Nenad Krstic Signs with Triumph Lyubertsy

Discussion in 'International Basketball' started by kobimel, Jul 27, 2008.

1. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

According to the Russian media, Krstic and the Russian club Triumph Lyubertsy have agreed to terms on a contract. The terms of the contract have yet to be released. More information will be added later.

LINK (Hebrew): http://www.sport5.co.il/articles.aspx?fold...006&lang=HE

Rough translation:

The Russian media is reporting today (Sunday) that Nenad Krstic, the New Jersey Nets' and Serbian National Team's center, has agreed to terms with Dynamo Moscow Regional (aka Triumph Lyubertsy), and will play for the team in the upcoming season.

Krstic will leave the Nets, who aren't willing to keep him on the roster after his contract expired. The center, who these days is playing for the Serbian NT in exhibition games in preparation for Eurobasket 2009, averaged 6.6 points and 4.4 rebounds last season, though his career averages are 11.3 points and 5.7 rebounds per game.

Barcelona and Real Madrid were also interested in the center, who was rumored to join Maccabi Tel-Aviv by the American media before D'or Fischer signed with them. The contract is probably for one season with an option for another.

2. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Nooooo way. Haha, this is trash.

3. Dark Defender

Dark Defender The Dark Passenger

Part-Time Intern, Full Time Student
    This stings a little.

But I think its temporary on his part, he wants to show that he can play at a high level again while making some good cash at the same time.

4. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dark Defender @ Jul 27 2008, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This stings a little.

But I think its temporary on his part, he wants to show that he can play at a high level again while making some good cash at the same time.</div>

I hope it's temporary. If he does return to the NBA and to the Nets, I hope he's just as good or better than he used to be, and he gets a good contract.

If you think about from that point of view, I guess it's not too bad. It's just like a pitcher going to the minor leagues to regain his form for a while, right? Plus, this gives more minutes to the youngins, and we don't have to worry about getting Nads minutes with all the other big men.

5. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

From the Nets' point of view: this actually seems like a pretty good deal. We get to keep Krstic's "rights" if we offer him a qualifying offer each season, money which will constrict our cap a bit but will be worth it if/when he returns better than ever, in his prime. If we decide to give up on him, we can always refrain from offering him a contract.

6. Dark Defender

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kobimel @ Jul 27 2008, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>From the Nets' point of view: this actually seems like a pretty good deal. We get to keep Krstic's "rights" if we offer him a qualifying offer each season, money which will constrict our cap a bit but will be worth it if/when he returns better than ever, in his prime. If we decide to give up on him, we can always refrain from offering him a contract.</div>

He will be back, the 4 years Krstic was here, it was clear that he loved playing in the NBA and living in the USA.

7. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

thanks Kobimel--keep the links coming!

8. pegs

pegs My future wife.

I just realized this is the same team as Boki and Delfino. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

That's not a bad team at all. And pretty cool, IMO

9. danxcr

danxcr Active Member

hmm do we still retain his rites? cuz he was a RFA?

10. Dark Defender

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Jul 27 2008, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just realized this is the same team as Boki and Delfino. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

That's not a bad team at all. And pretty cool, IMO</div>

If they win the title over there, they should send a ring to Nets management, lol.

Also, thanks kobimel, forgot to give you some props.

11. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

could someone translate the title of the article that is being run on sport5.com.il?

12. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Jul 27 2008, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just realized this is the same team as Boki and Delfino. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Sorry, wrong team. Boki and Delfino's team is Dynamo Moscow, coached by Russian NT coach David Blaat. They compete in the EuroCup (obviously, they're the favorite to win). Krstic's team is Dynamo Moscow Region, aka Triumph Lyubertsy. They also compete in the EuroCup, and are coached by former player Stanislav Eremin. They're also a good team: their roster includes former Raptor Uroš Slokar and former CSKA player Marcus Goree.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dumpy @ Jul 27 2008, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>could someone translate the title of the article that is being run on sport5.com.il?</div>

"Nenad Krstic Agreed To Dynamo Moscow Region"

Thanks for the props everyone, bringing you guys news ASAP and seeing the replies is always fun.

13. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

14. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kobimel @ Jul 27 2008, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Jul 27 2008, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just realized this is the same team as Boki and Delfino. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Sorry, wrong team. Boki and Delfino's team is Dynamo Moscow, coached by Russian NT coach David Blaat. They compete in the EuroCup (obviously, they're the favorite to win). Krstic's team is Dynamo Moscow Region, aka Triumph Lyubertsy. They also compete in the EuroCup, and are coached by former player Stanislav Eremin. They're also a good team: their roster includes former Raptor Uroš Slokar and former CSKA player Marcus Goree.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dumpy @ Jul 27 2008, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>could someone translate the title of the article that is being run on sport5.com.il?</div>

Thanks for the props everyone, bringing you guys news ASAP and seeing the replies is always fun.
    </div>

todah rabah

15. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dumpy @ Jul 27 2008, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kobimel @ Jul 27 2008, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Jul 27 2008, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just realized this is the same team as Boki and Delfino. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

</div>

todah rabah
    </div>

bevakasha [​IMG]

I'm currently scouring the internet for more information. You guys will be the first to known if/when I find some.

16. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

Keep his rights, kikipedia.

17. lukewarmplay

lukewarmplay Hired Goons

This offseason has been all about getting rid of my favorite players. Why does the Nets management have it in for me? And loosing Marcus on the Warriors doesn't really make up for it.

18. tim

tim Respect JPJ

Wow. Europe got another. I'm going to miss going up against him. [​IMG]

19. go nets

go nets The Future

good riddance, he sucked last season and was a turnover machine on the floor. he was sad to watch play

20. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kobimel @ Jul 27 2008, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>From the Nets' point of view: this actually seems like a pretty good deal. We get to keep Krstic's "rights" if we offer him a qualifying offer each season, money which will constrict our cap a bit but will be worth it if/when he returns better than ever, in his prime. If we decide to give up on him, we can always refrain from offering him a contract.</div>

I totally agree, if it turns out that this is, in fact, a one-year deal with one-year options. The way Krstic played last year, he didn't deserve to play in the NBA. This will give him a chance to (hopefully) get back to where he was, and will give him a chance to get a lot of playing time, which he was unlikely to get in NJ, at least right off the bat. I mean, Krstic was just awful last year.

It increases the odds that Hodge will make the team, who could turn out to have some value in a future deal.

The Nets will probably go out and acquire another center, though.