Nellie rips Biedrins' passionless play, free-throw shootin'

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...t=AlspIZWM7k8GcYCqDji5Xbi8vLYF?urn=nba,224161

2. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

Don Nelson is my hero.

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Nellie need to look in the mirror on this one.

4. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

That's exactly what Matt Steinmetz said:

5. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
  6. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Glad Nellie called him out. Beans has been non-existant and playing like a pussy all season. He should be thriving next to Curry and he actually has the benefit of playing with real 4's this season with Randolph, Turiaf, Tolliver, and even Hunter getting a lot of burn at PF lately.

His energy level and aggressiveness was a hell of a lot better last night too. If he stays aggressive his finishing ability will come back and he oughta do great next to Curry.

If he keeps playing like he has been all season then I think we're better off dumping him and rolling with Turiaf and Hunter at C next year. They may not have the rebounding/offensive numbers Biedrins has put up over the years but they don't get muscled in the post easily, they don't give up any ridiculous and-1's right under the hoop, they go up STRONG, and they can both shoot it a little bit.

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I think he's tuned Nellie out. Nellie has never been able to coach big men and most end up leaving with animosity towards him. Biedrins season got off to a rough start with all the injuries. His confidence is down it's up to Nellie to put him in positions to succeed now and rebuild that.

8. Clif10

Clif10 Member

That's tough news about Biedrins. He has always played with so much heart and passion. Maybe he's tired of being a part of this franchise. I know that is not a good excuse, but I hope he turns it around.

Edit: This just came to me. Wasn't Mullin a big piece in drafting Biedrins and bringing him to the NBA? I wonder if the departure of Mullin and just the general shenanigans this franchise has made over the last couple of years has taken a lot of his drive away for this season at least.