Nets at Warriors

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by MVPBaller, Jan 24, 2007.

1. MVPBaller

MVPBaller BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>After seeing their season-high four-game winning streak end in disheartening fashion, the New Jersey Nets look to regroup when they visit the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday night.The Nets' win streak moved them back atop the weak Atlantic Division, but their run ended with an 88-87 defeat to Sacramento in the opener of their five-game road trip Monday night. The Nets (20-21) led by 20 late in the third quarter, but the Kings outscored New Jersey 24-11 in the final period to earn the victory."We shouldn't have put ourselves in that position, being up by 20 points," said Jason Kidd, who recorded his eighth triple-double of the season and 83rd of his career with 18 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists.New Jersey was without Richard Jefferson, who underwent surgery Monday to repair a left ankle injury that has bothered him all season. Leading scorer Vince Carter, who averages 24.6 points per game, was unable to pick up the slack, scoring just eight points on 4-of-11 shooting and committing five turnovers."You've got to secure the win," Carter said. "I don't care how many guys we have missing. We've got to find a way. It was a wonderful opportunity, and we blew it."Mikki Moore led New Jersey with a career-high 22 points. He's averaging 10.3 points and 6.7 rebounds since center Nenad Krstic went down with a torn ACL in December.Krstic is done for the season, while the Nets have not set a timetable for Jefferson's return.Golden State (19-23) has lost six of seven games to fall into fourth place in the Pacific Division. General manager Chris Mullin made an eight-player trade with Indiana last week, hoping the deal would re-ignite the team, but the Warriors are 0-2 with the new players in uniform."I like the pieces that we have now," coach Don Nelson said after a 106-104 overtime loss to Cleveland on Saturday. "That was a glimpse of the way we can play. Now it's up to me to put guys in a position where they can succeed and not fail."The Warriors' latest defeat came Monday, 108-103 to the Los Angeles Lakers, who outscored Golden State 28-18 in the fourth quarter. The Warriors got a team-high 30 points from Al Harrington, one of the newcomers from last week's trade, and Mickael Pietrus had 14 points and a career-high 14 rebounds.Golden State, though, couldn't slow down Kobe Bryant, who scored 14 of his 42 points in the final period to lift the Lakers on the one-year anniversary of his 81-point game."We played for 44 minutes," Harrington said. "We could have rebounded better. I know I could have. I had only one rebound, and that may have been the difference in the game."The Warriors average 105.4 points, fourth in the NBA, but they allow a league-high 106.8 per contest.The Nets are 13-4 in the last 17 meetings with the Warriors, but have lost four of the last six in Oakland. New Jersey won the first matchup of the season 105-97 at home Dec. 18.</div><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'>New Jersey NetsRecord: 20 - 21 (.488)Standings: First, AtlanticAt Home: 13 - 10At Road: 7 - 11Streak: L 1Golden State WarriorsRecord: 19 - 23 (.452)Standings: Fourth, PacificAt Home: 15 - 8At Road: 4 - 15Streak: L 3 SeasonPPG: 96.9 Opp PPG: 97.1FG%: .454 Opp FG%: .445RPG: 41.9 Opp RPG: 41.1 SeasonPPG: 105.4 Opp PPG: 106.8FG%: .460 Opp FG%: .461RPG: 41.3 Opp RPG: 47.2 Back to TopPlayer G PPG RPG APGCarter, V 41 24.6 5.8 4.2Krstic, N 26 16.4 6.8 1.8Jefferson, R 34 16.1 4.5 2.9Kidd, J 41 14.5 8.3 9.1Moore, M 38 7.5 5.2 0.4House, E 26 6.5 1.4 1.0Nachbar, B 36 6.2 2.4 0.7Williams, M 38 6.1 1.8 2.8Robinson, C 17 4.9 3.2 1.2Wright, A 31 4.4 3.2 0.8Adams, H 33 3.5 1.5 0.3Collins, J 39 2.7 4.2 0.7Boone, J 21 2.4 2.7 0.1Robinson, B 21 2.4 2.0 0.8Ilic, M 4 0.0 0.3 0.0Head Coach: Lawrence FrankPlayer G PPG RPG APGDavis, B 37 20.8 4.6 8.5Ellis, M 37 17.7 2.9 4.2Harrington, A 38 16.2 6.3 1.5Jackson, S 39 14.4 2.7 3.1Pietrus, M 36 13.6 5.3 0.9Richardson, J 23 12.7 4.0 2.6Barnes, M 39 11.3 4.9 2.2Azubuike, K 10 10.5 3.2 1.0Biedrins, A 42 10.2 9.5 1.1Jasikevicius, S 39 7.4 1.3 2.9Major, R 1 5.0 2.0 0.0Foyle, A 26 2.5 2.1 0.3Powell, J 8 1.9 2.9 0.4O'Bryant, P 13 1.9 1.1 0.6Head Coach: Don N</div>

2. nykfan4life

nykfan4life BBW Elite Member

nets lose by 10 :happy0144: they suck, GS is good at home, nets suck, rj's out etc.

3. MVPBaller

MVPBaller BBW Elite Member

Nets don't suck.

4. jkidd51524

jkidd51524 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MVPBaller @ Jan 24 2007, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nets don't suck.</div>There is not point arguing with this idiot, all he likes to do is say all the bad things about the Nets and all the good, but very few, things about the knicks. The Knicks suck, he just cant get over that.

5. A.K.A. Vinsanity

A.K.A. Vinsanity BBW Member

I'm sure nets will win this game...and VC yeah he had a bad game monday but I think he'll explode today...good luck nets.. c'mon

6. jkidd51524

We lost by one point again, man our luck just sucks this year.

7. nykfan4life

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jkidd51524 @ Jan 25 2007, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>We lost by one point again, man our luck just sucks this year.</div>no the team just sucks in general. they blew another huge lead. I think it was 18 this time not 20 like the other night against the kings. too bad davis hit the buzzer beater. don't call me an idiot either. it's obvious that I know what I'm talking about and you don't. you're a 14 year old that thinks he knows it all. your team is gonna vanish before your eyes and don't even realize it. despite the fact that kidd is playing great ball, he's gonna have to pass the torch to marcus williams. carter is most likely leaving after this season and that leaves only rj. there is no chance in hell that mikki moore continues to play the way he's playing now. he was never any good in the nba he just has a great pg to set him up for easy shots. kidd can make any player better.say what you want about how the knicks suck and your nets don't. the fact of the matter is this. they have the clippers, nuggets, jazz and pistons coming up. most likely they win one of those games at most. the nets suck and here's why. they have three all-stars and are only 3 games ahead of the knicks in the division. I don't really need to explain that any further. watch the knicks or raps take the division.

8. arnob_detroitbasketball

arnob_detroitbasketball BBW Member

If its obvious you know what you are taking about, why did you say Davis hit it at the buzzer when Monta Ellis did. BTW Go Pistons [​IMG].

9. flash23

flash23 BBW Member

but I also know the year vince carter came him and kidd gor a 42-40 record by them self with out Rj and a when krstic was not so great do u think knicks will get a .500 record. moore battleing his way to get baskets has nothing to do with jason kidd passes Yeah moore get easy shots sometimes but shooting jump shoots over the other team big men and getting tip in and stuff like that has nothing to do with kidd.and why could nets only win one at most vs those teams.I still think nets will take the divsion beacuse nets is playing very bad but not bad enough to lose the divsion.

10. nykfan4life

Yeah I just noticed it now, simple mistake. I was thinking of davis. I really meant ellis. people make mistakes. I'm willing to admit it.

11. nykfan4life

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (flash23 @ Jan 25 2007, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>but I also know the year vince carter came him and kidd gor a 42-40 record by them self with out Rj and a when krstic was not so great do u think knicks will get a .500 record. moore battleing his way to get baskets has nothing to do with jason kidd passes Yeah moore get easy shots sometimes but shooting jump shoots over the other team big men and getting tip in and stuff like that has nothing to do with kidd.and why could nets only win one at most vs those teams.I still think nets will take the divsion beacuse nets is playing very bad but not bad enough to lose the divsion.</div>saying jason kidd has nothing to do with it is ridiculous. jason kidd makes EVERYONE better. you don't just get come in at 31 years old and play like this unless you're getting some help. he sets you up for easy shots. he's not gonna continue this good play anyway. he's only played 2 full seasons his whole career.why do they win only one of those games? well honestly they're not gonna beat melo and AI. they're gonna run them out the gym. the clippers they should beat. the jazz are a better team and actually have an inside presence in boozer so that's a loss. the pistons, well they're also a better team. they're not winning the division. it's gotta be the raptors. they're playing great basketball right now.

12. jkidd51524

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nykfan4life @ Jan 25 2007, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>no the team just sucks in general. they blew another huge lead. I think it was 18 this time not 20 like the other night against the kings. too bad davis hit the buzzer beater. don't call me an idiot either. it's obvious that I know what I'm talking about and you don't. you're a 14 year old that thinks he knows it all. your team is gonna vanish before your eyes and don't even realize it. despite the fact that kidd is playing great ball, he's gonna have to pass the torch to marcus williams. carter is most likely leaving after this season and that leaves only rj. there is no chance in hell that mikki moore continues to play the way he's playing now. he was never any good in the nba he just has a great pg to set him up for easy shots. kidd can make any player better.say what you want about how the knicks suck and your nets don't. the fact of the matter is this. they have the clippers, nuggets, jazz and pistons coming up. most likely they win one of those games at most. the nets suck and here's why. they have three all-stars and are only 3 games ahead of the knicks in the division. I don't really need to explain that any further. watch the knicks or raps take the division.</div>Wow, you really are a moron. There happy, your not a idiot. Just because im 15 dosnt mean sh*t, I could know just as much as you and I probley do. What does Carter maybe leaving after the season have to do with now? Please explain that to me. Kidd is playing the best basketball in a long time, why the hell would he pass the tourch. Your talking 3-4 years down the road. RJ is just going to get better, once he gets healthy. Kidd is staying, so I dont see how the good play of Mikki Moore will stop? Hes getting dunks and layups, whats going to change about that? And who gives a sh*t about whos playing good right now and who we are playing next? The season is just past halfway, any team could turn it around in the second half. RJ has only been healthy for what a whole 3 weeks? He got hurt like the second week or something, hes just been playing through it. Carter came 2 years ago and we were under 500, RJ was out and Kristic wasnt the saem as he is today. We have a better team then we do now, once RJ gets back. Kidd has lead this team before, and he will do it again.

13. jkidd51524

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nykfan4life @ Jan 25 2007, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>saying jason kidd has nothing to do with it is ridiculous. jason kidd makes EVERYONE better. you don't just get come in at 31 years old and play like this unless you're getting some help. he sets you up for easy shots. he's not gonna continue this good play anyway. he's only played 2 full seasons his whole career.why do they win only one of those games? well honestly they're not gonna beat melo and AI. they're gonna run them out the gym. the clippers they should beat. the jazz are a better team and actually have an inside presence in boozer so that's a loss. the pistons, well they're also a better team. they're not winning the division. it's gotta be the raptors. they're playing great basketball right now.</div>There you go, your not a complete retart. Kidd makes anyone on this team better, like he is doing to Moore. Again, if Kidd and Moore are both healthy and there, whats going to change? The Nuggets are going to run us out of the building? Jazz are going to win just because Boozer is there? Then the team we should have the most problem with, the clippers, you say we should win. Your a idiot. The nets will win this division, nobody else in the division will even make the playoffs.

14. nykfan4life

you see just by the way you're trying to prove your point just shows how immature you are. you're a kid to me. you can't even buy a lighter for another 3 years. where's tony when you need him? it's not necessary to call me all these names because I disagree. you're overreacting calling me a moron, an idiot, retard. c'mon take it easy. all I said was that the nets suck and I said why. I said that the next few games are gonna be tough and they're gonna win maybe one of them and then you call me an idiot. whatever happened to respectfully disagreeing with someone without the name calling? that's when immaturity comes into play. calling me an idiot/moron/retard doesn't help prove your point any better. it's like whenever I say something about the nets that you don't like, I'm an idiot of a sudden. calm down.now about what I was saying about the nets. I was talking more about the future. the nets are not going to be good in the future. carter is gonna leave most likely. kidd, even though he is playing great, isn't getting any younger. rj is good but he's not gonna take this team to the next level. you act like I don't watch the team. I get the YES network, I watch the games. they've blown more leads this year than ever before. they barely hung on against the knicks, they blew a 20 point lead to the kings, a 12 or 13 point lead last night to the warriors with about 4 or 5 minutes left in the game. of coarse me being a knicks fan you think everything I say is because I'm a knicks fan. it's not. I love the knicks but I watch other teams too. I thought the nba finals with miami winning was great. I love the heat. wade and shaq together are a really good duo. what I'm trying to say is that I'm not exclusively a knicks fan, I'm an NBA fan. my name may make you think otherwise but I watch every national tv game that's on and the knicks don't have any of them haha.just take it down a notch with these insults. agree to disagree.

15. flash23

flash23 BBW Member

raps playing good basketball and there not even over the .500 mark wow thats the first time I heard that.

16. nykfan4life

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (flash23 @ Jan 25 2007, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>raps playing good basketball and there not even over the .500 mark wow thats the first time I heard that.</div>that's the atlantic division haha.

17. jkidd51524

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nykfan4life @ Jan 25 2007, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>you see just by the way you're trying to prove your point just shows how immature you are. you're a kid to me. you can't even buy a lighter for another 3 years. where's tony when you need him? it's not necessary to call me all these names because I disagree. you're overreacting calling me a moron, an idiot, retard. c'mon take it easy. all I said was that the nets suck and I said why. I said that the next few games are gonna be tough and they're gonna win maybe one of them and then you call me an idiot. whatever happened to respectfully disagreeing with someone without the name calling? that's when immaturity comes into play. calling me an idiot/moron/retard doesn't help prove your point any better. it's like whenever I say something about the nets that you don't like, I'm an idiot of a sudden. calm down.now about what I was saying about the nets. I was talking more about the future. the nets are not going to be good in the future. carter is gonna leave most likely. kidd, even though he is playing great, isn't getting any younger. rj is good but he's not gonna take this team to the next level. you act like I don't watch the team. I get the YES network, I watch the games. they've blown more leads this year than ever before. they barely hung on against the knicks, they blew a 20 point lead to the kings, a 12 or 13 point lead last night to the warriors with about 4 or 5 minutes left in the game. of coarse me being a knicks fan you think everything I say is because I'm a knicks fan. it's not. I love the knicks but I watch other teams too. I thought the nba finals with miami winning was great. I love the heat. wade and shaq together are a really good duo. what I'm trying to say is that I'm not exclusively a knicks fan, I'm an NBA fan. my name may make you think otherwise but I watch every national tv game that's on and the knicks don't have any of them haha.just take it down a notch with these insults. agree to disagree.</div>Age has nothing to do with it, and thats just proving my point of you being immature. First of all, you started it last topic. I cant remeber the name but you started. And second, you keep bringing up how your older, it means nothing. Jordan was younger then a lot of people when he won his first championship, age means sh*t when your talking about sports and how good you know them. But just keep bringing it up, real mature. Thats not even my favorite though, ask justblaze, you started to call me and him ass hole and all that good stuff.

18. nykfan4life

ok you were in pre school when mj played. age does matter when you're talking about sports because you experienced it and you understood it, you saw it as it happened first hand. I saw michael jordan play at the end of his career. you have less credibilty being younger is all I'm saying. I'm not gonna take anything a kid says to me seriously whether it's about sports or life or anything for that matter. all that crap that happened with justblaze was just us arguing. I don't get involved in confrontations unless I feel it's nessecary. the knicks suck, Yeah I admit it, but as much as they suck they're still in contention for the division. I stand behind my team no matter how bad they are. I know good basketball because I was around when the knicks were good. you think I have no credibility because I like the knicks and you disagree with me. you don't even read what I say. read my last post dude. I didn't call you an idiot or insult you in any way. how does that make me immature? how does me saying I'm older make me immature? I don't think you know the definition of immaturity.

19. jkidd51524

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nykfan4life @ Jan 25 2007, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ok you were in pre school when mj played. age does matter when you're talking about sports because you experienced it and you understood it, you saw it as it happened first hand. I saw michael jordan play at the end of his career. you have less credibilty being younger is all I'm saying. I'm not gonna take anything a kid says to me seriously whether it's about sports or life or anything for that matter. all that crap that happened with justblaze was just us arguing. I don't get involved in confrontations unless I feel it's nessecary. the knicks suck, Yeah I admit it, but as much as they suck they're still in contention for the division. I stand behind my team no matter how bad they are. I know good basketball because I was around when the knicks were good. you think I have no credibility because I like the knicks and you disagree with me. you don't even read what I say. read my last post dude. I didn't call you an idiot or insult you in any way. how does that make me immature? how does me saying I'm older make me immature? I don't think you know the definition of immaturity.</div>I dont want to argue with you anymore, its pointless. Yes I read your posts, and all the said was how your not going to take advice for me because im 15. But w.e, dont reply I dont want to argue its pointless.

20. nykfan4life

good........... cuttino for three!!!!!!!