 8.</div>A team starting 4 sophomores won it all last year. Syracuse won it all with Melo, McNamera (I think), and Hakim Warrick.Youth doesn't necessarily mean you're done. Chemistry counts a lot more. Kansas had too many "I want to be the star" last year, same with UNC and UCONN. Now UNC and Kansas of those teams are playing like a true team.</div>Yup, and I picked them to win it all that year in my pool. Everyone called me crazy for doing it, but I got the cash.

15. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

16. Jon_Vilma

BTW...<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Washington St. vs Oregon</span> :beerbang2:

17. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

My final 4: Florida-UCLA, Texas-Ohio StateOSU beats Florida 80-77 in the title game. And Grossman, about that Self choke job, it'll be in the 2nd round vs Kentucky. Unless Kansas makes history and becomes the first team to lose to a 16 seed, which would make Bill Self the all-time choker. Furthermore, it would be to the play-in game winnerGO BUCKEYES!!

18. Rex Grossman 8

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DevinHester23 @ Mar 12 2007, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>My final 4: Florida-UCLA, Texas-Ohio StateOSU beats Florida 80-77 in the title game. And Grossman, about that Self choke job, it'll be in the 2nd round vs Kentucky. Unless Kansas makes history and becomes the first team to lose to a 16 seed, which would make Bill Self the all-time choker. Furthermore, it would be to the play-in game winnerGO BUCKEYES!!</div>I'm ready. :beerbang2:

19. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

My final 4:FloridaUCLAGeorgetownOhio StateFlorida vs. Georgetown FinalsFlorida RepeatsSuprise Team: Louisville in Elite 8

20. chang

I'm going homer and picking Maryland all the way.3 starting seniors has got to count for something. Plus if Mike Jones is on (has his best games against good teams), it's hard to beat us.Most likely won't happen though.Rest of the Final 4 is G'Town, UCLA, and Ohio St.